Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone sync'd their Treo 600 to a Mac running OS X?

YoungTurk
    Don't have one myself, but the posted user manuals explicitly claim OS X compatibility. (and 9, for that matter)
    Am i missing something... why do people keep asking this?

iCal/Address Book sync to Palm Desktop via the iSync Palm Conduit.

So any Palm device should sync with OS X.

I never got why people went on about the Missing Sync for CLIEs. Mine synced right out of the box because of iSync. Now PPC... that's a whole other can of worms
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by snahabed
    Am i missing something... why do people keep asking this?

iCal/Address Book sync to Palm Desktop via the iSync Palm Conduit.

So any Palm device should sync with OS X.

I never got why people went on about the Missing Sync for CLIEs. Mine synced right out of the box because of iSync. Now PPC... that's a whole other can of worms
    I've seen reports that the 300 wouldn't sync reliably with iSync etc.

YoungTurk
    According to Apple, the Treo 300 is fully supported by isync with the palm conduit.

YoungTurk, what kind of issues were people having with the Treo 300 and isync? I'm just curious 'cause I'm planning on using my Treo 600 with that combo.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by rchang713
    According to Apple, the Treo 300 is fully supported by isync with the palm conduit.

YoungTurk, what kind of issues were people having with the Treo 300 and isync? I'm just curious 'cause I'm planning on using my Treo 600 with that combo.
    Sorry I don't recall the particulars but remember noting this problem with the 300 . . . I've cross-posted to Apple's iSync Discussions to see if I catch any fish.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

YoungTurk
    iSync has worked great with my Treo 300, and I'm sure it will work fine with the 600. As others have pointed out, as long as it's a Palm device it should work.
    Apple posted a NEW version of iSync 1.2.1 and iCal 1.5 has anyone tied with the 600 yet?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Been running it since yesterday

iCal, iSync, Addressbook and the Treo 600, works beautifully

Greg
    Just received my T600 today (YAY!) and sync'd fine with my PeeCee at work. Brought it home to install some files from my iMac and it won't sync. I am running 10.2.8, with newest iCal & iSync. Tried restarting, checked Hot Sync Manager but nothing works. When I push the Hotsync button for the Treo nothing happens on the desktop. Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by jeffcr
    Just received my T600 today (YAY!) and sync'd fine with my PeeCee at work. Brought it home to install some files from my iMac and it won't sync. I am running 10.2.8, with newest iCal & iSync. Tried restarting, checked Hot Sync Manager but nothing works. When I push the Hotsync button for the Treo nothing happens on the desktop. Any suggestions?
    Do you have the iSync Palm Conduit installed also? It can be found on the iSync webpage.
    Once you get the isync palm conduit, and install the treo 600 cd, it magically syncs up with ical etc. To find out where to get the iscyn palm conduit, fire up isync and go into help and look around under palm

Fairly intutive, and had it working with the g4 tibook, 10.2.8 with the latest isync and ical in about 20 minutes.

/v
    I use the Microsft Entourage Conduit and the Vindigo Conduit on Mac OSX with my 300.

Anyone using or trying to use these conduits with the 600?

John
    Entourage conduit works fine...I deleted my Vindigo stuff, so I haven't tried that one.

Greg
    I do have iSync Palm conduit. My previous phone was the Kyocera 6035 which sync'd fine with iSync?palm etc. I think the problem is I didn't install the Treo CD software (left at the office). I'm going to see if that makes the difference.
    I did not install the Treo CD either...just the standard Palm 4.1 desktop from palm.com

Greg
    Didn't have a single issue.
    if yr having problems w palm desktop, make sure yr using a version from handspring which is DIFFERENT than the plain-vanilla palm.com download. version numbers and everything else'll be the same, but when you DL the handspring version its a special treo-specific build & the HS logo'll appear on the installer's splash screen.

if yr having any problems w syncing, get uninstall whatever you've got and reinstall a fresh copy of palm desktop from the HS site.
    Not only does it sync w/X and iCal and all the iSync packages, but it is cool to be able to sync your phone with all the live calendars that are out there for iCal. For example, I subscribe to the Spurs calendar (not that I can't simply go to Spurs.com or anything :) and when I sync'd the phone, the Spurs calendar showed on my phone! Super cool stuff.

Rey :)
    I'm using both X and 9 out of necessity.

I have not seen any info about syncing with OS9. I would like to at least start my upgrade process in OS9 as that is what I am currently using with Docs To Go, FileMaker Mobile, Pocket Quicken etc. Do you have a link that says OS9 Synchronization is possible?

It's worth a try to Sync in 9. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks All,
    Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast