Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    Still at CC Approved. These guys are givin me ^$#^$^ about different billing & shipping.

Frustrating!
    Unfortunatley, that's normal. Standard credit card fraud protection. You can help that along by giving your credit card company the alternate address.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    wooo hoooo!!!! Ordered Friday, getting here today!

Oct 15, 2003 8:01 am
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    HOUSTON TX
    How many times can I go to the door to check for a package before I'm officially considered obsessed?
    I have no life. No, really.

After seeing my Treo 600 was on the FedEx truck at 7:30 this morning, I puttered around the house, delaying my departure to work in the hopes that MAYBE I would be the first one on the delivery route. Alas, my hopes were in vain, and I left grudgingly to go do my job, and leaving my wife with the duty to call me as soon as "The Package" arrives.

As I left my house, I even considered doing a quick drive around my neighborhood to make sure the FedEx truck wasn't on its way. Just for a second, though, really.

OK. I'm all better now. I've calmed myself with a stiff drink and a bowl of Valium. I can wait.
    That beautiful man in the FedEx uniform just brought my new toy!!!

It's on the charger as we speak!!

Maybe now I can get that shower....
    I ordered 10/9, 10:48 am, different billing and shipping. Still awaiting shipping. Called HS this morning, guys said in warehouse should go out today. WTF?
    7 am on fedex truck for delivery.
    shippedshippedshipped
    waitingwaitingwaiting
    gonna explode with impatience
    how long can it take mr fedex to get here????
    I ordered on 10/9. I have a different billing and shipping address, but I called Amex yesterday and they told me that the charge came through on Monday. However, I'm still showing awaiting shipping! Aren't they supposed not to bill until they're shipping? How come people who ordered on Friday already received theirs and I already been charged for it but it hasn't been shipped yet?
    12h42 p.m.-still on truck. not in my hands. sigh
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

How many times can I go to the door to check for a package before I'm officially considered obsessed?

It's here!! IT'S HERE!!!

IT'S CHARGING!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh...
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    hee! this is such a nice anxiety/adrenaline/endorphine filled thread!

i am now activated, provisioned & high.
    Originally posted by GearGoddess
    hee! this is such a nice anxiety/adrenaline/endorphine filled thread!

i am now activated, provisioned & high.
    How long did it take to get activated and provisioned? I can't decide whether or not to try and get it done before I leave for school tonight.
    So after I ordered it 1 hour after it went on sale...then after Handspring forgot to enter my order into their computer. And after I called back the next day to see why it hadn't gone through...and after re-ordering again on the 9th at 9am. And after waiting and waiting for my credit card to be approved. It finally made its way out of Utah and to Fed-Ex. Of course it's supposed to be delivered by 3pm today, but as I was watching the status online I saw that there was a delivery attempt and that it said wrong address. I called Fed-Ex to see what was going on and they said that the driver couldn't find my house but the address was right. I've now spent 30 min. on the phone with Fed-Ex and they said it's ridiculous that the driver can't find my house as I live in a well known area. I'm now waiting for the driver to call me back at my house so I can give him directions...but it's been 10 minutes and still no call from him. I'm gonna give them another 10 minutes and then call back. It's almost as if I'm not supposed to get this before my birthday (tomorrow). It would be a great gift if I did though.
    Still in Awaiting Shipment status since yesterday around 1pm. Ordered via phone 10/9 5pm, same ship/billing address.

sniff, sniff
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    treo_ken, i first tried to activate it online, but the web page suggested that i call to activate. the entire phone call, including hold time & instructions on what buttons to press, took about 10 minutes. it would have been quicker if the rep didn't have such a thick accent. she said that it could take up to 2 hours before my phone was active, but it seemed to work right away.
    Well Fed-Ex finally came through and delivered (pardon the pun). I called up SPCS and activated and now I'm just waiting for it to go through. While I wait I'm synching all my programs and whatnot. Wooohooo I'm excited!
    Last edited by angrytaxman; 10/15/2003 at 11:17 PM.
    Did either of you have an existing Sprint account? If so, what if any kind of deal did Sprint give you?
    I'm steaming hot now.

Ordered 10/9 around 1pm EST.

I've been in awaiting shipment since early yesterday. I figured it would go out yesterday, but it didn't. I called HS this morning, and the rep told me since it was awaiting shipment, it would definetly be going out on the '4 O'Clock truck'. Well its 7:27 EST now (4:27 Pacific time) and the order status still shows 'AWAITING SHIPMENT'.

What the h*ll is going on at handspring. My phone has been sitting in their shipping center for almost 2 days now according to their site. My old phone died, and I need this thing NOW. I'm tempted to buy it at the Sprint store and cancel my HS order. Grrrrr!!
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    I'm in the same boat. The screen on my old phone broke, so I'm really itching to get my Treo!

However, I don't think "Awaiting Shipment" means it's waiting for some guy to walk over and put "your" phone onto a truck. I think it means the order for a phone was approved and sent to shipping, where it goes into a queue. As phones are put into inventory, orders are in the queue are fufilled, one by one. It also seems like the status page is lagging behind actual shipping for some people.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be unhappy, you're entitled to that if you want to be, but I don't think anyone over at HS is sitting around ignoring orders. I'm guessing they're swamped with right now. Which is cool! More orders = Successful product = More support and more cool products!
    Originally posted by IanL
    However, I don't think "Awaiting Shipment" means it's waiting for some guy to walk over and put "your" phone onto a truck. I think it means the order for a phone was approved and sent to shipping, where it goes into a queue. As phones are put into inventory, orders are in the queue are fufilled, one by one. It also seems like the status page is lagging behind actual shipping for some people.
    Thats true, but when I see people who ordered after me getting their phones shipped before mine, it makes me a little antsy. I'm willing to put up with a slight delay, but sitting in 'awaiting shipment' for almost 2 days is a bit excessive in my opinion. An order goes down to fulfillment warehouse, if should be sent in 2 business days tops if the items are in stock. And we know the items are there, as they have been shipping them out to other people.

I'm just sitting in class bored, phoneless, and needing to vent.
    Deacon
    T700p <-- 600
  20. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Deacon
    I'm steaming hot now.

Ordered 10/9 around 1pm EST.

I ordered about an hour before you, and am in the same boat. Sure, I'd love to have my Treo, too, by now... but really, the online order system did tell me that there might be a delay of a week when I put the order in. Did you not see that?

I've been in awaiting shipment since early yesterday. I figured it would go out yesterday, but it didn't. I called HS this morning, and the rep told me since it was awaiting shipment, it would definetly be going out on the '4 O'Clock truck'. Well its 7:27 EST now (4:27 Pacific time) and the order status still shows 'AWAITING SHIPMENT'.
    Yup, same here, and my hope is that -- as some people report -- the web order status is simply not up to date.

What the h*ll is going on at handspring.
    They are busy, I'd guess/hope. All of us constantly calling them and asking for a status update probably isn't going to make things faster. Actually, I haven't called them for that exact reason.

Deacon
    So sue'em ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oliver