1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to use the Xiino browser on the Treo 600? I know the Blazer browser is a big improvement over previous versions, however I am curious to know if Xiino will work on the Treo 600.
    Xiino does not work on OS 5 devices. We haven't seen an update from them for a year after OS5 devices have been out, so I think we're stuck with Blazer 3.0.
    There's always EudoraWeb that comes with Eudora.

Ugly, but it works, and it directly connects rather than using the Sprint Vision proxy that Blazer has.
    Originally posted by selicade
    There's always EudoraWeb that comes with Eudora.

Ugly, but it works, and it directly connects rather than using the Sprint Vision proxy that Blazer has.
    I believe Blazer 3.0 is proxy-less...
    Originally posted by mansouan

I believe Blazer 3.0 is proxy-less...
    It is proxyless to the extent that it's not forced to use Handspring's Blazer proxy like the old version. However, if you check your web server log, you'll see that the browser is using a sort of Vision proxy just as all the cheap phones do (68.28.59.10x). Ever notice how if you were hooked to your laptop with your phone, http://vision.sprintpcs.com/ never worked? That's because you were using the service directly and not through that special server.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I never used the Browser that came with my tungsten, but can I use it now? I think it is Web Pro or something like that.

thanks!
    Xiino crashes my Treo 600.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  8.    #8  
    Anyone get any info about the Xiino browser being updated to work under Palm OS5? I sent an email to the Xiino makers but have not received a reply yet.
    Last edited by stevecccc; 10/24/2003 at 10:20 AM.
    Someone posted that iLinx is considering an OS5 version. It's about time.