1. MrH
    So does anyone have any idea yet as to how the Treo 600 will function as an "Always On" GPRS device?

I've been holding off on the hope that I can replace my current BlackBerry 950 / SE T616 with a data plan on Rogers and be paying the same price but getting way more functionality.

I am used to getting my email delivered regularly via the BlackBerry on the Mobitex network, every 5 mins works for me...however after seeing the hassle of the GPRS email connection on the T616 I am curious if anyone would have any feedback.

Thanks in advance to all that reply!

M@
  2. MrH
    So no one has any idea as to how well it will perform with GPRS and scheduled mail pickups??

TTT
    Originally posted by MrH
    So no one has any idea as to how well it will perform with GPRS and scheduled mail pickups??
    I don't know how the e-mail app works on the Treo, but I doubt it can match the Blackberry's e-mail functionality. I have a Blackberry working over GPRS on T-Mobile, and it doesn't even have to check every 5 minutes for e-mail. The Blackberry push sytem sends it instantly to the Blackberry. Now I am assuming that you can set up the Treo to check at intervals for new mail, but I haven't tried one yet. The Treo will destroy the Blackberry in organizer and web browsing capability.
    There is software available that will provide the same functionality - GoodLink is one brand that will work just like the blackberry, but it is a financial investment that must be made to get the server software.
  5. MrH
    Originally posted by jayem
    There is software available that will provide the same functionality - GoodLink is one brand that will work just like the blackberry, but it is a financial investment that must be made to get the server software.
    Ok but is there software that will allow similar functionality however without the backend enterprise level software.

I don't need 'instant' but every 5 to 10 mins would be fine for me.

M@