Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just received a phone call from Mohammad, the T-Mobile guy saying that the GSM model has just been recalled by HS because of some missing software and release would be delayed until early November. Has anybody else heard this?
    Check the thread titled "UK" something or other about an Orange (GSM) recall).
    I've seen postings about it being recalled in Europe (Orange) but thought it was a just a nasty rumor.

Given the number of postings from Sprint owners complaining about speaker noise, I would expect as much.

Look s like I'm looking at christmas or later. Truth be told, I was sort of wondering about whether the first production run of these puppies might be suspect. I'd sooner wait for a good product than have to deal with something that won't work.
  4.    #4  
    One always wonders about the reliability and integrity of the first production run, but I have gotten swept away by Treo 600 fever and I'm not sure I can wait a couple of months. Just reading the posts from the Sprint crowd and seeing their pictures has me drooling like Pavlav's dog.
    Yes, Mohammad told me the same thing.
    Now looks like late October, early November.
    At least T-Mo and Cingular put these new devices thru the paces before releasing them to the general public!
    Unlike the folks at Sprint that just throw it out there and now you guys have to wait for patches and or returns and replacements, refurbs etc..........
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I just called Mohammad too. Early November it is. The conspiracy theorist in me says that this may be Sprint's way of enforcing any exclusivity clause they may have in their contract with HS. (Have them in Sprint stores, for sale, for a few weeks before GSM companies even get a shot).
    he told me the same. but , then how is hanspring selling gsm phones thru rebate?
    Ben
    Looks like Handspring is NOT selling the GSM phones yet, only CDMA.

That is correct. Handspring is currently ONLY selling the Sprint version from their website.

I received a call from Mohammad as well informing of the delay in the GSM T600
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    At least T-Mo and Cingular put these new devices thru the paces before releasing them to the general public!
    Unlike the folks at Sprint that just throw it out there and now you guys have to wait for patches and or returns and replacements, refurbs etc..........
    Ever stop to think that the software issue that prompted the recall/delay of the GSM version is unique to the GSM version?
    Originally posted by MHR

Ever stop to think that the software issue that prompted the recall/delay of the GSM version is unique to the GSM version?
    That's a possibility, except many Sprint customers are already complaining of bugs in some posts here.
    Originally posted by Jay21

That's a possibility, except many Sprint customers are already complaining of bugs in some posts here.
    I haven't seen reports of bugs as much as reports of hardware issues. I have a Sprint one that it working flawlessly. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Funny........

I spoke now to THREE different Handspring sales reps who told me that they have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about regarding any recall or snafu.

They say it's all just rumor.
    im going ot call mohammad now and have him dig up the truth
    Mohammads voice mail confirms that they will recieve the units the 13ths and will be overnighted for 9-12pm delievery on the 14th.

I am awaiting his call back.
    Originally posted by zipmitz
    Funny........

I spoke now to THREE different Handspring sales reps who told me that they have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about regarding any recall or snafu.

They say it's all just rumor.
    CSRs are normally the last to know anything.
    Originally posted by HumP
    Mohammads voice mail confirms that they will recieve the units the 13ths and will be overnighted for 9-12pm delievery on the 14th.

I am awaiting his call back.
    Please keep us posted if there is another change.

Mohammad told me late this afternoon that he just got official word of the delay, and units won't be shipping till November.

He said T-Mobile wanted to do more "end to end" testing.
    Sounds like possible hardware issues?
    Ok spoke with Mohammad at length, the shipments have been delayed, TMobile doesnt want the same thing to happen to them that Orange had happen.

Mohammad and his boss are having a conference call with Handspring tomorrow morning at 10am so we will know the real deal then.

Lets all say our pillow prayers tonight
    > ...TMobile doesnt want the same thing to happen to them that
    > Orange had happen...

Which necessarily begs the question - what happened with Orange?

> ...Mohammad and his boss are having a conference call with
    > Handspring tomorrow morning at 10am so we will know the
    > real deal then...

And tomorrow at The Close (4PM EDT) Handspring reports financial stuff and gets quizzed by "analysts" - hope one or more of those analysts get to the bottom of this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast