1.    #1  
    I want to try out the kinoma player...but have been unable to download any from apples qucktime site...anyone know of other sites?
    Otherwise its awesome!
  2. Daz
    Go to Kinoma.com Sony has a web page link to download movie clips. They're old, but you'll like them.
    Eh, I don't know if Jiggy will like them that much on the Treo. I know him and he's coming from the world of Clies and high-res Zires. I was a little concerned he might not like the screen. I'd like to hear how you like the screens supposed brightness and outdoor readability vs. the resolution you had before.

Jiggy, I also bought myself a Treo 600 via the Handspring upgrade program. That will likely get me to the price point I was looking for. Also, feel free to "pm" me so I don't have to go off topic of these threads.
  4. Daz
    jiggy, Kinoma worked on my Treo 300, of course the res was low, but still to see a clip or trailer on my phone was really cool.

If the sound is better on the treo 600, then record your own movies or clips and use the Kinoma Producer to convert/sync.

Best of luck!
    about video on the Treo 600. I tried Kimona player with the Spiderman trailer the other night and it looked absolutely terrible. The video frame rate was great and the video was smooth (thanks to the ARM processor), but the 160x160 resolution and the 12-bit color really ruined the viewing experience.

It was watchable, but barely
    Last edited by rventuri; 10/09/2003 at 12:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What about mmplayer? Does that work?
    Originally posted by rventuri
    about video on the Treo 600. I tried Kimona player with the Spiderman trailer the other night and it looked absolutely terrible. The video frame rate was great and the video was smooth (thanks to the ARM processor), but the 160x160 resolution and the 12-bit color really ruined the viewing experience.

It was watchable, but barely
    Maybe it's getting Multimedia to work on my Treo at all, but I thought it was WOW when I downloaded and ran Spiderman and XXX! I didn't expect it to look picture perfect so I wasn't dissappointed.

Question, are there anymore sites for Kimona, and where do you find clips for MMPlayer, having no luck.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8. Daz
    My Treo 600 is loaded with kinoma movies and music videos!!!!!
    You have to have Kinoma Player's latest update and Kinoma Producer 2 for any content to look and sound much better!!

ncoday.com has alot of palm downloads for your taste. Keep in mind the site was ment for Clie formats and Hi res downloads. But if you click on all his MQV downloads and "save to your harddrive" then drag file into kinoma producer 2 it will convert the avi, mpeg, music video selected, into content viewable on Treo 600.

You must have Kinoma 2 and it set to Treo 600 setting for the best sound and video.

I
    Thanks Daz!

It never ceases to amaze me to the knowledge of folks on this forum. Now I'm gonna try it!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I am working on converting my collection of Kinoma Movie Trailers for the Treo 600. I currently have 8 of the 56 trailers converted.

160x160 Kinoma Movie Trailers

The aspect ratio of the original trailer has been modified. Thus, the video will be stretched slightly in the vertical direction. From the only user that responded, it was better to have the stretched video at 160 x 120 than the original video at 160 x 72.

Suggestions and feedback welcome.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Originally posted by lwehrung
    I am working on converting my collection of Kinoma Movie Trailers for the Treo 600. I currently have 8 of the 56 trailers converted.

160x160 Kinoma Movie Trailers

The aspect ratio of the original trailer has been modified. Thus, the video will be stretched slightly in the vertical direction. From the only user that responded, it was better to have the stretched video at 160 x 120 than the original video at 160 x 72.

Suggestions and feedback welcome.

Thanks,
    Lance
    That would be so cool. If possible, could you do:
    1. Finding Nemo
    2. Pirates of the Carribean
    3. Barbershop 2
    4. Mission Impossible 2

Thanks

P.S. Are you gonna post the conversion links here?

Originally posted by GeekyMom
    That would be so cool. If possible, could you do:
    1. Finding Nemo
    2. Pirates of the Carribean
    3. Barbershop 2
    4. Mission Impossible 2

Thanks

P.S. Are you gonna post the conversion links here?
    Thanks for the feedback. I cannot promise anything, but I hope to have all the trailers converted within the next couple of days. I will start with the ones you mentioned.

The links will be on my Kinoma Movies Page.

Thanks,
    Lance
    That would be great! THANKS.

Originally posted by GeekyMom
    That would be great! THANKS.
    You got it. They are out there for you to download. Have a great evening!

Take care,
    Lance
    I fixed the broken links for the trailers I uploaded yesterday. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kinoma Movies Page

Please let me know if you have problems, now or in the future.

Thanks,
    Lance