Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I suspect all of us who ordered from Sprint are now trying to figure out what kind of leverage we have to get the same deal that Handspring is offering ($399, no strings attached) from Sprint. Probably very little.

I saw in another thread that there was no $100 mail-in rebate included in at least one package that arrived. I know if that is the case when mine arrives tomorrow, I will have something to begin negotiations with.

Worst case, I wonder what the return policy on phones is.
    You have 14d to return phone to Sprint (telesales). I ordered one from them Monday, then ordered one from Handspring today. Much better deal.
    When I go to Handspring's site and try to buy a phone (just checking the price, not really ready to buy yet), I get a price of $599. I assume there's some way to get a discount because I have a T300, but I don't see that on their Web site before I reach the checkout.

What is the price through Handspring for someone who already is in a long-term Sprint contract and is upgrading from a T300?

I will do this if the savings are substantial. I have until the 20th.

I assume that I could just call Sprint and have them switch the activation over between the two Treo 600s, and then mail theirs back?

I only want to bother with it if the savings are at least $100 in my situation.
    I just finished ordering one from Handspring as well. I'm giving Sprint their phone back as soon as the Handspring one arrives. Does anyone know if a phone ordered through telesales can be returned to a Sprint store? That would definitely be the easiest way...
    Duh, I just saw the link. There it is, plain and simple - $399 for Treo 300 owners (or owners of the other carriers' variants of the 300). I'm going to call Sprint maybe this weekend and ask why I shouldn't do this.

http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml
    Got a serial number, thanks.
    Last edited by LLBDJ; 10/08/2003 at 10:42 PM.
    Originally posted by brickjr
    I just finished ordering one from Handspring as well. I'm giving Sprint their phone back as soon as the Handspring one arrives. Does anyone know if a phone ordered through telesales can be returned to a Sprint store? That would definitely be the easiest way...
    I was told that you have to call them and they'll send you something to mail it back.
  8.    #8  
    I'm not looking to return the phone I ordered, since I just used my serial number to purchase a phone for my dad. I'm merely trying to get the best deal possible from Sprint.

Anyone able to use the Hanspring offer as leverage to get a better deal from Sprint?
    Exactly. I called and they were more than happy to take it back and send me the proper shipping materials.
    what a pain, but it's worth saving $200....

I just ordered from handspring, and will return the old one to sprint....

If I call for an RMA right now on this one, can I still use it until I physically send it back??

thanks....
    Makes you wonder if Sprint was wisely trying to wait to release this phone after Handspring did...

Imagine that they tried to get the system ready for ordering it, and tried to tell their sales people it wasn't availible. In the end due to constant calling from people like a lot of us, some of the phones were released early by error, and now Sprint needs to deal with all the same people trying to give the phones (the ones they were dying for) BACK!

I don't think any of us did anything "wrong" but I think instead of saying "look what a bunch of morons work for Sprint" we should instead realize that maybe we played a pretty big part in the confusion.

Just a thought... they might all be morons!
    Yes, I was honest with the guy at Sprint when I called for the return information. I said I had found a better deal and wanted to return the phone. He said okay and asked if I wanted to cancel the phone's service while we were talking. I said no, I would use it until I sent it back. He said that was fine...

The only thing I don't know is whether sprint is going to give me a hard time about switching service to yet another phone within a 3 or 4 day period. Even if I have to pay the $36 sevice fee, it'll still be worth it.
    Originally posted by brickjr
    Yes, I was honest with the guy at Sprint when I called for the return information. I said I had found a better deal and wanted to return the phone. He said okay and asked if I wanted to cancel the phone's service while we were talking. I said no, I would use it until I sent it back. He said that was fine...

The only thing I don't know is whether sprint is going to give me a hard time about switching service to yet another phone within a 3 or 4 day period. Even if I have to pay the $36 sevice fee, it'll still be worth it.
    Actually, Knowing Sprint, and the way they operate - by just explaining to them what you are gonna do may provoke them to offer you the same discount. (as a credit on your account). I expect that by tommorow this time, some interprising individual will explain EXACTLY what it is we need to do to get our additional discounts from PCS. Our ace in the hole is the 14 day period!.
    I talked with a CSR tonight and she said, no can do, just send it back.

I'll try again tomorrow.
    Monday i ordered from sprint with 2yr contract and $150 off coupon to be enclosed. I also ordered tonight from handspring at $399.

So why cant i combine the handspring phone for $399, and the sprint rebate of $150 for signing 2yr agreement and

Voila....

The greatest phone ever for $249 !!! GREATNESS !!!

(sprint said "if you are not satisfied with the phone, you can return it within 14days")

Just send back the Handspring ordered Phone to 'Sprint' and Keep the already activated one. They will NEVER know the DIFF.
    If they do, which they wont (cause they are bone heads) play dumb.
    What a mess!! Big losses for everyone because of stupid red tape.
    Originally posted by halford
    [B]They will NEVER know the DIFF.
    If they do, which they wont (cause they are bone heads) play dumb.

LOL
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  19. OJM
    I too paid, received and activated the $599 Treo 600 (directly from Sprint). I have already sold (but not shipped) my Treo 300 on eBay - got $200.00. Basically, I paid 399.00 for the 600 - but don't get to keep the 300.

Returning to Sprint (post-activation/sync) and ordering from Handspring (and going through activation again) is an unattractive option if I can convince Sprint to give me some $$$ in the form of a rebate. Any ideas on how we can get $ or credit from Sprint???? Anyone else keeping the $599 Treo from Sprint????
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Hey what's going on everybody. I am new here and wanted to see what everybody thinks of the treo 600. I am probably one of the guys you talk to when you call sprint. I just placed my order today actually. The $150 off actually is a mail in rebate that you have to send out for and processing usually takes up to 4-6 weeks for you to get your refund check. Also to be eligible for that you have to grab the 2 yr agreement. Sprint is really going to be pushing their 2yr agreements out in exchange for good rebates on its phones. Especially with LNP soon to be mandated and hitting your local carrier by Nov.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast