Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by Wirelessness
    It is not just the quality of the player to consider but also the headset. I good quality stereo headset will make a big differance. I have not been able to test my 600 yet because I need the adapter.
    I agree with you that the quality of sound is only going to be as good as the worst component you're using, so decent headphones are necessary for good audio. But the point of my question is that even with identical headphones, an iPod, various PPCs, and various Palm OS devices, will all have different levels of audio quality, and I wanted to know how the Treo 600 stacked up against those.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by AdamK

Check out his website and see if you find something that works for you:
    http://www.fixup.net/

Adam
    neat site, and products, but a little steep, although very cool.

I think I'll just go buy some new adapters for the ride.
    Does anybody know the model number of the adapter from Radio Shack that fits the Treo 600?

I want to know exactly what to get when I go in the store.
    hi, i tried to call skullcandy to get a clarification about their headphones. the last posting they made, (that I saw), did not answer the ? if they have 1 plug on the headphones for the t600 or two as shown for other treo's they were closed for the col. day holiday and I will try again today, tues, 14th of oct. take care, jay
    I noticed something today that made me happy. When I would go to plug my cassette adapter in, i could hear it, then it would switch back... hmm... so after a couple of extensions, it worked on the drive to work. It's like it wasn't plugged in all the way, where it switches right/left, but all the way in would mute. So I kind of dont plug it all the way, so it will.. UGH... at least I have a partial fix.

I still am using my regular earbuds from my mp3 player... ahhh so nice. Did cardio this morning, while listening to mp3's, and reading the news Who needs a tv?
    So we have figured out that some powered devices pluged into the treo600 don't work, unless you play with them and only plug them in half way... So it has something to do with the resistance or the Ohm of the thing being pluged in. Has anyone figured out how to get around this, other then to pull the jack half way out and fiddle with it!?!

Mobile_Bob
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    hi, i tried to call skullcandy to get a clarification about their headphones. the last posting they made, (that I saw), did not answer the ? if they have 1 plug on the headphones for the t600 or two as shown for other treo's they were closed for the col. day holiday and I will try again today, tues, 14th of oct. take care, jay
    There is a thread about the one plug skullcandy version already... so far they do not have one that is compatible, but if there is enough interest they will consider making one apparently. Try voting in this thread to help them gauge interest. The more people who inquire about them developing an all-in-one headset solution, the better our chances. The problem though is that if they do create one, it will ONLY be compatible with this one device. So the cost to make it won't be worth it unless a lot of Treo 600 users actually buy it (or even know about it). The more people that let them know they want a stereo headphone/mic device that plugs directly into the phone the better.
    I am listening to my music using the Treo600 using the Radio Shack 274 373
    adapter (modified by removing the hard black shell). The audio sound is as good as my laptop's audio. I am using a very decent pair of portable headphones (px200). It sounds great. I get about 6 hours of music on a 512Mb SD card with enough room to add a couple of apps and backups. Music is 128 - 192Kb Mp3s. I do not think anyone needs to worry about the quality of music the 600 puts out... but they do need to think about what they are listening with headphone-wise. Most of the music I've played through the default player is at almost minimum volume (I haven't had a need to crank it up). The 600 audio playback suprised me

md
    p.s. I have no affiliation with anybody, chuckle, literally, as I am looking for work!
    I compared the same tracks and used the same headphones with the 600 and a Rio S35. I found the dynamics in the Rio much better (I was running the 600 eq completely flat).

I'm quite impressed with the MP3 player on the 600. Saying this, I would by the 600 primarily as a phone/PDA - the extras are exactly that, extras.
    www.gsmworld.com
  10.    #30  
    nzmoko, can you try optimizing the EQ on the Treo 600 and post your opinions?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12