Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I ordered, email confirm said backordered,

status check on web said Order Awaiting.

I called 888 #, they said they have them in stock, just swamped with orders, she said I should have it in 3-5 business days.

So I'm hoping between Tues and Thurs. Can't wait maybe it will come sooner!!

I ordered the headset jack too!

I think Handspring is awesome for taking care of existing treo people with $200 off. I'm a Treo 300 owner and former Visor Deluxe owner.

Can't wait to get it, just wanted to update people ordering this morning.
    Just called Handspring CS.
    They said that the 600's are not actually on backorder, but that they are waiting on a shipment which is due in this weekend, thus allowing for a delivery date of next week (depending on your shipping methods, of course).
    So that's why everyone is getting the "awaiting shipment" notice. Technically, you are. Me, too.
    I agree. Handspring could have given us a $100 discount, and we would have taken it. $399 is a pretty good deal, and I did not think twice about ordering it...
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by ido
    They said that the 600's are not actually on backorder, but that they are waiting on a shipment which is due in this weekend, thus allowing for a delivery date of next week (depending on your shipping methods, of course).
    So that's why everyone is getting the "awaiting shipment" notice. Technically, you are. Me, too.
    this differs from a previous poster's claims that the CSR told him he would receive a tracking number later this afternoon! Hopefully, they will ship out some of them today (Thursday) for the people who ordered on Wednesday.....*crossing fingers*. Would be great not to have to wait over the long weekend to receive it!
    I ordered on 10/8 around 3:30pm MST. My online status shows 'Awaiting Shipment'. I'm hoping that it will ship out today so I get it on Friday in time for the long weekend. That's whay I paid for overnight shipping. I wish these places would say there might be a delay due to demand, I wouldn't have chosen overnight if I knew there was no chance of getting it by Friday.
    Actually, the Handspring site did say that it could take 2-3 days for orders to be processed prior to shipping. I too ordered yesterday but don't really to expect it to arrive before early next week, anything earlier is a bonus.
    When I got my Treo 180 (ordered first day they went on sale), the status showed "Awaiting Shipment" even after I received my unit. May be they've fixed it by now, but take it with a grain of salt if they're so swamped.
    If you ordered early Wednesday, your order should be out the door this evening, and in your hands tomorrow (if you did the overnight option).

(At least that's what the rep told me this morning).
    Originally posted by skfny
    If you ordered early yesterday, your order should be out the door this evening, and in your hands tomorrow (if you did the overnight option).
    I hope you're right, but how do you know?
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

I hope you're right, but how do you know?
    Because that's what the rep told him this morning! lol.
    THere is now a message on the treo600 page saying it will be delyed "due to high demmand, allow one week"
    I don't think that was there this morning (10/09)
    For what it's worth.........
    This sounds aweful familuar...LOL

Oh yea, here is the link to the page with the "week dely"
    http://www.handspring.com/products/c...overview.jhtml
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 10/09/2003 at 06:50 PM.
    HS say that they will not charge your CC till it ships. Perhaps we can use that as a gage too. Check your CC and see if it's on there yet...I know my banks fast about getting the info to me if I use their internet banking..
    Just a thought...
    Originally posted by skfny
    If you ordered early Wednesday, your order should be out the door this evening, and in your hands tomorrow (if you did the overnight option).

(At least that's what the rep told me this morning).
    Just got off the phone with cs and I was told basically the same thing. Any orders placed today are subject to the 1 week delay. If you ordered yesterday before 11am, your order will ship that day. After that, up until the close of business yesterday, and it might ship today or tomorrow. He said some orders have already shipped and that while mine is still "awaiting shipment" that doesn't mean it won't ship today yet. It's only 1:45pm now. He said to keep checking to see if it goes because on something like the 600, they ship 24 hrs/day and it could very well ship later tonight. As soon as it ships, it's scanned, and once that happens you get an email saying it's shipped.
    I ordered from HS website at about 2:30 a.m. EST early Thursday morning. I received two confirmation emails and neither mentioned backorder. Order status now says awaiting shipment. Anyone else order around the same time and get a backorder email?
    Wow, they must have just run short this morning. I ordered 11:00 a.m. EST (Thursday) and got the backorder message. My status is "Order received." Based on others' calls, I think they're expecting more in soon, and are just trying to fill orders as fast as possible. But, I can wait until early next week for the great discount.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I ordered yesterday (Wed, 10/8) evening about 8:00pm. My status says AWAITING SHIPMENT. I called HS CS and they told me that it should be shipping out today and I asked for the express (overnight) shipping. I checked my credit card and it has been charged. I'm expecting it tomorrow...
  18.    #38  
    Good news for everyone!! (I started this thread, I ordered last night, Wednesday, at 9:30 pm est)

Even though my order still says "Awaiting Shipment" online, I just called to speak to a CSR at the phone number in my confirmation email, and she had a fedex tracking number for me. I paid for overnight shipping so I expect to get it tomorrow, Friday!

The tracking number does not yet show up in the Fedex system, but in my experience that's not out of the ordinairy. I expect it to scan by sometime later this evening.

yay!
    plswdth,

Thats great! Did you have separate billing/shipping addresses? How about any accessories?

Thanks,
    Leo
  20.    #40  
    Originally posted by leobag
    plswdth,

Thats great! Did you have separate billing/shipping addresses? How about any accessories?

Thanks,
    Leo
    I had the same billling/shipping address, and didn't order any accessories.

Hope everyone else receives their 600 tomorrow too!
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast