Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...TMobile doesnt want the same thing to happen to them that
    > Orange had happen...

Which necessarily begs the question - what happened with Orange?
    Could it be the same issues that the Sprint users are now voicing concerns about? Hardware/sofware issues?

Maybe Sprint did indeed rush this out?
    Treohunk has removed this post
    please press them for a firm date and a real answer for the sudden delay. much thanks on behalve of eveyone.
    Ben
    Thanks for all of the great updates and hard work, Mohammad. Hopefully, Handspring will recognize that it is never good to keep a customer (in this case many customers) waiting. I have to admit, I would rather wait a little longer than have to send the item back.

I really appreciate you taking up the cause of the tmobile customers on this board within T-mobile. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...TMobile doesnt want the same thing to happen to them that
    > Orange had happen...

Which necessarily begs the question - what happened with Orange?

> ...Mohammad and his boss are having a conference call with
    > Handspring tomorrow morning at 10am so we will know the
    > real deal then...

And tomorrow at The Close (4PM EDT) Handspring reports financial stuff and gets quizzed by "analysts" - hope one or more of those analysts get to the bottom of this.
    Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    Originally posted by markboy08

Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    huh haha
    Thanks again, Mohammad, for being a very unique sales rep.
    Nooooo!

I want to get the unlocked GSM version via the Handspring Treo upgrade option (US$399) but as I live outside USA need to have it delivered to a US address.

I have a contact in US but he is coming home late October. If the GSM version is delayed I'm going to miss out!

Although I don't want a faulty GSM version I also don't want to pay full price if I miss the upgrade option.

ps I take it the Handspring GSM option will not be tied to any carrier ie unlocked. Anybody confirm?

What's a Treo fan boy to do?

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    from what ive heard the handspring gsm will be tied to tmobile at least until tmobiles GSM priority is done then ATT is next in line, so you will have to choose on handsprings site the carrier you will be using. But having said that after a short time Tmobile will provide you with a unlock code. I have had my BBerry for 1 month and i was given a unlock code today and it works fine.

hope that helps
    So, keeping this in mind, does it look like T-Mobile will come out so as to meet the Oct. 29th deadline for the Handspring upRate?
    -- Go Illini!
    Originally posted by chrisfoster
    So, keeping this in mind, does it look like T-Mobile will come out so as to meet the Oct. 29th deadline for the Handspring upRate?
    The Handspring website specifically says that the deal which ends Oct 29 is for Sprint only. There will be a similar deal for each carrier, as they are released, for three weeks after the promotion starts. So the Sprint Oct 29 date doesn't apply to any potential T-Mobile discounts in any way.
    Originally posted by HumP
    Ok spoke with Mohammad at length, the shipments have been delayed, TMobile doesnt want the same thing to happen to them that Orange had happen.

Mohammad and his boss are having a conference call with Handspring tomorrow morning at 10am so we will know the real deal then.

Lets all say our pillow prayers tonight
    I don't buy that for ONE minute....

Orange released their stuff a long time ago and any problems that were identified were identified back then. I have a hard time believing that any software problem couldn't be immediately fixed. Heck, I've had my smartphones patched in minutes when glitches have been discovered.

Spare me....

Something else is afoot here - and it probably has to do with marketing policies.

Either that, or there is just bad info floating around - perhaps to build enthusiasm. I remember how BADLY Handspring handled the 270 roll out.
    The TREO 270 problems were very real, however.

There is another recently-posted-to thread that suggests the "problem" is a mislabeling of the boxes (a critical label got a number wrong). If that IS the problem then it is easy, albeit somewhat timeconsuming, to fix it.

Unlike the TREO 270/90 problem that was almost a TREO-killer.
    FYI - Ingram is still showing stock of unlocked GSM handsets is scheduled for tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12