1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

It's great news that people are starting to get their Treo 600's!

I have a couple of quick questions though.

Color:
    What is the actual, in your hand, color of the T600 on Sprint? Is it black or more of a "dark grey" approaching a black color?

Conference calling:
    On the T600 can you conference more than 3 people at once? The T-Mobile documentation says that up to 6 people can be conferenced? I would just like to get a confirmation from actual users experience.

Sprint users:
    Does anyone know why Sprint regulary down't help out old-time users to get new technology at better-than-average rates? I have been a SprintPCS user for 5+ years and I upgrade to new phones each year. Does anyone have a "strategy" where a loyal sprint user can get a good deal on a T600? Lower than $550?

Thanks,
    Dave Lindberg
    According to the in store rep in my area. If I wait until the Treo 600 is in store, I can get $56 off through the handset upgrade program. This doesn't require a new contract or anything, you just must have had your handset for 9 months. The discount is based on the plan you're on and which phone you have, I think. Also, he told me he was authorized to offer me a retention deal where I'd get $100 credit on my account, if I extended my contract one year.

He also told me to call back on thursday to see if they had them in stock, but I think I'm going to try to call the rentention dept and see what they can offer me.
    The color is very dark gray with some silver trim. Dunno about conference calling or rebates for long-time Sprint customers. There was a rumor that in the next 6 weeks or so, Sprint would start offering the same deals to people who have been with them for 18 months or more as they do to new customers, but I have no idea whether that's true. See other threads for more detailed info about the phone's appearance, fit and finish, etc.

http://rabbit.eng.miami.edu/students.../charging2.jpg - good view of the phone's color and trim (this is my phone while charging yesterday afternoon)

http://rabbit.eng.miami.edu/students...sidebyside.jpg - next to the Treo 300, to give an idea of size as well as color

Images hosted by Jaggrey.
    Last edited by wombat2; 10/08/2003 at 09:57 AM.