Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here it is.... Sorry to those who bought from Sprint!!! Rebate (bringing phone to $399 is ONLY for those buying from handspring.com)

http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml
  2.    #2  
    Here's the text:

If you're a Treo 180, 270 or 300 owner, we'd like to thank you for being a loyal customer by offering you a special discount on our hot new Treo 600. For a limited time, you'll get the coolest new smartphone on the market for only $399—even if you want to keep your existing phone number and plan.

This offer is currently available with plans from Sprint until October 29, 2003. We expect plans from Cingular Wireless and T-Mobile to be available with Treo 600 within the next few weeks. We also expect service from AT&T Wireless to be available soon. As each of these mobile service providers becomes available, we will add them to this reward program.* So you can upgrade now by switching to one of our currently available mobile service providers for only $399.** Or wait and upgrade for the same low price of $399 once your preferred provider becomes available.

Terms and conditions:

One upgrade order per customer and qualifying serial number only
    Only Treo 180, 270, or 300 serial numbers qualify for this offer
    Not combinable with any other offer
    Offer good with plans from Sprint until October 29, 2003. Offers for other mobile service providers will be available for only three weeks beginning from the date they are added to the program
    Offer available only for Treo 600s purchased from Handspring.com
    To buy Treo 600 at your upgrade price, first enter the serial number of your Treo 180, 270 or 300 then click Submit.

* Although we expect to be able to offer service from Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless with Treo 600, we cannot guarantee that these mobile service providers will be available.

** Please be aware that if you change mobile service providers and you are still within your current contract period, you may be charged early termination fees from your existing service provider. Check with your current mobile service provider for more information.
    Yeepee!! Also they now have the Treo 600 product page up. It's under the smartphones section. Add this to the (hopefully) rebates from sprint for extending my contract and I may walk away with this baby for $249!!!
    sexygogoboy
    many people have posted that existing sprint customers will be able to get the same rebates as current sprint customers for signing a contract.

For this to apply, would you have to but the phone direct from sprint? Otherwise, could you buy it through handspring and then get the additional rebate from sprint?

hopefully.. and this would make the phone $300 w/ 1 yr contract or $250 w/ 2yr contract ... Awesome
  5.    #5  
    Ordered mine...overnight shipping is $14.50 (saver was $8.50). I'll update when it arrives.

You do NOT need to send them your Treo (only needed the serial number) and you can keep your same service plan.

ROCK!
    Woo hoo!!!

Just ordered mine! My contract with Sprint is almost up so I'll try for some cash for a year extension too. The next step is to return the defective 300 to Circuit City for a refund under the extended warranty. That will amount to a $350 store credit or possibly a complete refund since they no longer offer Sprint.
    and we jumped through all the hoops of a soft launch at sprint for what? $450. Ah what the heck, thats not too bad, I guarentee I WILL be the alpha geek at the ASRM conference this weekend in San Antonio.......... That is worth 50 bucks all by itself.
    Jeff
    anyone know if you can use the serial number on a friend's Treo 300?

I've got a friend with a Treo 300 who doesn't want the 600. That's a wasted serial number in my view. So can I use his serial number to get the upgrade price, or would they somehow only sell it to the original owner.

What if I bought a used Treo. Would that serial number work?
    - ag47
    Other than a serial number already being used for this program, I see no reason why any serial number, regardless of the owner, wouldn't work.

Nothing was asked about my service with Sprint at all. All I had to do was enter the Serial Number and then just enter my name/address and payment info.
    does anyone know FOR SURE if the handspring trade-up price ($399) and sprint rebates ($100 - $150) can be combined...possibly meaning a total of $249?
    Originally posted by leadtrumpetdave
    does anyone know FOR SURE if the handspring trade-up price ($399) and sprint rebates ($100 - $150) can be combined...possibly meaning a total of $249?
    I'd be curious on this too. My thinking is to call up and negotiate a year (or 2 if u want) extension and try to get a rebate for doing so. Then, call back at a later time to do the ESN change.
    Just ordered my Treo600 too with the 14.50 overnight delivery. Now, if I can just get the right price on ebay for the Treo300
    The announcement from HS is clear...not combinable with other offers. So $399 is the price for the phone. Now what you negotiate from Sprint for signing a new contract is something else...you may indeed get $100 ($150) for a 1 (2) year contract. But that transaction is independent of your Treo600 purchase.
    My order is in for "overnight" shipping, which could take 2-3 days(?). Anyway, they don't ask about your plan at all. $399 for a Treo. Now if I can get Sprint to give back $100 for a 1-yr renewal, it'll be at my ideal price for this phone ($299).

This, combined with T-Mo's delay, was just too much to pass up. Another year for me and Sprinty, I guess.
    snip:
    The announcement from HS is clear...not combinable with other offers. So $399 is the price for the phone. Now what you negotiate from Sprint for signing a new contract is something else...you may indeed get $100 ($150) for a 1 (2) year contract. But that transaction is independent of your Treo600 purchase.
    snip

yes indeed - and remember that the Sprint deals are tied into your bill, rather than some money BACK on the device - so, if you negotiate some bargain for either a)extending your contract another year or two, or b)adding another line to your service (which was actually quoted to me as no charge, and which I went for, to get $100 off my next month's service) - any of those deals apply to your cell bill. Thus, one could get the phone from HS for $399, get some kind of deal, separately, for your cell service by one of the above offers like the contract extension or add-a-line, whatever - and have the best of all worlds.
    So do I wish I had waited a day? Well, i dunno - I ordered from Sprint yesterday, so the thing should be here in a day or so. Patience might have served me well, but at least things are in motion...
    thank you sknfy. scrinch also. I guess I wanted to know if all Sprint contract pricing/rebate info was negotiated at the time of the sale. I considered putting my own serial # in to find out, but as I must wait 1-3 weeks for purchase, I did not want to risk losing my pricing opportunity by entering in my serial # & not completing the transaction.
    anyone know of a place to buy Treo parts where one might obtain a Serial#
    If I was looking for a serial number, I would go to a Sprint store and copy it down from one of the demos. But that would be dishonest...
    sexygogoboy
    I did find these ebay listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331

I'm sure these would work. I'm not in the market but for those that are - good luck.
    Does anybody that jumped on it early and bought it at sprint want to sell me the use of their treo 300 serial number? I'll give you $50 for a valid serial. PM me if you're interested.

Richard
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast