Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    hi dear treo-user!

    as an owner of handsprings treo 180 i`m waiting for the new 600 for almost 3 months.

    today i went to my local orange-store (i live in switzerland, the 600 will be distributed by orange over here) because i know that the device will be released tomorrow .

    they told me that it`ll be SIM-locked for 2 (TWO!!) years. okay, i could live with that, but the problem is, that i have no orange-net at home. the seller confirmed me that.

    so what to do now? the phone of my dreams is finally available but i can`t use it because it`s SIM-locked and orange has no network-coverage where i live.

    is there a chance to remove the SIM-lock? or can i buy it in a different country without SIM-lock?

    thank you very much for your help.

    regards from switzerland:
    rene (sad and angry about orange)
  2. #2  
    In France, operators have to remove the SIM Lock for free after 6 month. This is by law, they have to do it.
    If you don't find de-simlocked Treo 600 now, guess you'll find some on the French second hand market in 6 month, or buy it now from Orange France, and wait 6 month to unlock it !
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
  3.    #3  
    hello Treobuddy

    thank you for your answer, good to hear that the french provider have to remove the simlock after only 6 months. and that for free.

    that would be an option, but that way i`d have no phone for the next 6 months because my treo 180`s speaker isn`t working since 3 months and the headset is also broken since last week

    hope to get some more ideas how to get a de-simlocked treo600 from other users

    see ya!
    rene
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by spooky
    hello Treobuddy

    thank you for your answer, good to hear that the french provider have to remove the simlock after only 6 months. and that for free.

    that would be an option, but that way i`d have no phone for the next 6 months because my treo 180`s speaker isn`t working since 3 months and the headset is also broken since last week

    hope to get some more ideas how to get a de-simlocked treo600 from other users

    see ya!
    rene
    be patient you will be able to order a unlocked gsm version soon enough as soon as the phone is distributed you will see it show up online, it will be more expensive though.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by HumP


    be patient you will be able to order a unlocked gsm version soon enough as soon as the phone is distributed you will see it show up online, it will be more expensive though.
    thank you for your help

    do you have an idea WHEN that`ll be?
    weeks? months?

    the guy in the orange-shop told me that there`ll eventually be some unlocked 600`s available in march

    rené
  6. #6  
    dunno you can check with

    www.mobilecityonline.com

    and i believe ingram micro is selling or will be selling unlocked gsm models
  7. #7  
    www.Expansys.com expect to have unlocked GSM phones in the UK by the end of October. They'll deliver to Switzerland.
    Will
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Will Falconer
    www.Expansys.com expect to have unlocked GSM phones in the UK by the end of October. They'll deliver to Switzerland.
    that`s good news, thank ya
    i`ll contact them to ask if they do have a delivery-date for the device.

    regards, rene
  9. #9  
    You should double-check your Orange center: I've seen several adverts or posts were Orange CH announce the Treo600 unlocked for 999CHF.
    Also, you can find unlocked Treo 600 in the Belgium or Germany part of Treostore , in fact in European countries were Orange is not present...
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Treobuddy
    You should double-check your Orange center: I've seen several adverts or posts were Orange CH announce the Treo600 unlocked for 999CHF.
    Also, you can find unlocked Treo 600 in the Belgium or Germany part of Treostore , in fact in European countries were Orange is not present...
    hey Treobuddy

    that`s interesting news ... i didn`t know that , thank you very much for your investigations

    it`s a little bit pricey, but i really have to think about that offer

    thank you again!
    regards, rene
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Treobuddy
    You should double-check your Orange center: I've seen several adverts or posts were Orange CH announce the Treo600 unlocked for 999CHF.
    Also, you can find unlocked Treo 600 in the Belgium or Germany part of Treostore , in fact in European countries were Orange is not present...
    btw:
    the original treo
    http://www.treostore.com/photo_deu/EM030725185.jpg

    looks muuuuch hotter than the orange-edition
    http://img.orange.ch/static/Content/...reo_600_de.gif

    rené

Posting Permissions