1.    #1  
    Most of this has been covered, but I thought I would write for those who are interested.

Screen
    Very bright (2-3x brighter that 300). Readable in direct Sun light. The only disappoint is pictures still look a little grainy.

Keyboard
    Most likely, your first impression will not be a positive one. After reading all the posts in this forum & the emails from Handspring, I thought the keyboard was going to ROCK from the first moment I touched it. That wasn’t the case… it took me 10-15 minutes of playing with the phone before I started feeling comfortable & 2-3 hours to win me over where I actually really like it. Be patient, it grows on you.

D-pad Navigation
    By far the BEST feature about the phone. I think I have only used my stylist twice in the 7-8 hours of playing with the phone non-stop. Calendar, phone, web, address book, to-do’s, games (yes Klondike and zap!2016), preferences, memo, etc. all have function very intuitively with the D-pad.

External Speaker
    Early reviewers raved about how wonderful it was & it DOES live up to its reputation. Probably one of the best external speakers I have heard.

Applications that come w/ the phone.
    Calc, Calendar, Card Info (for memory cards), CityTime, Documents to Go Viewer, Get BC (mail client for SprintPCS… currently not available so you are unable to download), HotSys, Klondike, Memo, Pad, Phone, Picture, Memo Pad, Prefs, pTunes (you are able to download after you register), Security, SMS, Software (a web link to software downloads), To Do List, Tutorial, Web, Welcome, Zap!2016.

Battery Life
    Awesome. I played with the phone 7-8 hours and still had 2 bars. Made dozens of calls (probably 3 hours worth).

MP3 Player
    I have found that pTunes is an excellent MP3 player and works w/ the D-pad. As stated above the external speaker is excellent so playing music thru it wasn’t bad. Do get me wrong… you are still going to want to use head phones (which is where the music really shines). I got an adapter from Radio shack & it works fine. No skipping when using other apps or switching between them.

Web Browser
    In a side by side comparison w/ my 300, the Treo 600 brought up pages faster or in an equal amount of time. Tough there is no proxy, my guess is that the faster processor really helps the speed to render & bring up pages. The D-pad works awesome with the browser. One thing to remember is to use the “space” bar to get to the bottom nav screen. This is where the book marks and back arrow is. Otherwise you will find yourself getting frustrated with going thru all the links on a web page just to get to the navigation bar on the browser.

Camera
    So much has been said here… hmmm, my impression is it’s a descent FUN camera. It works good out-doors and poor in-doors (low light situations). If you think of it as a fun camera to send picture mails to another phone user, you won’t be disappointed.

Wish List
    Bluetooth SD card asap. The screen works for me (brightness). Only viewing pictures is a little disappointing.

Biggest disappointment
    Believe it or not, it is an application disappointment. I really wish the Calendar app had been upgraded to show a simple & well formatted list of calendar entries and To Do list like the Calendar application on the Tungsten Ts. I know 3rd party apps support this functionality, but they don’t support the D-pad.

Over-all Impression
    On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give the Treo a strong 4
    Roger
    Great review/impression. Making me want mine that much more.
    Originally posted by RLewis
    [
    External Speaker
    Early reviewers raved about how wonderful it was & it DOES live up to its reputation. Probably one of the best external speakers I have heard.

[
    Over-all Impression
    On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give the Tro a strong 4 [/B]
    Have you heard the speaker phone from a Sanyo 4900? How does the 600 compare? I thought the 4900 has the best speaker phone of any cell phone out there. It is both loud and clear. I hope the 600 will be even better.
    I think HS should take note of the feedback posted at TC concerning the screen.

The predominate positive comment is "it's a lot brighter" ... big deal. The screen on the Treo 300 was plenty bright enough IMO. And while it is better outdoors than the T600, it still isn't great.

I think HS missed big time on the screen. I for one would have sacraficed a little bit of battery life and been willing to pay more for a real hi-res screen. I can't imagine it would degrade battery life that much.
    While I agree that a high res screen would have been nice, this particular topic has been beaten to death. When the design decisions were made for the Treo 600 the 160x160 screen was the best combination of cost and battery life. Handspring has said that a 320x320 screen would have decreased the battery life by 35% which I think is more than a little for something that is supposed to be a phone first and a PDA second.

If this is such a problem the Samsung SGH-i500 is rumored to have a 320x320ish screen and will show up in 2004. Or not.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by newtreouser

Have you heard the speaker phone from a Sanyo 4900? How does the 600 compare? I
    Have not heard the Sanyo 4900... I think you will not be disappointed though.
    Roger
    I think the above review is dead on. I have the exact same first impression of my T600. The only thing I would add is how great the new shape and feel of the device is. They REALLY nailed the form factor.