Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Those ebay listings are for Treo 90 and not eligible for the discount.
    sexygogoboy
    Seems to be some nefarious stuff goin' on heah....
    I'd also be interested in a previous Treo 300's owner serial. Maybe we can work out something that benefits both of us. PM me if interested.
    I did find these ebay listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331

I'm sure these would work. I'm not in the market but for those that are - good luck.
    Originally posted by mpk65281
    Here's the text:

If you're a Treo 180, 270 or 300 owner, we'd like to thank you for being a loyal customer by offering you a special discount on our hot new Treo 600. For a limited time, you'll get the coolest new smartphone on the market for only $399—even if you want to keep your existing phone number and plan.

This offer is currently available with plans from Sprint until October 29, 2003. We expect plans from Cingular Wireless and T-Mobile to be available with Treo 600 within the next few weeks. We also expect service from AT&T Wireless to be available soon. As each of these mobile service providers becomes available, we will add them to this reward program.* So you can upgrade now by switching to one of our currently available mobile service providers for only $399.** Or wait and upgrade for the same low price of $399 once your preferred provider becomes available.

Terms and conditions:

One upgrade order per customer and qualifying serial number only
    Only Treo 180, 270, or 300 serial numbers qualify for this offer
    Not combinable with any other offer
    Offer good with plans from Sprint until October 29, 2003. Offers for other mobile service providers will be available for only three weeks beginning from the date they are added to the program
    Offer available only for Treo 600s purchased from Handspring.com
    To buy Treo 600 at your upgrade price, first enter the serial number of your Treo 180, 270 or 300 then click Submit.

* Although we expect to be able to offer service from Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless with Treo 600, we cannot guarantee that these mobile service providers will be available.

** Please be aware that if you change mobile service providers and you are still within your current contract period, you may be charged early termination fees from your existing service provider. Check with your current mobile service provider for more information.
    So let me get this straight...I have a 300. I enter my s/n and buy a 600 for $399. I then call up Sprint, have my 300 disconnected and the 600 connected and I still keep the same plan and phone number??? And any deal I can try to work out with sprint is on my own...i.e. $100 rebate for extending a contract...this is like getting a deal for new activation but being able to keep your current phone number!
    I think the Handspring offer is an excellent deal.

However what I negotiated from Sprint is not far off.

I do have a business account with three phones over two contracts. For extending one contract by a year I got a hundred dollars off on the phone and fifty percent off my next billing. My billing is about two hundred plus a month.

That makes my phone about two hundred less than the price of $600.

She also said she found the offer for long time customers to be discount slightly for renewal....about fifty six dollars.

All this way gleamed from the chat on the TC.

I also used a coupon for changing to Sprint long distance service that gave me a hundred toward my bill or a phone purchase on PCS.

Just ideas to help the next guy get the best deal.
    I'm interested in the quote
    even if you want to keep your existing phone number and plan
    I've got one of the early $10 Unlimited vision plans. Does this mean I can buy the 600 and use it without paying extra for the Vision Professional pack?
    What kind of shipping does Handspring offer, and how much would it be?
  9.    #29  
    Originally posted by strongbad
    What kind of shipping does Handspring offer, and how much would it be?
    FedEx overnight shipping is $14.50 (saver was $8.50).
    $50 first come, first served. Via paypal
    Does Handspring offer an insurance plan? Or is that just through Sprint?
    Monday - I ordered via Sprint-Telesales. The best i could do on monday was $599 (rep said definitely NO rebate for current customers).

Tuesday - I ordered 888-253-1315 - Sprint. They gave me $150 rebate for a 2yr contract! paid - $449.

Wednesday - Just ordered from Handspring. With the rebate for Treo 300 S/N, cost me $399, PLUS she said Sprint will do additional $100 for 1yr & $150 for 2yr extension. This way the phone could be only $249.

I now have 3 Treo 600s heading to my home (although Sprint says they cannot find my Telesales order), so probably just 2.
    I will simply return the one from Sprint.

W-T-F !

Looks like it PAYS to be persistent once again.
    I may have pm'd you; not sure. I'm interested. What do I do?
    ido.

Interested in what?
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the first few digits of my Treo 300's SN have been rubbed off. I cant read them for the life of me. I'm on the phone with Handspring right now to try and convince them to give me the discount. My original Treo broke and Sprint gave me a new one, so I never registered it.

Obviously it's impossible to identify the whole SN by the first few (I think 3) characters. Could someone PM me them? If you ever have trouble getting the rebate in the future, please come talk to me and I'll try to get it straightened out with Handspring.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the first few digits of my Treo 300's SN have been rubbed off. I cant read them for the life of me. I'm on the phone with Handspring right now to try and convince them to give me the discount. My original Treo broke and Sprint gave me a new one, so I never registered it.

Obviously it's impossible to identify the whole SN by the first few (I think 3) characters. Could someone PM me them? If you ever have trouble getting the rebate in the future, please come talk to me and I'll try to get it straightened out with Handspring.
    Will this help?

http://www.handspring.com/promos/pop_serial_lookup.html

Look for the photo of the 300.
    Actually the lady on the phone found it. Cool.
    First three letters: FGF, I think they're common for all Treos.

If the serial number doesn't work, try your e-mail address. Those that have had their phones replaced by Sprint probably won't have their serial numbers registered. At least that was the case with me, but they accepted my e-mail address. Good luck.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick about trying to renegotiate a discount for renewal with Sprint. Think about it, WLNP is a month away, we have the phone we want, at an acceptable price. If you wait until after Nov 24 to renew, you might get away with a steal. My contract is up on the 26th of October, but I'll just let it sit for a month, and see what the new deals are.
    Originally posted by norpah
    Just ordered my Treo600 too with the 14.50 overnight delivery. Now, if I can just get the right price on ebay for the Treo300
    I had the same thought but HS will most likely delete the SN from the activation list so the guy I sell it to on Ebay won't be able to activate the phone through Sprint. I'd rather not misrepresent a product that can't be activated.
    Originally posted by mo-bile

Will this help?

http://www.handspring.com/promos/pop_serial_lookup.html

Look for the photo of the 300.
    Oh my god. It worked. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU whoever you are!!!!!

i can't believe that actually WORKED!!!!

I AM THE MAN!!

and mo-bile is my hero
    - ag47
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast