1.    #1  
    the speaker buzzing like its blown out? Everything else works great and I love the phone but Geez got it 2 hours ago and since sign on it has terrible sound.
    There is another thread that this problem is being discussed by more than one user - probably either a volume problem or an inherent defect.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    There is another thread that this problem is being discussed by more than one user - probably either a volume problem or an inherent defect.
    Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    Hi Bill :-)
    Originally posted by markboy08

Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt
    Come on, Markboy. Enuf is enuf. I know you guys have your beef, but in this instance, SeldomVisitor's info is INFORMATIVE AND CORRECT! There has been previous reports of this issue and your comments is a hinderance to Sooooner getting his issue resolved!

Sooooner, this issue has come up and it entailed a call to Sprint to send out a replacement unit.

Let's try to not forget the whole purpose of this board.
    Originally posted by markboy08

Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    In defense of SeldomVisitor, who, despite the language he uses sometimes, has a hard time on this board, and has as much right as anyone else to express his opinion, the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=buzz.html

does talk about hardware problems with the speaker.
  7.    #7  
    I sould have searched on this issues but I have been keeping close tabs on the board and must have missed the issue with the speaker. I did however call and get a replacement coming. I am a long time reader of the board and new poster. Lot's of good info comes from this board and I am sorry you guys have your differences. All in all I really appriciate your time on my problem!
    i'm on my second phone that the speaker quit on. The first one worked fine for about 3 weeks, then went crackly, then it finally just quit working. Called HS and had a new one sent out, and right out of the box it doesn't work!

what a POS! I NEVER had a problem with my treo 300

-M
    I had this problem also. I searched and found the threads about pressing on the back. But I tried it and the sound was completely fixed when I pressed but just as bad when I let go. So, I threw out caution and pressed very firmly on the back speaker area for several seconds and did this a few times. It's fixed now! It's been four days since I did this and it shows no sign of the problem reappearing.

I think what is happening is that the speaker is very loud and powerful and it some assemblies or in shipping the speaker is touching the plastic and causing this terrible buzz and vibration. My pressing on it the component is being pushed back into the proper position and it's solved.

If you have a replacement coming, no harm in trying it.

Originally posted by SooooneR
    the speaker buzzing like its blown out? Everything else works great and I love the phone but Geez got it 2 hours ago and since sign on it has terrible sound.