Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I ordered yesterday at 11am EST. It still says order received. I understand the delay on shipping because they are overwhelmed. What I don't get is that they haven't even run my card. I am worried that will mean that my order isn't even in the que until the computer runs my card. I was really hoping to have my new phone before next friday.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    If anyone is activating theirs through Sprint and got it from Hspring for 399, let us know if they offer any incentives for extending your contract.
    I ordered mine on Wednesday at 5:30pm PST. I checked the web this morning and it states awaiting shipment. I called, and they say it may take a few more days. I ordered it fedex overnight as all of you I'm sure did. Damn I wanted my treo today!

They say it might not ship till next week....

i'm spiraling into a depression now
    I ordered mine about 9 a.m. 10/9, and I got one "Thank You" e-mail from HS immediately with the order number. From then until now, nothing -- just a repeated "Order Received" on the HS website. However, just a few minutes ago I received a second e-mail from HS saying "Handspring.com Order Confirmation" along with my number. The website still says "Order Received" but I take this second e-mail (a day later) as a sign of some progress.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    yo I ordered @ 2:10pm PST, and I am still awaiting shipment for overnight express. Looking at this thread is torture. So then people post how they haven't received an e-mail, but they call Customer Care and get their shipping #. I tried that, they didn't even have one for me either. Talk about making my week Sh&*ty.
    For those with a "Order Received" on HS status, try clicking through the "View Order" button and then look in the upper right corner, where there is an "Order Status" box. Even though everywhere else on the site my status is lsited as "Order Received", this box says "Credit Card Approved" and I believe this was what prompted the "Order Confirmed" e-mail I just received and mentioned in an earlier post -- this second e-mail came more than a day after I placed my order. Anyway, hoping for change of status to "Awaiting Shipment" any time now.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Sounds like they just check if your card has the funds and then charge it when they have them in stock.
    Ordered Wed 2:58pm PST with separate billing and headset adapter.

Got "Awaiting Shipment" Thu around 11am finally.

Didn't make it on the Thu 4pm FedEx apparently.

Didn't make it on the Fri 5-6am FedEx either.

Calling calling HS sucks because each wait time is like 45 min...4-5 of these.

Latest info says "will ship today". Also, when I mentioned that other people on the forum that ordered after me on Wed / Thu already have their phone today, he said "That's impossible"???

I think that some of us that ordered earlier have our phones on a pallette that is all the way in the back or something, and FedEx can only take so many per truck???
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

-Entrapment(Sean Connery)
    Order Received....I ordered mine this morning Looks like I'll have mine by Saturday! Next Saturday that is.....
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by RedAlienM

Latest info says "will ship today". Also, when I mentioned that other people on the forum that ordered after me on Wed / Thu already have their phone today, he said "That's impossible"???

I think that some of us that ordered earlier have our phones on a pallette that is all the way in the back or something, and FedEx can only take so many per truck???
    RedAlienM, I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered mine at 2:03pm PST. Guess we'll just have to keep waiting. To think I could've had one in my hand already if I ordered later?
    Oh well, I'll keep you posted on my status.
    Originally posted by RedAlienM

RedAlienM, I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered mine at 2:03pm PST. Guess we'll just have to keep waiting. To think we could've had one in ours hands already if we ordered later?
    Oh well, I'll keep you posted on my status.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey RedAlienM:

I ordered @ 2:10pm PST (i think i mentioned that like 3 times in this thread already), and i got the the Awaiting Shipping about 2 minutes later.

It seems like if you ordered @ between 2:01 and 2:59, you got as*ed out.
    I'm at home.....waiting for the delivery. If Fedex delivers "by 3pm" as they said .......I have an hour and 20 left.

Go Treo!!!!!

iGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I ordered at 8:00am yesterday (10/9/03) using the discount link. Phone plus a few accessories. And my wife has reported that it was delivered via Fedex this afternoon 10/10. By the way I received an email from Handspring with tracking info last night as well as instructions how to activate the phone with Sprint. Well done Handspring.

Can't wait to get home to start playing!
    And, at 2:54, it is delivered.

Well, that is before 3pm, yes . . .
    I ordered my Treo600 on Wednesday at 5:00 pm CST with different shipping and billing addresses. As of Friday afternoon, my status is still “awaiting shipment.”

When I first called Handspring the CS Rep. told me the delay was probably because of different shipping/billing addresses. I was sure that I had my work address listed as my shipping address with my credit card company (Mastercard), but I called just to make sure. To my shock and horror, I found out that the cc company erases any shipping addresses after 6 months! (thanks a lot to my ccard company for letting me know they were erasing the address…gheesh…) So, I added my work address as my shipping address (again) today.

So, I called Handspring back and spoke to an extremely helpful supervisor. Who confirmed that even though I’d ordered on Wednesday, Handspring didn’t hear from my credit card company until today (Friday)! I’d selected overnight express delivery and he said they would not charge me shipping because of the delay. Kudos to Handspring for that one – I didn’t even have to ask.

The bad news is that now I’m being put “back in line” and everyone else who didn’t have any billing issues essentially jumped ahead of my order. That’s why some people who ordered the Treo600 after I did are getting theirs already. My heart dropped to the floor when he said it might be another 5 to 7 days before I’d actually get it because they’ve been flooded with orders. Sigh…

So, if you’re still “awaiting shipment,” I’d give your credit card company a call (just to be safe) and make sure that your shipping address is on file with them. Hope this helps.

- DougDarden

PS: The supervisor at HS said that American Express was the best about shipping issues and response times. Just FYI. So, I guess it’s possible that different ccard companies take longer to get back to businesses who inquire about shipping/billing addresses. That may account for why some people are being delayed. just a thought.

PPS: He also said that he’s had the Treo600 for the past two weeks and that he absolutely LOVES it. I could hear the sincerity in his voice. He said, “I’m really sorry about the delay. I’d drive it to Texas and deliver it myself if I could. You’re gonna LOVE it!” Given everything people are saying, I believe him…
    Just gotta share the JOY!

I just ordered my Treo 600 with my existing user discount from Handspring, plus a bunch of accessories. Big sigh about the potential 1 week delay, but I'm looking forward to getting it.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    Just gotta share the JOY!

I just ordered my Treo 600 with my existing user discount from Handspring, plus a bunch of accessories. Big sigh about the potential 1 week delay, but I'm looking forward to getting it.
    I feel ya....we're in the same boat! You better not get yours before me!!!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    FEXED ARRRIVED....OH MY LAWD....ITS SO SMALL!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    And another.....
    Attached Images Attached Images