Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by COBoarder

I had the same thought but HS will most likely delete the SN from the activation list so the guy I sell it to on Ebay won't be able to activate the phone through Sprint. I'd rather not misrepresent a product that can't be activated.
    That is HIGHLY unlikely. They may do it for their (HS) internal db, but no way would Sprint whack a valid phone...they want you to activate it, regardless of whether you got a new Treo or not.
    Ordered my Treo 600 upgrade ($399) at 4:20CST, 2 hours later had two emails from sprint confirming my order. The last email says it should ship the next business day, looks like I will have the 600 to play with on the weekend.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I already got mine from Sprint so it's too late for me, but I'd be glad to sell my 300 serial number for $50 to the first taker.

David
    Originally posted by agnok47

Oh my god. It worked. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU whoever you are!!!!!

i can't believe that actually WORKED!!!!

I AM THE MAN!!

and mo-bile is my hero
    I aims to please.
    If anyone need a vaild Treo 300 serial number to use for the Handspring upgrade program please PM me. Mine is available.
    If upgrading from Handspring, do they charge State and Local Sales tax? I (thought) I lucked out today, and got one at my local SprintPCS store for $450, plus 7% sales tax. Saving on taxes, plus the $50 better price from Handspring, would make it compelling for me to return the Sprint phone, and buy direct via the upgrade path.
    Originally posted by sleepysurf
    If upgrading from Handspring, do they charge State and Local Sales tax? I (thought) I lucked out today, and got one at my local SprintPCS store for $450, plus 7% sales tax. Saving on taxes, plus the $50 better price from Handspring, would make it compelling for me to return the Sprint phone, and buy direct via the upgrade path.
    The do charge tax for some states--there's a list as you go through the purchase process.
    more compelling, is that you should still get a rebate from Sprint for renewing or adding a line, after the HS rebate, that is.
    Originally posted by sleepysurf
    They charge state sales tax. From my invoice:

*Tax will be added in AZ, CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NY, OH, TX, UT
    and Canada.
    Thanks!

Guess I'll be calling Sprint tomorrow to see "what else" they can do for me <g>.
    I have a serial available as well, if any1 is interested.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    PM me for a serial number if you need one...
    thanks for all who replied, I got a serial number and order my Treo 600.
    I think a lot of us owe handspring a thanks and apology. We were up in arms when we thought they were not looking out for the "loyals". I wonder who I should e mail to let them know I think they did a great thing.
    Can anyone PM the serial # of your Treo 300 to do the upgrade to the 600? Thank you,
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I have one, as i didn't use it for the upgrade. you can use it, please give me your best price.

i take paypal

my email is

iitolustii@aol.com

the serial update takes $200 off the price

$50 for Treo 500 serial
    Last edited by TOLUST; 10/08/2003 at 11:29 PM.
    I have $50 via PayPal..

PM me here.. Would like to order tonight.. thanks..
    -w00t!
    Although I still think the overall price is too high, I must admit that this deal is better than I imagined it would be. Kudos to Handspring for that.

I'm still sour about the lousy camera, low-resolution, and a few other minor issues, but I'm now considering jumping in and getting two of these. I previously was thinking that this phone could be a good fit to replace my wife's Treo 300 but was still too expensive. Now, I'm thinking of upgrading both of ours, since I wouldn't need to commit to a new contract and could sell ours on eBay.

In one sense, this actually makes me even more upset about the lousy camera and low-res screen since I'm now somewhat excited about getting a Treo 600 but still can't imagine using it as my only device. Oh well.

My other thought is whether I should wait a bit for the T-Mobile version to be released so I can read some user comparisons of the two models in terms of speed, reception, etc.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I have a serial for sale as well. $50.

PM me.
    thanks T-Love.. I'm in the queue.

To all those others that PM'd me, thanks for the quick response. T-Love sent a message before I had time to switch to my email client!
    -w00t!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast