Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
    Just wanted to tie the ribbon on this one, as you've all been supportive and trying to keep each other sane as the wait progesses (ed). Mine finally arrived in San Francisco. Ordered 10/15, delivered 10/20 at 12:58. I will be Off the air the rest of the night playing.
    i'm totally jealous, JJ. My wife signed for mine today at 1:15 on my order from the 15th. But... I'm in Chicago typing this from my Treo300. I get home Thursday afternoon.
    I finally have mine en route after having ordered it a week ago last Friday (the 10th)!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Was waiting for GSM... Broke down and ordered CDMA on the 18th.

Still waiting.
    Jaggrey....keep hope alive man!!

I was pissed when they didn't send mine right away (ordered the 9th, received the 17th). As soon as I took it out the box and played with it, all my anger faded away.

Trust me, when you get it in your hands, you will forget all about the wait

GO CANES!!
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    ordered mine friday nite...late nite (10/17). ordered the 600, handsfree, and the headphone adapter.

treo 600 - backordered

but got the rest of the stuff earlier today. why couldnt they just wait till the 600 was ready and ship it out one time...? what am i gonna do with this stuff...? if it was the other way around...then yeah...i'd be hype. damn. so when can i expect this 'backorder' turn to shipped...?
    Well, the Treo finally arrived today (8 days later).

I wasn't as excited as everyone else seems to be about this thing -- it seems so heavy?

And I had no idea the camera quality would be this bad. I mean, it's like a pinhole camera we used to make when we were kids.

But the biggest disappointment is that I just found out during install that there is no photo conduit for the Macintosh, and worse, the Palm Desktop installer doesn't work with the latest versions of OSX (10.2.8 or 10.3).

Handspring says they'll post an installer that works "whenever they figure out what the problem is.."

In the meantime, I can't sync the phone with my computer.

Well at least I can activate it, right? No, you need a landline. Who has a landline anymore????

What a disappointment -- I'll give it a few days, but my old reliable Treo 300 is looking better and better.
    Originally posted by paulhorne
    Well at least I can activate it, right? No, you need a landline. Who has a landline anymore????
    You can activate from your Treo 300...the changes just won't go into effect until you hang up your 300.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Orered mine from HS (the $399 deal) on Thursday 16th, and it arrived on Monday 20th.

Was I ever surprised!!
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    You can activate from your Treo 300...the changes just won't go into effect until you hang up your 300.
    Am I missing something: why can't you press *2 on Treo 600 to activate it? Actually *2 is a welknown trick to test the phone before you activate it.
    I ordered mine on the 16th and I'm still "AWAITING SHIPMENT".

What gives, don't they know this is Mr. Friggin Man?
    I ordered mine on the 19th and for the last 55 hours it has been "Order Received" Upon my nourotic call to handspring the very nice young lady said I would probably have a happy Halloween and that would be the best she could do. Sad thing is I already sold my 300 on ebay and have to mail it off on Thursday. So will be w/o a phone for about a week. Hope it is worth it. With the discount and sale of my 300 however it is working out to be about a $240 phone. Not too bad...
    Originally posted by highpocketsd
    I ordered mine on the 19th and for the last 55 hours it has been "Order Received" Upon my nourotic call to handspring the very nice young lady said I would probably have a happy Halloween and that would be the best she could do. Sad thing is I already sold my 300 on ebay and have to mail it off on Thursday. So will be w/o a phone for about a week. Hope it is worth it. With the discount and sale of my 300 however it is working out to be about a $240 phone. Not too bad...
    I ordered mine on the same day. Halloween? That sucks!
    Just to follow-up, I was able to provision the Treo 600 easily by dialing *2 directly from the new phone -- no land line required.

Spent all day troubleshooting the OSX install problem -- discovered that you have to completely uninstall the old version and remove any preference files from the computer before it will install on OSX.

So I'm happier about the 600 now -- although Treo Caller ID, the coolest app I have, doesn't seem to work on the 600, and this camera is still a disaster.

Thaks everyone!
    Hey Paulhorne,

I'm not too familiar with Treo caller id, so I apologize in advance if this is not what you're talking about, but the treo 600 does picture calller id with custom ringtones right out of the box.

As to the camera, several people have posted decent pictures here. You're right that it's a pretty weak camera, especially in low light, but I've had some acceptable success with it. Check out wireless-doc's pics here on the forum to see what you can do with the camera.

I thought the camera was just a wasted extra when this unit came out, and wished they had put the money into a high res screen. But yesterday I took a picture of a product in my business that I had a problem with and emailed it directly to the company so they could see it firsthand. It was "click", "share", tap in the email, and 1 minute later across the country they could see my issue.

Cluemeister
    Originally posted by mervynle
    Orered mine from HS (the $399 deal) on Thursday 16th, and it arrived on Monday 20th.

Was I ever surprised!!
    Hey mervynle,

Did you check the status page often while you were waiting? Did the status ever change or did it just show up? As the tagline says, I ordered mine on the 17th. My status has said "Order Received" ever since. I think I'll give them a call today. I was hoping to have it by Friday since I have that day off and can dedicate it to play

GO HOKIES!
    Well, I gave up and finally ordered mine yesterday afternoon (21st). Even with all my complaints about the Treo 300, it's still a wonderful phone, and I can't wait to get my hands on the 600. Seeing as the price diff for overnight fedex compared to standard was less than $10 I splurged knowing the wait is going to drive me nuts!

Please don't tell me I'm not going to get it this month... Ugh! Noooooooooo hahaha... I am so impatient!
    Originally posted by mervynle

Was I ever surprised!!
    you serious..? i ordered mine on the 17th....but only got my accessories on the 20th. like the other person said....did it say that it was shipped on your order status page...? mine says backordered...
    Originally posted by highpocketsd
    yup.. ordered mine the same day as well... just called HS and they told me that they earliest it would ship is monday.. status is still on order recieved as well ...