1.    #1  
    As I wait for my 600 to come from Handspring, I'm wondering about the following and would appreciate it if anyone out there has an answer:

1) Regarding PQA's...does the 600 need the additional files installed to use web clipping apps like the 300 did?

2) Regarding SMS...does the 600 need Treo300SM (pda apps) to send and receive SMS? Do I even need Treo300SM if I have bought Verichat?

Thanks!
    I don't know the answer to the SMS question, but I can tell you that PQAs do not work under OS5. You don't want to get me started on that rant.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Hey firstbeat, your local neighbor here in Santa Clarita.
    You won't be able to use web clippings on the treo 600 as OS 5 will not support them.
    As far as I understand, the Sprint version will require treo300sms until they implement their system upgrade to support 2 way sms.

Later

Greg
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Painful news on the PQA front! I had no idea (and I try to stay up on the board)!

Thanks for your reply Greg. Hope all is well with you!
    so PQAs will NEVER work on the Treo600?
    Carl
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Currently there is an SMS application built into the Sprint Treo 600 but it is not active for use until Sprint implements MO-SMS in the next month or two. (if you send a sms using this app. you just get a text message back stating that the service is not active yet and you will receive a text message when it is) For SMS right now on the Sprint Treo 600 you have to use Sprint Short Mail through the web browser to send and look at incoming sms messages.

Keith
    Hi all I see you're from Santa Clarita. I am too. I work for Sprint at the SPCS store next to Black Angus. If you every have any problems or questions feel free to call or drop by. I work Friday-Sunday every week and am an avid Treo user. I know that we're getting 2 Treo 600's in stock today and one is reserved already for someone. That leaves one more available for sale. If either of you wants it just call the store at 661-284-3635 and ask to reserve the Treo 600 and that Danny told you about it. I'm not sure when we'll get more in...but hopefully soon.
    Originally posted by angrytaxman
    Hi all I see you're from Santa Clarita. I am too. I work for Sprint at the SPCS store next to Black Angus. If you every have any problems or questions feel free to call or drop by. I work Friday-Sunday every week and am an avid Treo user. I know that we're getting 2 Treo 600's in stock today and one is reserved already for someone. That leaves one more available for sale. If either of you wants it just call the store at 661-284-3635 and ask to reserve the Treo 600 and that Danny told you about it. I'm not sure when we'll get more in...but hopefully soon.
    That's interesting and thanks for the offer.
    Now I'll explain my experience @ your store last night.
    Walked in at 730pm and stood there for 10 mins waiting for someone to at least say hello but no, one guy was bull****ting with his friend that was playing with a phone and another guy was messing around with the computer. I couldn't get either of their attentions and so I walked out! Guess they weren't interested in making a $500 sale!
    So there is a slim to zero chance that I will ever walk into your store again!
    Last edited by millerhifi; 10/09/2003 at 11:18 AM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    so PQAs will NEVER work on the Treo600?
    Not unless PalmSource realizes they screwed up by dropping support for it and resurrect the code. PQAs are/were a great idea. So was WeSync, another technology Palm dropped.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi

That's interesting and thanks for the offer.
    Now I'll explain my experience @ your store last night.
    Walked in at 730pm and stood there for 10 mins waiting for someone to at least say hello but no, one guy was bull****ting with his friend that was playing with a phone and another guy was messing around with the computer. I couldn't get either of their attentions and so I walked out! Guess they weren't interested in making a $500 sale!
    So there is a slim to zero chance that I will ever walk into your store again!
    I'm guessing asking someone for help was out of the question?! Much easier i guess. Show Sprint how you REALLY feel and go GSM/GPRS!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    CDMA vs. GSM? I wish people would just really study on technologies. I've been a Sprint customer a long while. Sprint is not perfect. Verizon is the only carrier that I would consider switching to because it's CDMA. Does that tell you something? CDMA is the better technology people. It's true GSM is worldwide, because it came out first. But then came CDMA - American born technology. Don't even ask me why it's better. It's better because it is now slowly gaining ground on GSM. Now when Verizon gets their act together and be more competitive in pricing and hardware, then I'll switch carriers. But , mark my words, CDMA will be worldwide in five years.
    This old argument again?

GSM is better! No it isn't! Yes it is! ...
    oh i'm so confused...........

I just want this phone, lost my head. Didn't mean to push my opinions on anybody.