1.    #1  
    I just ordered my TREO 600!!!!! AT HANDSPRING FOR $399.
    I called about 2 PM and the young lady couldnt help me but told me to call back tonite. They actually went on sale at 4:50PM EST.
    They offered me a number of accesories, which I didnt take except for a headset adapter.
    They gave me expidited shipping and are trying for, but not guaranteeing Friday Morning delivery.
    Persistence pays off!!!
    herbdexter
    but for sprint only. right?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    That is correct--only for Sprint....
    herbdexter
    Are you a new or existing Sprint customer?

Thanks,

-Bill
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  5.    #5  
    an existing sPRINT CUSTOMER
    herbdexter
    Originally posted by herbdexter
    I just ordered my TREO 600!!!!! AT HANDSPRING FOR $399.
    I called about 2 PM and the young lady couldnt help me but told me to call back tonite. They actually went on sale at 4:50PM EST.
    They offered me a number of accesories, which I didnt take except for a headset adapter.
    They gave me expidited shipping and are trying for, but not guaranteeing Friday Morning delivery.
    Persistence pays off!!!
    WooHoo! I just jumped on it! $399 with no new contract commitment and no adding a 2nd line!
    Shall try to negotiate with Sprint after my current contract expires in January and number portability is in effect.

Only Sprint now--others coming soon and website appears ready for the addition of other carriers.
    Did mine on the website--you can't miss it from the home page. Just be sure to click the "current treo owner" text/icon.
    Very quick and easy (just typed in the serial number, no questions asked) with most of the accessories, including what appears to be a pretty decent swivel belt clip case that should do, at least for now. No sled battery, car kit, and one of the cables--all not ready yet. Website says a day to process -- will call to follow up.

Very exciting!

Someone else posted Sprint is still willing to take off additional $100 for 1yr extension, $150 for 2year-- and since you're obligated to sprint with the 600 model, might as well do at least a year.
    I know that Handspring said that Sprint would get things first and so I can't complain that they are getting their stuff out this week to Sprint customers while the GSM/GPRS world salivates.

But when you call Handspring, they are now saying that contrary to what they said at their launch events, the non-Sprint world should NOT expect anything until 2 or 3 more weeks.

NOT ONE WEEK LATER.

I guess Sprint committed greater resources for the earlier launch and so they are entitled to their window of exclusivity. And the truth is, if you tell me 2 or 3 weeks from t he first day, I will probably live with it.

What I can't live with is telling people a week and then turning it into a much longer window. That's plain wrong.

And it is plain annoying that they won't even take advance orders either.
    I just ordered from Handspring too. So, they are giving current treo 300 owners a $200 credit. You can't beat it.

Now, the saga of getting it activated starts as soon as the phone gets here.
    You are thinking that people mislead you about the actual release date of the GSM version.

Yet more than one other thread say the GSM version was unexpectedly recalled.

Surprises take even the people who say "One week!" by surprise.

Maybe all those folks are surprised/dismayed, too.
    upgraded wife's and my treo 300s ! cant wait, expecting it monday. Then i'll start dealing w/ spring because i want to add a line and another treo from them.

i also added the stereo headphone adapters (a requirement for the wife's)

quick and easy order from the hand website . . .

Go ahead and get one Seldom! You can check your stocks and message boards anywhere.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    You are thinking that people mislead you about the actual release date of the GSM version.

Funny you should say that. The guy I spoke to at Handspring said that there is absolutely NO TRUTH to that story.
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

Someone else posted Sprint is still willing to take off additional $100 for 1yr extension, $150 for 2year-- and since you're obligated to sprint with the 600 model, might as well do at least a year.
    How do you go about getting the sprint $100 discount for a new 1yr contract if you order the phone from handspring? Do you just call them up separately and extend your contract?

also, and I'm sorry if this is considered wrong by anyone, but is anyone who already got their new Treo 600 but owns a treo 300 willing to donate their serial number to a worthy cause?

thanks,

--Dave
    For new Sprint plan activation, Handspring rep. said Sprint will give me $150 activation credit -- on top of trade-up price of $399 -- for a net cost of $249. Cool!

Being a cautious early-adopter and new to Sprint, I'm taking advantage of the extra $10/mo. charge to be month-to-month, free of any 1 or 2-year commitment. If I'm satisfied with everything within the first 30 days, I'll make a commitment and drop the $10 charge. If I'm not satisfied, I can return the T600 and get out of the plan without a hitch.

I'm on hold with Sprint right now to confirm that I can do this.
    Last edited by jon20910; 10/08/2003 at 09:40 PM.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    Originally posted by markboy08

Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    I don't flame, but this is interesting, as it has been commented on previously that SV seems to respond almost instantaneously to many posts--I hope it's only coincidence and not support for your speculation about SV speculatin'. OK, onto brighter thoughts-- my 600's coming my 600's coming! ;-)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    jon20910,
    I'm curious about an update... did Sprint confirm you'd get an addition $150 activation credit?

I am an exisiting Treo 270 owner (Cingular) and want to get the Treo 600 and switch to Sprint.

From the looks of the HS "upgrade" deal, I order and activate via their site... how do I get Sprint to add an activation credit after I order?

Thanks for any feedback.

Originally posted by jon20910
    For new Sprint plan activation, Handspring rep. said Sprint will give me $150 activation credit -- on top of trade-up price of $399 -- for a net cost of $249. Cool!

Being a cautious early-adopter and new to Sprint, I'm taking advantage of the extra $10/mo. charge to be month-to-month, free of any 1 or 2-year commitment. If I'm satisfied with everything within the first 30 days, I'll make a commitment and drop the $10 charge. If I'm not satisfied, I can return the T600 and get out of the plan without a hitch.

I'm on hold with Sprint right now to confirm that I can do this.
    Originally posted by Fofer

From the looks of the HS "upgrade" deal, I order and activate via their site... how do I get Sprint to add an activation credit after I order?
    Fofer,

Yeah, that's what it looks like on the HS web site. However, to sign up for new service -- or add to an existing plan -- Susan (the CSR I spoke with at HS) said you call a special Sprint phone number once your T600 arrives. Sprint should then give the $100 credit for 1 yr. or $150 for 2 yrs. The credit will be applied to your Sprint phone bill.

I haven't actually been through the Sprint process yet -- though there are many postings here about the experiences others are having with Sprint CSR's. Just ordered my T600 at 9 PM last night. I don't expect it until sometime tomorrow -- or heaven forbid Monday!

Interestingly, when I called Sprint to confirm what Susan told me, Sprint CSR told me *they* were only selling T600's to existing customers -- new service activations have to be done via # provided by HS.

I'm in a similar situation -- switching to Sprint from a T270 on T-Mobile.

Best,
    Last edited by jon20910; 10/09/2003 at 07:40 AM.