Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks ido for reassuring us. We need some patience kicked back into us every once in a while. I've been a member of the Awaiting Shipment Club since yesterday morning.
    FedEx picked up my treo yesterday at 4:49 PM, and now almost 24 hours later, the status is unchanged. It still reads "picked up by FedEx".

I can't believe I picked the cheap delivery method. What an *****.

Cluemeister
  3. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Well, guess what -- the mail guy just walked into my office with a big brown box from PalmOne (yes, PalmOne! seems Handspring's done some 'merging' of operations before the merger is official) containing my brand new Treo 600. And the silly Handspring order website still shows "Awaiting Shipment" and no email with the tracking number has arrived.

Maybe I should just call Handspring and cancel the order now, after all they think it hasn't been shipped yet :-)
    Originally posted by ocs
    Maybe I should just call Handspring and cancel the order now, after all they think it hasn't been shipped yet :-)
    Well have they charged your credit card yet? ;-)

When I ordered my Palm III years ago, I ordered from buy.com. They accidentally sent two, so I sold one on eBay and came out with a profit.
    Order Date:
    10/10/2003 07:33:02 AM

Order Status:
    Awaiting Shipment

And still waiting........and waiting....and waiting......;(
  6. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jay Tamboli

Well have they charged your credit card yet? ;-)

Not according to the Amex website, but they tend to be a day behind.

Oliver
    I ordered mine this morning (10/16) and the status changed to Awaiting shipment within a few hours. I hope it'll get shipped soon.
    Ordered mine 10/14...still in "Awaiting Shipment" status so far. I will keep you posted!
    Got the "Shipped" email!! I ordered on the morning of the 13th.

Happy happy days for me. Happy days for me.

Will be here tommorrow. Wasn't going to go to my office, but will have to now to pick it up.

May you 10/9 and 10/10 guys and gals receive satisfaction asap.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you just might miss it."

Ferris Bueller
    My Treo 600 was delivered by the FedEx guy at 2:58 PM. When they say they'll deliver by 3:00 PM, they mean it!

For those of you who have not ordered yet, I recommend getting the Overnight Express shipping, because it is only a few bucks more than the Ground shipping. I think it is $14.50 for overnight and $8.00 or $9.00 for ground.

Although you can't turn on the T600 before charging it, you could attach the power cable and turn it on while it is charging. I did this so that I could call Sprint PCS to get my service switched over the the T600 ASAP. It was pretty easy to do. I told the Sprint CSR that I wanted to change equipment. I gave him the ESN number and he asked me to enter ## and some numbers on the dial screen. Then I entered my Sprint number on another screen. Then I waited abotu 3 hours and the phone works. I tried to use the Web browser and it said it needed to update something. 3 minutes later I was browsing the internet!

I'm browsing Ebay right now with my T600 and it looks pretty darn good! The Treo 300 could never do this!

Jerry
    Can anyone explain why Handspring ships new orders ahead of people who ordered many days before the new people ordering?

That doesn't seem right to me.

Awaiting Shipment,

Buddy
    I'm one of the people who ordered 10/09, got confirm it shipped this evening so it looks like they are catching up.

Why folks who ordered even this week got them before us? Not sure, handspring surely couldn't tell me via calling or via e-mail, but one time I called they said my order ("along with 600 others") were dropped into manual mode because of an issue that the automated system picked out. For mine he said my zip code -- no idea why since it was correct for both the billing and shipping address, and it is in fact shipped into the same zip code just down the street. Maybe all of us who have been delayed are 'manual order' folks and folks who have ordered more recently have gotten into the system which maybe they fixed so that all the orders don't turn over into manual.

Either way, whatever system they got it surely has had some serious bugs -- I sure hope the Treo600 doesn't have the same fate!

Whew.

L
  13. tdf
    I ordered at 5pm CST on 10/14 and it shipped today (6/16). I'm glad it did not take 7 days to ship. tdf
    Originally posted by sfreiman
    Ordered mine 10/14...still in "Awaiting Shipment" status so far. I will keep you posted!
    Status this morning (10/17) shows shipped (FedEx Saver), should arrive 10/21.
    Originally posted by buddy
    Can anyone explain why Handspring ships new orders ahead of people who ordered many days before the new people ordering?

That doesn't seem right to me.

Awaiting Shipment,

Buddy
    I was one of the first people to order the original Handspring Visor Deluxe years ago, and the exact same thing happened. First orders were "lost" in the computers and had to hand process, while sunsequent orders (two months later) were processing ahead of us. Very frustrating - and I would have thought they had that cleared up years ago.
    I was one of the very first people to order the Deluxe as well. Had the same problem about my order. I then waited a month before getting the Prism, and then another month before getting the Treo 300. I just couldn't wait a month this time, but opted for a week instead. Looks like a couple of days would have been just fine.
    Well I just checked my order status again on Handspring.com. It still says "Awaiting Shipment" but next to each item it's taken a step backward to "Credit Card Approved"!!!!!!!! WTH is goin on????????
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Well I just checked my order status again on Handspring.com. It still says "Awaiting Shipment" but next to each item it's taken a step backward to "Credit Card Approved"!!!!!!!! WTH is goin on????????
    my status switched back & forth between "awaiting shipment" & "credit card approved" too (page 13 of this thread). still got here on time though.
    hehey... got it... FED Ex delivered it just now. I ordered it on 10/09, the status on handspring.com was showing awaiting shipment till late night yesterday.
    Hang in there folks.. it will be coming soon for all of you. . I think handspring.com has got things back in order.

-chiru
    Looks like Monday is my best hope now.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!