1.    #1  
    I'm currently a SPRINT customer and I want to purchase a TREO 600. I do not own a previous TREO model. I own a regular SPRINT LG 5250 phone (and a Handspring Visor Deluxe). I've waited SO LONG for a smartphone that met my standards and the TREO 600 is it. I want to compare notes with other non-TREO owners wishing to get a good deal on the TREO 600. Here is what happened when I called the "888" service number:

-Customer rep thought I wanted existing deals for SPRINT phones overall
    -He then realized I said TREO 600 and he knew nothing about it (yeah right!)
    -Repeated the phrase "TREO 600" again and he then pulled up his inventory (couldn't believe no one told him about it)
    -I told him it was $599 retail (thanks to this board) and he confirmed the price
    -He said that exisitng customers had a "trade-in" deal for their exiting phone
    - He told me to visit a SPRINT store to see what they could do
    -He also gave a VAGUE hint to visit the HANDSPRING website to see wht they had to offer (hint, hint).

Any other updates from non-TREO, soon to be SPRINT TREO owners?

I want to order mine next Monday from the SPRINT store, but I'm not paying $599....
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    It looks like the only way non-treo 300 owners are getting rebates is by extending their contracts. 100 for one year 150 for two. Don't sign the two year unless you are REALLY hurting for 50 bucks. There's going to be a lot of good deals here really soon.

I'm with you, but my 5250 has a cracked screen and I can't wait for the price to come down.
    Originally posted by FreddieJ
    I'm currently a SPRINT customer and I want to purchase a TREO 600. I do not own a previous TREO model. I own a regular SPRINT LG 5250 phone (and a Handspring Visor Deluxe). I've waited SO LONG for a smartphone that met my standards and the TREO 600 is it. I want to compare notes with other non-TREO owners wishing to get a good deal on the TREO 600. Here is what happened when I called the "888" service number:

-Customer rep thought I wanted existing deals for SPRINT phones overall
    -He then realized I said TREO 600 and he knew nothing about it (yeah right!)
    -Repeated the phrase "TREO 600" again and he then pulled up his inventory (couldn't believe no one told him about it)
    -I told him it was $599 retail (thanks to this board) and he confirmed the price
    -He said that exisitng customers had a "trade-in" deal for their exiting phone
    - He told me to visit a SPRINT store to see what they could do
    -He also gave a VAGUE hint to visit the HANDSPRING website to see wht they had to offer (hint, hint).

Any other updates from non-TREO, soon to be SPRINT TREO owners?

I want to order mine next Monday from the SPRINT store, but I'm not paying $599....
    FreddieJ

Find someone who has a Treo 180, 270 or 300 that does not intend to upgrade. Have them sell you thier Treo for fifty-cent (Pun intended). Call Hansping and take advantage of their $399 upgrade offer. Then sell the phone back to your freind who does not intend to upgrade for fifty-two sense.

Extend your contract with Sprint for two years and they will give you a $150 credit. Your total investment will be $250 for a new Treo 600.

Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah!!! You will also make two cents off your freind...if you know what eye mean...

Enjoy your new Treo 600!!!!!!

Cheers!
    Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich