1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with telesales & two different people confirmed that existing customers will receive a generous discoun on a Treo 600 IF the extend their contract. The deal is as follows: 1 year extended=$100 off a Treo 600, 2 year extended=$150 off Treo 600. This deal will be available in stores as soon as they carry the Treo 600. If you buy from telesales, I think you pay the full price outright, then they credit your account when you call to activate the phone (the discount here you can only apply to your bill). But if you order through customer service, they just send you a phone & bill your account (the discount can be used anyway you choose-it goes in your pocket). The latter way is better for obvious reasons. She also said that instore, it would be an instant discount. So theoretically, when the Treo 600 arrives in store, and you were an existing customer, you could leave the store with a brand new Treo 600 for only $445 IF you extend your contract two years. Incidentally, earlier today I was informed by a CSR that Sprint is introducing a revamped handset upgrade program on Oct. 16th. It's supposed to be a lot more generous than in the passed. This was created specifically because people complained that only new customers got all the great deals. She didn't specify what the discounts would be. So, I think we (existing customers) will all be able to receive generous discounts when upgrading to any phones in the near future-prices that will be competetive to new subscriber discounts. That being said, I'm still broke & can't get one even then!! :-(. I will be able to upgrade from a Treo 300 to a 600 for $200 when I save up the money. I've had 8 300's & worked out that deal with Sprint. Hope that Sprint stores will get more than two Treo 600 though... Good luck all!!
    any idea when the 600 will be out in stores...?
  3.    #3  
    P.S. I do NOT claim tha any of the preposted info is OFFICIAL in anyway. We all know that info we get from Sprint PCS is subject to change, be forgotton, misplaced, or burned at the stake. Pleade take it all with a grain of salt!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    Just got existing customers will receive a generous discoun on a Treo 600 IF the extend their contract. The deal is as follows: 1 year extended=$100 off a Treo 600, 2 year extended=$150 off Treo 600.
    Generous my a**

The T300 I paid $500 for is now selling for $99. I'll be lucky if I get $50 for it.
    Originally posted by paulshu

Generous my a**

The T300 I paid $500 for is now selling for $99. I'll be lucky if I get $50 for it.
    If its any consolation, the Treo 600 you just paid $599 for will be selling for $99 in 2 years or less
    That's the drawback of being an early adopter, you pay for wanting the latest and greatest. If you don't want to pay the $599, then wait until it's $99.

Matt
    As noted in other post, I extended my contract for another year (I just re-uped to one year recently).. and they gave me $100 credit on my november bill. So they have me for 2 years, which is fine. I want vision, and I get my 600 tomorrow morning. (thurs)

The money doesnt matter to me either way... I get november's service for free instead of a 499 phone. Same-same.
  8.    #8  
    This thread may answer many questions.
    Originally posted by nmotion
    As noted in other post, I extended my contract for another year (I just re-uped to one year recently).. and they gave me $100 credit on my november bill. So they have me for 2 years, which is fine. I want vision, and I get my 600 tomorrow morning. (thurs)

The money doesnt matter to me either way... I get november's service for free instead of a 499 phone. Same-same.
    nmotion, how did you order your phone? At a store, by phone? If by phone, what number did you dial?
    go.digital