Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Today is the OFFICIAL release date for the Treo 600's in Sprint Stores. The store near my house (in Michigan) just got an order in today and I've been hearing other stores in the area have as well. So, if you're looking to go buy a Treo 600, better check out your local Sprint Store today...
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    I DID
    They DIDNT
    They Did not even know what I was asking about, pretty lame.
    Jim
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Intysoft
    I DID
    They DIDNT
    They Did not even know what I was asking about, pretty lame.
    Jim
    Who'd you talk to? The only person who would even remotely know what you're talking about is the Tech (hopefully)! Good luck!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Local Sprint store (Northern CA) told me yesterday that they had paperwork that said their shipment of 600's would be in today or tomorrow (Wed or Thurs). They put me on a list and said they'd call when the shipment arrived. Think they'll call?
    Sprint stores have been receiving their phones as early as yesterday. Each store receives a UPS tracking number so they know when they'll be in. Don't bother with the sales folks. If the store has a technician, talk to them. They are the ones who do the inventory and have all the info.

From what I understand, most stores that will be getting any in will be getting them by Friday or Monday.
    Yeah, I checked in this morning and they said to check back on Friday. Definitely no official launch from Sprint national that I can see. Seems you might have found a lucky store.
    Just got off the phone with a store rep in the greater Seattle area. He said he's been getting flooded with calls about the T600. He said they got a large shipment of the phones, but they're sitting in the warehouse for the time being because there's too many T300's still in the channel!!

This sounds like the typical Sprint MO -- delay a new phone's release because they're stuck with the previous model (this just happened with the Samsung I-500 because the I-330 and I-300 were still out).

If I don't get ahold of a phone by this weekend I think I'm gonna crack up, explode, or maybe raid the Sprint warehouse!

Serenity Now! Serenity Now!
    go.digital
    What you have posted, dulan, does not correlate with this Thread's Subject.

The fog continues...
    dulan;

You had better luck than I did at the Tacoma Sprint store, so I just ordered from Treo Central.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    DsDxp- any idea when the Stores will get accessories, especially the stereo headset adapter? I hear the Radio Shack adapter doesn't fit perfectly.....thanks.
    I called my local stores, asked to talk to the Tech. Started that monday, they were cool, and took my number. There's always one guy there who know wtf is going on. Like Gary, here in South Fl. He called me today, told me he had one for me... I drove like a mad man, and picked it up. Yes... in under 20 minutes I walked away with my phone number switched to my new treo.

I expect the others will be calling me about availability... as I know I was the first on their list. Anyone looking for local pickup in Ft lauderdale area? Pm me.

The keyboard is soooo small, but.. amazingly i'm not messing up.
    So far, very happy
    They told me today 3 weeks.
    Originally posted by nmotion
    I called my local stores, asked to talk to the Tech. Started that monday, they were cool, and took my number. There's always one guy there who know wtf is going on. Like Gary, here in South Fl. He called me today, told me he had one for me... I drove like a mad man, and picked it up. Yes... in under 20 minutes I walked away with my phone number switched to my new treo.

I expect the others will be calling me about availability... as I know I was the first on their list. Anyone looking for local pickup in Ft lauderdale area? Pm me.

The keyboard is soooo small, but.. amazingly i'm not messing up.
    So far, very happy
    Which south Florida Store had them? How much did you pay for it?
    shf
    Originally posted by shfawaz
    Which south Florida Store had them? How much did you pay for it?
    The coral springs store had it today, I paid 599, plus 35 bucks for activation. Send me a PM if you want some info, I think I know where one is.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    What you have posted, dulan, does not correlate with this Thread's Subject.

The fog continues...
    Take SeldomVisitor's posts with a grain of salt -- he is a market speculator betting against Handspring. If you read through his past posts you will see a barrage of recent posts stating that the T600 launch would be significantly delayed, a prediction about which he was proved DEAD WRONG. He has swiftly moved on to attacking the T600 and Handspring on every other grounds he can troll up. I guess there's no limits to the desperation with which a market speculator will spread disinformation in an attempt to further their own financial benefit.
    I put my name on the waiting list at my local sprint store about 10 days ago. Called yesterday and was told no idea when they would be in. Got a call today to say they had two in stock and would hold it for me for two days. Picked up the phone, got home - missing the AC adapter. Went back to the store, where they found my charger.

Guess they must have sold the second one already also. There was another gentleman in line lusting after my phone. The sales rep also told me that he had a call from someone looking for ten of them.
    Edward G Lee
    I called all the stores in orange county and the Irvine location on Barranca had 2 in stock. 1 for display and 1 for sale. I went in today at 6pm Wednesday, actually held it and they wanted $599. I told them Handspring was selling it for $399. They said they NEVER match on-line prices. So after trying to convince them this was the manufacturer and failing. I went home and ordered it on Handsprings website.

Just thought I'd let that 1 lucky person in OC get one in their hands if they can't wait.
    Think I'm all geeked out now... took the next few days off work to wait for my shipment -- I'm siked!

Just ordered mine off handspring.com last night... should be here Friday... $725 got me the unit, car charger and laptop cable.... Does any one know of any mods for the T600 yet??

Has anyone seen a decent SD I/O card for bluetooth/802.11? I'd like to get one of these as soon as the price/quality has subsided. I also plan on buying one 512mb SD card for mass storage.

Paul in IL.