1.    #1  
    For those of you who got your Treo 600's and still have a live Treo 300 to compare it to, can you please let me know how the reception compares? Please don't go by the signal strength bars, as those are not really accurate. Instead, try using both phones in a fringe area or spot where you can't get a signal on one and see if you can get a signal on the other. Thanks,

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I hear what you are saying about the bars not being accurate. I've been calling people with perfect reception with 0 bars. The only place in Boston that I can't use my T300 is in the subway, so I guess I will be little help to you when I get the T600 in a couple of days.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    The only place in Boston that I can't use my T300 is in the subway, so I guess I will be little help to you when I get the T600 in a couple of days.
    But don't you use the subway? Surely you'll want to juggle two expensive PDA-phones in Boston's subway for my benefit?

Scott
  4.    #4  
    Bumping this one too. Inquiring minds want to know.

Scott
  5.    #5  
    Bumping again. Surely by now someone can answer this.

Scott
    Hehe. Threads drop in the list quickly nowadays. Ok, here's a test. On the elevator at my workplace, the 300 used to blink red when the doors closed. The 600 maintains a green flashing LED the whole time. (!!)
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Bumping again. Surely by now someone can answer this.

Scott
    Ok, a scientific question deserves a scientific answer. I just took my new Treo 600 into the restroom at my workplace. I happen to know that when standing at the last urinal my original Treo 300 would lose signal everytime (and emit a weak beep).

The Treo 600 never lost signal
  8.    #8  
    OK, this is great news. Keep 'em coming. Right now my Treo 300 just barely can get a signal inside of my house if I stand in just the right spot. If I could get a signal inside my house with the Treo 600, it could change the way I use it. Of course, I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to disconnect my landline just yet.

Scott
    My Treo300 could only get a signal in the living room and kitchen of my house. It could never get a signal in the basement of my 40+ story office building, nor in the 1st level of the parking garage.

My new Treo600 has a good reception in all of these locations. I haven't tried it in the elevator yet, but I suspect I won't drop calls anymore.

myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    My Treo 300 would drop signal as soon as I pass from the second floor of my building to the first and pick back up on the gound floor parking garage...

My 600 never missed a beat!

Another measure is entering and exiting the subway tunnels. With the 300, I'd have to wait until the train was a few train lengths from the portals to get a signal. Now, I can get a signal slightly BEFORE getting to the elevated segments.
    Originally posted by stuartr

Ok, a scientific question deserves a scientific answer. I just took my new Treo 600 into the restroom at my workplace. I happen to know that when standing at the last urinal my original Treo 300 would lose signal everytime (and emit a weak beep).

The Treo 600 never lost signal
    ROFLMAO (not in the bathroom however)
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    my 600 consistently has 2 bars of more reception than my 300...at time it consistently has 3 more bars....mostly always 2 more though
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    My 300 would only work in my office (23rd floor in Downtown Cincinnati) if I stood in one area of the office, which made the phone practically useless during the day. The 600 is coming through with crystal clear reception. The difference, at least for me, has been night and day.
    the debug code on both the 300 & 600 to check RSSI values. There's a thread that I was very interested in with the subject "RF Performance 600 vs. 300." Very encouraging reading.
    I don't pay much attention to the signal bars but I can tell you that my T600 doesn't lose a signal the whole way down to San Diego from LA on Amtrak. Passing through camp pendleton, my 300 would be out of range for up to 10 minutes.

Another way point is in the elevator at work. Not even my trusty Verizon startac can hold a call going from ground level to the seventh floor (which is the top). My Treo600 did it the other day, fading in and out in between floors but never dropping the call.

I am very pleased with this device overall.
    My signal also seems better. It's hard to quantify how much better, but the only time I've gotten a weak signal or no signal so far was a mysterious moment at work, where I usually get max signal. Suddenly, I was roaming. That lasted about 10 minutes a couple of days ago. I doubt it was a phone issue.
    To me the 600 seems a little worse than the 300.
    I used to get dropped calls in some rooms in my house with my Treo 300. I don't get any dropped calls with my Treo 600.

Southwestern Bell may have lost a land line!!