1.    #1  
    Hey

I got the tracking number but all day I have checked ups.com and got no results when plugging in the number? Has anyone else had this happen and when did it show up? How is spring shipping these??
    Originally posted by abdm436
    Hey

I got the tracking number but all day I have checked ups.com and got no results when plugging in the number? Has anyone else had this happen and when did it show up? How is spring shipping these??
    It takes at least a day for UPS to enter the tracking number in the system and for it to show up. You should see some tracking results tomorrow morning after the system is updated. This isn't a HS problem.
  3.    #3  
    I ordered from sprint...the order was placed yesterday at 5pm EST when should I recieve the device...
    Hey

Dang, how'd you even get your shipped so fast? They told me it would take at least a day to ship from warehouse, and another day to confirm account with Sprint! And I ordered mine at 5:30 EST.

When did you order? Which plan?
    I ordered from sprint...the order was placed yesterday at 5pm EST when should I recieve the device...
    Looks like you read my mind while I was typing.

Oh well, different ordering system entirely.
  6.    #6  
    I ordred yesterday (10/7) at 5pm EST and they told me it would ship within 3-5 days. This morning I called and they gave me a tracking number but all day I haven't found any tracking info. I was wondering when I would get it. When have people been getting them from sprint??
    I ordred yesterday (10/7) at 5pm EST and they told me it would ship within 3-5 days. This morning I called and they gave me a tracking number but all day I haven't found any tracking info. I was wondering when I would get it. When have people been getting them from sprint??
    Im in the same boat as you. As another member pointed out, it takes about a day to show up in the UPS system. Try again tomorrow morning.
  8.    #8  
    Do I have any chance of getting it tomorrow?
    The Sprint guy I ordered mine from gave me a tracking number, but warned me not to be surprised / worried if nothing showed up on UPS's system. He said I'd probably have to wait until they updated their systems which happens in the morning around 9am.

Sounds like you guys all are in the same boat...
  10.    #10  
    I guess we are all in the same boat here....the real questions is for the people who have gotten them already how long did it take to ship. Once you have a tracking number when did you get them?
    Large companys like HS will have special pickups from their shipping vendors. The tracking number is generated by Handspring when they final pack the unit for shipping, but UPS may not pick up the unit until much later that day. Sometimes with large companys like this late at night. The shipment may not be scanned into their (UPS) computers until sometime this evening or early morning. I would think that you should have a tracking number in the morning, and if it is overnight delivery, you should still receive it tomorrow.
  12.    #12  
    Anyone know if sprint has been shipping overnight when you order it through them??
    I ordered my through Handspring at around 7:30 tonight. I just checked the site and it already says that it is "Awaiting shipment". On the Handspring site it gave the option for overnight delivery so I jumped on it.
    My order was taken Monday evening around 10, I didnt get a tracking number until noon tuesday. The tracking number didnt show up until this morning on the ups website, and it was delivered today at 5:30 PM.

Good Luck and dont worry too much.
    Jeff
    I have ordered quite a few items from handspring, and usually receive them just as it finally shows up in tracking. I have even received them before I could track them in the system.
    Jim
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    Don't be surprise if your tracking number from sprint does not work.
    I ordered mine
    Tuesday around 11pm
    Wed got tracking number around 11 am
    Wed 9 pm tracking number still did not show up
    Thu 4am it is on its way and it says it will be delivered today.

I guess that ups picks up at the louisville warehouse around midnight (their time) and that's it. only one pick up a day.

they ship next day air
    andres
    All the Sprint order info is sent electronically to UPS. Looks like this is done very late evening/early morning. UPS is not picking up the units for shipment. UPS does fulfillment for Sprint. All of Sprint's phones are stored at a warehouse at UPS's Louisville air hub. When SPCS sends the releases to UPS, UPS picks the stock, packs it and it goes on a plane overnight.
    Carl