View Poll Results: Did you receive the email notification from Handspring?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

38 90.48%
  • Yes

4 9.52%
  • Didn't sign up for it.

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Didn't HS tell us to sign up on their site and they would notify us when the 600 was released? Am I missing something here? I've been getting the Newsletter, but never the release notice.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    You're not missing anything(except maybe an e-mail). Why am I not surprised here? This whole rollout has been a huge fire drill. Can you imagine what the people that don't come here don't know?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by imageone
    Didn't HS tell us to sign up on their site and they would notify us when the 600 was released? Am I missing something here? I've been getting the Newsletter, but never the release notice.
    and it's TOO LATE to send it now HS, we have already missed out on the discount.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    yesy i got it but am waiting for the gsm e-mail

Dear Marc-Andre,

As promised, I wanted to personally contact you and let you know that we are now selling the exciting new Treo 600.

The Treo 600 smartphone is currently available with plans from Sprint. We expect that plans from Cingular Wireless and T-Mobile will be available within the next few weeks. We also expect to have service from AT&T Wireless available soon.

I will be calling you within the next few days to answer any questions you may have. If you prefer to contact me sooner, please feel free to call me directly at 1-888-565-9393 and ask for extension 20029. Please reference the source code T600CB when you call.

Thank you for your interest in our new Treo 600. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best regards,

Alicia

Handspring Sales Representative
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure they know I have a GSM device, and perhaps they're waiting to tell me when the GSM/GPRS version is available?
    Then again, that may have been a ball that got dropped during the PalmOne merger. Who knows? On the other hand, since what I've seen on this board seems more accurate than any of the carriers (and in some cases even more accurate than Handspring itself), who cares?
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Originally posted by imageone

and it's TOO LATE to send it now HS, we have already missed out on the discount.
    I am sure this is very annoying, but to be fair:

- "We" have been prying into Sprint's inner sanctums trying to get them to sell us this phone while they're saying it's not officially released yet. We were ecstatic that we were able to convince them to sell to us before it was really available.

- By many accounts, today was the real launch day at Sprint. For all we know, HS was waiting for the word from Sprint on the real release day. They were definitely not to start selling before Sprint does. Sprint's web site still doesn't say they are selling it. It says coming soon in the business section.

- Handspring has said (until they actually announced the upgrade) that they will provide an upgrade program. People could have waited for a real launch but those who didn't clearly didn't care enough about the HS deal to wait for it.
    Last edited by silverado; 10/08/2003 at 09:55 PM.