Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by GregC
    Whooo Hooo!!! Finally, well almost....My order status from Order Received to Aproving Credit Card and then Credit Card Approved. FYI I'm shipping the phone to my office where my shipping address is different than my billing address. I ordered the Treo 600 on the 9th at around 1pm. I guess others are having the same luck too!!

I can't wait!
    same here.. called the CSR at Handspring, the order is being processed today and should be at my office on Wednesday/Thursday.

-chiru
    I called my order via telephone on Wednesday at 7:00PM. I received a call back from the CSR that night at 8:50PM as she forgot to ask for my treo 270 serial number. My order did not enter the Handspring system until Thursday at 9:35AM. Even though I thought I ordered in time to make the first wave before the backorders, somehow things got messed up and it is hard to get the answer why it took over 12 hours for my order to get enterred. I am not getting any email notifications either as whomever enterred my order did not key that info in which I 100% remember spelling out for the telephone CSR. I think it would have been better for me to order their the upgrade on the web. My order finally went for ORDER RECEIVED to CC APPROVED tonight.
    Order Date:
    10/10/2003 07:44:05 AM

Order Status:
    Approving Credit Card
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Order Date:
    10/09/2003 01:15:11 PM

Order Status:
    Credit Card Approved

WOOHOO!! Hopefully it will ship by tomorrow.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Ordered: 10/11/03
    I called Handspring and they said I should get it next Monday or Tuesday since I got overnight.
    Originally posted by Deacon
    Order Date:
    10/09/2003 01:15:11 PM

Order Status:
    Credit Card Approved

WOOHOO!! Hopefully it will ship by tomorrow.
    ME: Order date:
    10/08/2003 09:30 PM

Order Status:
    Delivered this morning (Saver shipping, too)
    Last edited by jeffersonh1; 10/14/2003 at 06:41 AM.
    Originally posted by csherman
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but I am not about to read through 193 posts! Does it appear to make a difference as to how the order was placed -- web or telephone?

Thanks!
    Strange, but when I called up Handspring to place my order last Friday, he suggesed I use the website to order. He said it would probably be faster. He also clearly didn't want to explain why. I was left wondering whether or not he was a) being lazy, b) trying to reduce phone traffic, or c) hinting that the automatic processing on the website was faster.

None of it really made sense to me.
    just checked the status for the 600 I ordered Thursday evening.. around 7 or 8 pm... since the last few hours the status has gone from order received to credit card approved. so supposedly that means the phone is getting packaged up and awaiting a tracking # before putting in the pile for fed-ex to get on their next pickup... which hopefully will be in the morning.
    Order Date:
    10/10/2003 07:44:05 AM

Order Status:
    Credit Card Approved
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I ordered mine last Wednesday night at about 11 PM and it arrived today. I opted to pay the $6 extra for overnight shipping otherwise I guess it would have come tomorrow.

Anyway, everything is beautiful! GREAT product and I'm already fluent with the new "D" button. It really does provide a good one-handed experience.

I do miss a couple of the hacks I had before -- in particular, Correct Hack and KeyCapsHack. I definitely need to find replacements for both of them.

Other than that, everything about the 600 is superior to the 300. The new Favorites screen is great! Love the fact that you can now assign Hot Keys. That fact replaces another favorite hack, Easy Launch, quite well. I wish you could make Favorites the initial screen like it was with the 300 (anyone know how?), but it is only 1 key away.

Another nice new feature is the Security option that lets you lock the whole device after a preset period of time. This was a very good feature of the Blackberry and it's now in the Treo. I'm a paranoid guy and knowing that at least may data is safe if I lose the box is a relief. I encourage everyone to use it!!!

Finally, the upgrade is not smooth at all. Of course you need to synch the 300 first and then install the new 600 synch software. the 600 software attempts to recognize the "bad" applications and pu them in quarantine. However, this process is very flawed. It recognized a bunch of apps that actually do work on OS5 and completely ignored a host that do not -- most notably hacks and PQAs. After a very intensive cleansing process, I finally got everything working properly. The good thing is that all my contacts, calendar, to do list, etc synch'd flawlessly.

I would recommend that you delete the hacks and PQAs that you KNOW won't work with the 600 from your backup directory before you do the initial synch. That will save you a lot of time. Also, if you have a file called "MIDI Ring Tones", delete that too or you won't have any of the built-in tones available.

OK, now I have done all that and the 600 is working GREAT!!!

Just wish that Sprint had Business Connection up too. However, this gives me the opportunity to check out the competition. Right now, I'm reviewing the Treo Mail replacement, Visto (which has a 30 day trial). It seems to work very well and it's push email is pretty smooth and fast. It doen't have my dream synchronization with the folders, calendar or contacts, but it does have a pretty good interface. It is not nearly as fast as BC at reconizing the changes plam-side changes on the pc-side. Guess they don't have a very quick server yet.

Anyway, I hope there is something in all of this that helps you...

Enjoy your new T500!
    TL
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Oh, one more thing...

I LOVE the fact that Handspring kept the accessory plug the same as the other Treos, but they DID change the cradle. I tried to slap the 600 down into my old 300 cradle and there is no way to get it in. I bought two of the damn things -- maybe that will be an incentive for buyers on eBay!

That's my only major criticism of the 600.

TL
    Originally posted by Bomeyer

Getting closer!!

Ordered 10/09/03 05:07:10 PM

Gone from Order Received to Approving Credit Card
    Checked it this a.m. and now gone from Approving Credit Card to "Failed Order"

WTFO?!?

Gotta call em first thing. It was a phone order...maybe they wrote down the number wrong or something...I know the CC is OK. Should have done it via the web...
    Order Date:
    10/10/2003 02:50:54 AM

Order Status:
    Awaiting Shipment

Maybe it will ship today???

Hey guys, those of you that have your 600, how long did your order stay in the Awaiting Shipment status?

Thanks!

Tina
    I Got Failed Order too which is strange since yesterday it said credit card approved.

Of course, there is no legend item that say what "Failed Order" means, there is just about everything else in there thou. Arg. Will report back after I give them a call at 8am.

L
    I see my CC got charged (or is pending to be charged). So maybe its something else?
    I awoke this morning to two e-mails from Handspring confirming shipment -- of just the stereo adapter, no phone!

As another poster mentioned, apparently the order actually shipped yesterday afternoon, but the Handspring system didn't send the confirming e-mail until early this morning.

For those of you trying to gauge your own schedules:

10/9 6:51 a.m. -- placed order on web
    10/10 4:50 p.m. -- HS Site = Order Received to Awaiting Shipment

--- went all weekend "Awaiting Shipment" ---
    (refresh, refresh, refresh . . .)

10/14 5:28 a.m. -- Received e-mail saying the stereo adapter shipped; status on HS site changed from Awaiting Shipment to Partially Shipped and the line for the 600 says "Backordered".

Hopefully this will be a very short-lived situation, but I have a business trip starting tonight and, when I got the e-mails this morning, I was really excited thinking I would get to take the 600 with me. Huge let-down! I'm so glad that HS decided it was critical to "overnight" my stereo adapter, which will provide me endless pleasure without my phone.
    "Your call is important to us" -- hm, why do they say that when they make you wait 15minutes on hold (so far)? It obviously isn't that important to them!

I'm going back to two cans and a string.

Whew. Update. OK. Spoke with Alishia, she tells me that all orders that have been idle for 5 days are put in a failed mode. She was just told about it two seconds ago. She said she was told to take folks numbers down and that someone from Sprint would call back with an explaination and more info. W00t. Still don't have my freakin phone.

Order Date: 10/09/2003 10:02:08 AM

L
    Yesterday, my order status went from "Order Received" to "Credit Card Approved"

This morning, when I checked to see if it had shipped, my status had changed to "Failed Order"

I just got off the phone with a HS CSR who couldn't tell me why the order failed?! She said that it wasn't a problem with the credit card and that she'd have to "research" the problem.

This was a web order and I used a s/n purchased from another forum member (I'm hoping that there's not a problem w/ the s/n I bought).

Why must HS torture me so?
    Originally posted by treonyc

Whew. Update. OK. Spoke with Alishia, she tells me that all orders that have been idle for 5 days are put in a failed mode. She was just told about it two seconds ago. She said she was told to take folks numbers down and that someone from Sprint would call back with an explaination and more info. W00t. Still don't have my freakin phone.

Order Date: 10/09/2003 10:02:08 AM

L
    Interesting. I was planning on ordering today at noon after I run to the lazy bank folks who take any holiday to get a day off. It shouldn't even be a federal holiday. But I digress. Let me know what happens. Could it be HS has turned to Sprint for supplying phones and/or convinced Sprint to allow us to have some sort of discount with our Treo 300 serial #'s?
    Following up on my previous post on my "Backordered" 600, I called HS CS and, after waiting for 30 minutes, was told that "Backordered" doesn't really mean backordered. There was some sort of processing change last night that put them in as Backordered even though they have units in the warehouse.

My question is, if they are in the warehouse and they can ship my stereo adapter made for the 600, then why couldn't they have shipped my phone as well? Also, the whole thing seems stupid -- why would they waste the money to send me a stereo adopter for a phone they aren't sending?