Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    1) For the people who have received their phone already, is your screen centered properly? My screen seems to be too far to the left side of the device. I know that on PC monitors you can shift the screen position, but is this possible on the Treo?

2) Just curious as to how many of you plan on using a screen protector. I used a Brando protector religiously on my Treo 300 and although it is the clearest of the bunch, its presence still bothered me from time to time. I am debating going "bareback" this time, but obviously I have some trepidation about this. I still haven't taken off the plastic that same with the unit and probably wont until I decide what to do.

David
    My plan is to go "bareback" and rely on the $4 per month Sprint replacement plan if something should happen to the screen.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I will go with a screen protector. The warranty is necessary but if you mess up the screen too many times I bet they will cancel you just like VzW's warranty company does. Its the small scratches that get you in the long run on the screens anyways.
    Hi. The same thing happened to me. The screen is off-center to the left of the actual opening. Any clue? Did you fix it? How?

This might be a good excuse for me to return the $600 one I purchased from Sprint and get the $400 HS.

Hopefully, you fixed it. After all this waiting, it'd be quite a shame if our product would be defective.

Thanks.
    How far off centre are we talking about? My Visor screen has been at a strange, but slight, angle ever since I bought it 4 years ago, but I quickly got used to it.

I suspect that short of taking the device apart and physically moving the LCD, there is nothing that can be done - it is a manufacturing/assembly issue. If it is severe, you can probably get it replaced as 'not fit for purpose', but short of that, you will just have to get used to it.
    Pictures of this phenomenon please?
    Originally posted by strongbad
    Pictures of this phenomenon please?
    actually, look at the ad above from TreoCentral -- "Smaller is better ...Sprint Treo 600"

You can see the black space on the right side of the screen (well, "bottom" on this pic....)

But, I think someone said in another thread that the space has to do with the backlighting or something. Can't remember which thread it was ....
    Originally posted by okie_tex

actually, look at the ad above from TreoCentral -- "Smaller is better ...Sprint Treo 600"

You can see the black space on the right side of the screen (well, "bottom" on this pic....)

But, I think someone said in another thread that the space has to do with the backlighting or something. Can't remember which thread it was ....
    I think the picture you mention is misleading as it fairly obviously shows the left (as you look at it) side of the device, and so given the fact the the display is (presumably?) recessed, you will see more of the right side than you will of the left.
    Last edited by kmwmtd; 10/09/2003 at 07:57 AM.
    Let me know if this is normal... I don't think so, for one, and will not accept the product this way. Notice there is a black strip of screen between the end of the image on the dialpad (on the right), and the corner of the phone...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    stubbe, I am not sure it is normal, but mine looks pretty close to yours. I do have a small black strip on the right. I do not have one below.
    Roger
    W.r.t. whether one can "move" the displayed area on the screen to either side as one can with a monitor - the answer is "No".

The display of the TREO, as with the display for, say, laptops, is pixel-based - each individual pixel is a piece of hardware unlike a CRT monitor where one can change a beam position to light a phosphor.

If there were spare pixles on either side the answer would be "Yes".

There are no spare pixels.
    Stubbe, mine is the exact same way and to be honest I never noticed it till you pointed it out.. Damn You!!! Now I'm going to notice it all the time..

Oh well.. $4 a month warranty will be active in 20 days.. Maybe I can get it replaced..

Hey, does that $4 a month warranty cover everything including if I scratch it and such?

Thanks

JOsh