Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I ordered 2 car kits from them. No problem! Only problem is this echo and buzzing issue that they are trying to correct. Otherwise THB looks like they have some very cool products. In theory you should be able to buy an attachment for any other phone you own and then pop it in and go.
    Hi, I am going a different route for a number of reasons:

1. The car kit as illustrated will not let the igolf unit fit in it and then fit in the cradle since it seems to be cut out for the top portion of the phone, (in the shape of the treo 600). I ordered th igolf unit months ago, and it should ship this month, I hope. ( It is already over 2 months past it's release date.

2. I am using the same handsfree kit that I used with my treo 300, it is a boom mic/speaker that clips to the headreast of the car. the sound is very good and I did find out that the jack adpater I used for the treo 300, will work on the treo 600 all I had to do was the trim a bit of the black plastic from the jack adpter, the adpater is from siedo. In fact Siedo told me to do this that that is what the tech person I spoke to did on his for his treo 600!

3. There have been a number of comments on this site that the current desgn blocks the speaker at the back of the treo 600. So that it is hard to hear the person speaking to you.

The unit I am using has a speaker that is also attached to the headreast fo the car.

4. My big hold up is that pda pros has yet to get the portion of the bracket that at attahes to the treo 600 for it's windshield suction cup unit. I am getting tired of waiting and I will soon look to see if a universal unit will fit on the windshield bracket that I got for both of my cars for the treo 300! (Pda pros is not very good at answering emails, something I have nagged them about in the past)!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Just installed the Trendtalk 600 for the Treo600. Buzz's so load its practicly unusable!!! The only way I can reduce the noice is by touching and holding the Treo's antenna!! - Not something you want to do for too long!!

Anyone had similar experience, is a faulty unit???
    I also just got the Handspring branded Trendtalk kit for the GSM Treo600. The buzz makes it unusable in my opinion. When I discussed this with Handspring tech support, their level 2 response was that they all did this, did I want to return it. The guy I spoke with seemed to think the buzz problem only happened with the GSM units and would not happen with CDMA Treo600's, but I doubt it. I'm going to try THB-USA and see if they have anything more useful to add before I return the thing.
    Last edited by arkin; 01/21/2004 at 06:08 PM.
    I have been talking with THB... They are working on a solution. I will let you know when I here anything.
    Why would you spend over $20 when you can get this car kit from Radio Shack

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=17%2D899

The price is right and it seems almost the same as the 70$ version on http://www.seidioonline.com.

And the ear piece retracks.

Please explain the difference between the two. If I see correctly on the http://www.seidioonline.com device you need to plug in the charger and the ear piece. that is the same on the one from radio shack.

Thanks

paul
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just had Handspring/Palm swap my 600. After getting my new unit and installing the update from THB I am having very good results.
    Originally posted by pauleknight
    Why would you spend over $20 when you can get this car kit from Radio Shack

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=17%2D899

The price is right and it seems almost the same as the 70$ version on http://www.seidioonline.com.

And the ear piece retracks.

Please explain the difference between the two. If I see correctly on the http://www.seidioonline.com device you need to plug in the charger and the ear piece. that is the same on the one from radio shack.

Thanks

paul
    Well, after looking at the Seidio site a little more, here's what I found.
    You COULD spend $70 on the fancy one that Paul linked, however, there is another option. This one: http://www.seidioonline.com./Product...D-SMSU1HSTR600
    is $35 and seems to be more useable than the RadioShack $20 option. It fits the Treo600 w/o any stick-on appendages and also comes with a charger. The Radio Shack model is not for a Treo. It's designed for a Nokia 3000/8000. Therefore, if it came with an auto-charger (which it does not), it wouldn't be compatible. And, after all, wouldn't you desire a car-kit to have a charger? IMHO, the $35 option looks great and will be mailed my direction shortly.

Cheers
    Originally posted by gatreo600
    Just had Handspring/Palm swap my 600. After getting my new unit and installing the update from THB I am having very good results.
    What "update" is being offered by THB?

I read on another thread that someone was having a lot of echo problems when using the internal speakerphone. When he upgraded his Sprint software to 1.1, his echo problem disapperared. You probably have the updated software on your new unit, as do I.

Could this actually be the software issue that we were expecting to be corrected in April to allow the Car Kit to work?
    Dunno... I still have an echo from time to time and a buzzing from time to time. They said they are working on it. Should hopefully know something next week.
    breckbone said
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Well, after looking at the Seidio site a little more, here's what I found.
    You COULD spend $70 on the fancy one that Paul linked, however, there is another option. This one: http://www.seidioonline.com./Produc...BD-SMSU1HSTR600
    is $35 and seems to be more useable than the RadioShack $20 option. It fits the Treo600 w/o any stick-on appendages and also comes with a charger. The Radio Shack model is not for a Treo. It's designed for a Nokia 3000/8000. Therefore, if it came with an auto-charger (which it does not), it wouldn't be compatible. And, after all, wouldn't you desire a car-kit to have a charger? IMHO, the $35 option looks great and will be mailed my direction shortly.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please help me out here...

The Seidio product mentioned above (Slim line Universal Mount Kit for Treo 600) is just a mounting kit for the treo and includes a car adapter, but does not include an earpiece /hands free kit.

I found that the Radio Shack solution, although it does not include an AC adapter does more for less. I can mount the phone, plug in the ear bud and I an all set and ready to go. Since the cord is retrackable it is out of the way. If I need to charge the phone in the car, I jsut plug the car adapter and I am charging

Again, am I missing something here?

What I really want is a way to plug the phone into a base unit that will charge and connect to the ear bud without having to plug anything into it. I do not really care for a speaker phone since I prefer to use an earbud.

anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Does the car kit from spring have these features? or is it a speaker phone?

Thanks

Paul
    I don't anyone ever answered the question about whether or not the THB car kit will work with Mapopolis or other GPS units.

I believe the Seidio is able to do that.
    I read earlier in the thread that you could plug the Treo into your Aux In port in the car stereo. I found a much more low tech alternative.

Had a cassette adapter that I used to play CD's through before I got a CD stacking system. Now I plug that into the headset adapter for the Treo.

I can play mp3's through the car speakers as well as use it as a car kit.

I think the sound on the other end of the line is a little dodgy, but the whole thing only cost me about £15!
    Hier kom die Bokke, hier kom die Bokke, lalalalala!
    Here is the latest from Handspring regarding their car kit:

Compatibility:
    The installation car kit is compatible with Treo™ 600 smartphone for T-Mobile, Cingular Wireless, AT&T Wireless, and other GSM/GPRS networks worldwide. It is not currently compatible with Treo 600 for Sprint. (Expected availability end of May 2004.)
    They said 6 months ago that it would be available in April. The fact that they just updated it to the end of May makes it seem likely that the patch is near to completion.
    Are Dan's Cellular Accessories and/or other vendors selling the CDMA/Sprint ThB Car Kit now? Or do we have to wait a bit longer?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12