Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Does this work OK on the T600?
    Surely some of the early users have needed to try Agendus on their 600s - ? Mine is due to arrive any day know, and I'm wholly dependent on Agendus, and am curious to know about any interoperability issues. Someone? Anyone?
    Agendus 6.12 appears to work just fine.

It depends on what you are expecting, though. Agendus does not work with the new 5-way directional pad (or at least not on my Treo). I really like the 5-way functionality that comes with the Treo 600 built-in apps. I'm guessing it will be a few days before we see an updated Agendus that has this functionality.

Anyone have thoughts? Anyone get this to work?
    Just downloaded v6.14 will try it out. Now I need a new license due to new device.
    When I HotSync'd for the Treo 600 for the first time, all my information was there in Agendus for Palm with one gross exception. All my icons were put in the "Palm OS5 Incompatible Applications" on the desktop.

For all of those who have not upgraded to the Treo 600, there is a well thought out folder that is placed on your desktop. This folder is labled "Palm OS5 Incompatible Applications" and contains all the program files on your previous Palm device that are not compatible with Palm OS5. I speculate that this is so we know where to get these files when the program in question is upgraded.

I see my Agendus Icons in the "Palm OS5 Incompatible Applications" Folder. I am very tempted to move this to the Install Tool and load my color icons on my Treo 600. I am hesitant because I do not want to cause a Fatal Exception or the like. Also, I have used Agendus (aka Action Names) for quite a long time now and have a vast collection of custom made icons. I do not want to take the chance on losing these. I did lose all my icons one time (before I knew how to properly back them up).

Has anybody loaded up their previous icons? If so, did it work.

Thanks,
    Russell
    (Fender Doc)
    I patiently waited to see if anybody loaded their custom icons onto Agendus. No responses, so I became the guine pig.

Good news, it worked. It loaded my icons and they were exactly where I put them on my now retired, Treo 300.

Agendus has not published an update, so the Navigator does not fully work yet. If you press the "MENU" button, the menu topics can be navigated with the Nav Button.

I hope this information is useful.

Russell
    How does it look in general?
    Palm MD,

Agendus looks pretty much the same, but very much brighter.

The main difference is that if you change the system colors in Preferences/General, the colors are changed in Agendus. It is a nice change of pace. I would like to see a program for the Treo 600 that let us make our own color schemes.

I just checked the Iambic site for any recent updates. The latest version of Agendus is 6.14. I submitted a request for an update so Agendus can utilize the Nav button. I will post any response I get from them.

Russell
    COuld this handle a BIG (3500+) address book?

WHY do like it (as opposed to ACT or Contacts 4,etc...?)
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Over at the Iambic discussion forms...

It looks like there will be Treo 600 support (D-pad) in v7...

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...light=treo+600

- Leo
    Sounds like there are a lot of Agendus users on this board. I have written Agendus via their very well monitored support boards at their site (www.iambic.com) and they say they are coming out with a Treo/OS 5 version of Agendus 'soon'.

I'm hoping that if enough of us slam their board with feature and upgrade requests, they will speed the product to market.

AGENDUS USERS SPEAK OUT!
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    Like one of the previous posters, I have grown quite dependent on Agendus, but also on the icon set I've customized. Problem is-- I'm currently using an OS5 **hi-res** Clie TG50. I know the Treo 600 is low-res, so I'm wondering if any folks can share experiences with hi-res icons w/Agendus on the Treo 600. Meanwhile, I'm looking into a way to convert the customized set to low res.

TIA.
    Just answered my own Q. For anyone else wondering about the hi-res icons issue re Treo 600--- Icon Manager allows super-easy conversion to low-res, i.e., all icons in a set (or specific ones if preferred) via a few quick taps of menu commands.
    Is there anyone can tell me how to mark an appointment as "Done!" in Agendus ? I really need to know this or my floating event will be advanced every day until I delete it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by nomade; 11/09/2003 at 02:52 AM.
    I have used To-Do's as floating events (calls, etc.) but not appts.

If you schedule it as an appt, it assumes it was held. You can add notes (hit the notepad icon) or schedule a follow-up (menu, options, create follow-up).

Are you talking about recurring appts?

Hope that helped a little ...
    I have used To-Do's as floating events (calls, etc.) but not appts. All you have to do is check the box on the left next to the priority. Or tap complete in the details box.

If you schedule it as an appt, it assumes it was held. You can add notes (hit the notepad icon) or schedule a follow-up (menu, options, create follow-up).

Hope that helped a little ...
    Added something and didn't catch it in time.
    Originally posted by tjd414

Yes.

I have some routine appointments need to do every month. And hope Agendus can notify me every day if I didn't finish that job on time. So I create some floating appointments and set to repeat every month.

Thank you for your advising. I just found that Agendus can set repeatable To Dos. I will try to re-create my repeating floating appointments in To Do List.

But I still curious about why Agendus can not mark an appointment as "Done".
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I am getting ready to buy Agendus just wondering if I should waite for the 7.0 or if I will get a free upgrade buying the current 6x version.
    Originally posted by nomade

Yes.

I have some routine appointments need to do every month. And hope Agendus can notify me every day if I didn't finish that job on time. So I create some floating appointments and set to repeat every month.

Thank you for your advising. I just found that Agendus can set repeatable To Dos. I will try to re-create my repeating floating appointments in To Do List.

But I still curious about why Agendus can not mark an appointment as "Done".
    Don't do them as to-do's that recur ... set them up as recurring appts ... it is easy to set up by cliscking on the Repeat field. This way it will repeat as how you set it up on the Repeat Screen.

If you do it as a To-Do, it will require you to mark it done each time, where Appts don't do that.

Originally posted by frediev

I am getting ready to buy Agendus just wondering if I should waite for the 7.0 or if I will get a free upgrade buying the current 6x version.
    I sent an email on this same subject and I got an answer that was quite vague ... like we are working on it and we will let you know via email. Sorry ...

Tom
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast