1.    #1  
    I among the many who was looking forward to the 600s voice recording capabilities. My freind is a high ranking executive for palm, and he has had a pre-production model of the 600 for 3 months now, his model has voicerecording capabilities so I was sure the production models would have the same capabilites. I spoke with him and he told me that this was one of the features that was squeezed out to reduce cost. He did not know if the actual hardware capabilites were taken out of the phone, so he could not rule out the possibility of a 3 party software solution. I personally can't beleive they would leave out a feature like a voicerecorder and let a wimpy(160x160) camera take priority instead. Oh well, i guess you can't make everyone happy, I personally would have paid an extra 50 or 60 bucks for the voice recording capabilities. I'm a student and I would kill to be able to record my boring professors(who speak martian) and be able to playback the entire lecture later and maybe even speed it up a little bit or seperate the track up into the different topics that they touch on. What would be even cooler, is if a buddy had a phone/recorder, and he went to early morning class for me, recorded the lecture in MP3, and then emailed it to me!!! All while I slept!! This would be an awseome tool for anyone in college or grad school. This could be useful for any snoozing businessmen who always miss the early morning sales meetings. Now I have to go out and buy an MP3 recorder, and for 50 or 60 bucks, you can't buy much!! I hope some nerd out there comes up with a software solution, Ill be the first one to buy it!! Does anyone know if this is a possibility?
    Audacity voice recorder repacement for Tungstens should be adaptable for Treos. Perhaps U should write them and start begging for support. http://www.pocketpyro.com/advr.htm
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Audacity voice recorder repacement for Tungstens should be adaptable for Treos. Perhaps U should write them and start begging for support. http://www.pocketpyro.com/advr.htm
    Those Audacity things are HARDWARE sleds that plug in to the base of the PDA. I think it goes without saying we all would rather have the voice recorder built into software.
    Originally posted by tarin0268
    wimpy(160x160) camera
    Not that I am defending the camera, as I have not yet seen it in action, and a number of posts in these boards criticise it, but the camera is 640x480, not 160x160. It is the display that is 160x160.
    Originally posted by Fofer

Those Audacity things are HARDWARE sleds that plug in to the base of the PDA. I think it goes without saying we all would rather have the voice recorder built into software.
    Actually not all of them are. Search on palmgear for audacity. They have a 99 dollar professional version, a 50 dollar basic version, and a 20 dollar personal version. However i don't think the Treo is currently supported.
  6.    #6  
    your right, 160 by 160 is a typo. it is 640x480. So, that would make the camera pathetic and sad, a couple of steps up from wimpy, sorry. I guess im just used to my 4megapixel camera.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I wrote to Audacity asking for Treo support -- this would make the Treo 600 even better!

Sorta good news from them:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest.

At the present time we are waiting for Handspring to fix a problem with
    their code. They have indicated that at some time in the future they will
    release new user upgradeable ROM code. Once they have done this we
    anticipate being able to have our application run on the Treo 600. We are
    expecting this to occur before the end of the year.
    I also would also like to get recording functionality onto my Treo 600 (it's not in hand yet, but hopefully soon now!). This is a standard feature of every PocketPC out there! And I also find the inclusion of the clumsy VGA digicam on the Treo baffling!