Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think we're dealing with shades of meaning in my case, I don't have unlimited data, but I have a 20MB plan (which in my case is more than enough) it also costs $19.99. As I read Conrad's E-mail, I need to cancel this ASAP. Kind of annoying, but I can deal with it. I'd rather know the price NOW rather than make myself dataless for however long.

I'll be filling out the paperwork and cancelling the data plan.

We'll see.

Thanks Weebit!
    Originally posted by silverado
    WBO, your efforts are most appreciated! You've done a lot to help many people out!!

Unfortunately, because I already have the unlimited data plan, it seems that can not get this deal The offer states that a new activation is needed (a phone number or a data plan) to get it.

I am willing to extend my contract with T-Mobile, but I don't want to activate another number. Do you know of a way to make it work for me?
    This may seem like a dirty cheat, but is it possible to cancel your Unlimited Data Plan right now. Then when you order from Conrad, have him sign you up for Unlimited Data Plan?
    ...just a thought.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by stephman

This may seem like a dirty cheat, but is it possible to cancel your Unlimited Data Plan right now. Then when you order from Conrad, have him sign you up for Unlimited Data Plan?
    ...just a thought.
    Email Him.... HE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT!!!

YOU JUST HAVE TO CONTACT HIM!
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Exactly what I did. Hopefully I'll get the answers I need
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed

Is his contact information available for those that didn't preorder but are interested?
    I did a _little_ bit of checking on Conrad Chan, and this is what I found.

1. My email from him comes from

Return-Path: <Conrad.Chan@T-Mobile.com>
    Received: from prodimcms01.gsm1900.org ([65.161.188.9])
    by albert.mail.atl.earthlink.net (Earthlink Mail Service) with ESMTP id 1a75zj3bd3Nl3qU0

This resolves to

Search results for: 65.161.188.9

Sprint SPRINTLINK-2-BLKS (NET-65-160-0-0-1)
    65.160.0.0 - 65.174.255.255
    Voicestream Wireless FON-110111846471673 (NET-65-161-188-0-1)
    65.161.188.0 - 65.161.188.255

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2003-10-07 19:15
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

The SPRINTLINK is misleading, I think. The real info is Voicestream Wireless. That makes sense if he is T-Mobile (my Voicestream became T-Mobile also.)

2. Checking on the T-Mobile Website, they have job openings in the Parsippany NY include 2 for National Account Managers, so that part of the story checks out.

3. I called the office contact number (from the e-mail) during lunch time. Sure enough, I got Conrads voicemail. I pressed '0' and got sent to the operator, who politely answered 'T-Mobile, May I help you?". I asked to be connected to Conrad Chan. She put me through to his extension, which gave me the same voicemail message.

4. The information on the agreement is pretty standard info needed to run a credit check. (I have them run for rental properties.) It has been mentioned that you don't need to put all the info down immeadiately either.

In summary, and not claiming this to be a real investigation, the story seems to check out as far as I can tell.

Hope that helped.

P.S. Conrad, sorry for the hangups on your voicemail
    Went to the T-Mo web site and cancelled by
    old data plan. Looks like I was "un-provisioned" within minutes.

Now all I need to do is wait for Conrad to get back to me with the details.

Has anyone gotten their offer from him yet? Are we under $400?
    Has anyone heard back from the national account reps, i.e., Conrad or Mohammad, regarding whether they both require new data plan activation, the time commitments for the data plan and voice plan, whether the phone will be unlocked, the actual release date and the discounted price?
    I e-mailed Conrad first thing this morning when I got my e-mail from him as I've had the unlimited data plan since it became available. He said cancelling it was fine, and I figure I can live without data on my Treo for another few weeks. Look how long we were dataless waiting for the original gprs upgrade! So within seconds of his reply saying cancelling the existing plan would work, I was on the phone to T-Mo CS cancelling my data plan.

Time will tell. And even if it's early November now due to a recall - we'll still have our 600's in hand with newly activated data plans at the earliest possible time.
    The contract is 1 year. If you have an existing contract, it will be extended for a year from the date of the purchase.

Unfortunately, I can't live without the data plan right now.

With the $399 Handspring upgrade coming through, it seems that I could buy from them without having to have a new contract or cancel my data plan and wait.

Still, I'm appreciative of WBO's efforts. This offer is great for new users or those who haven't bought a Treo before.
    So is their a contract on the data plan? If I sign up for it how long do I have to keep it?
    Originally posted by latca
    So is their a contract on the data plan? If I sign up for it how long do I have to keep it?
    I think it's a contract on your service as a whole. The papers sent talk about about a $200 early termination fee. I asked him and he said that it extends your contract for a year. But you should ask him to make sure whether you would get the penalty if you drop data alone.
    Hmmm.....

$399 for an unlocked T600 w/ no new contract? Hmmm...

If there's a $200 early termination fee if I buy from Conrad, I'd expect his price to be $299 or better. I'm not optimistic that this will be the case.

I think I'm gonna re-activate my data plan, say "thanks but no thanks" to Conrad, Sell my 180 and my wife's serial number and be done with it all.

I was already having withdrawl symptoms from not having data services for a day.

If this recall thing goes on much longer, maybe we should start calling the GSM T600 a "Gray Davis"
    yeah, I e-mailed him and he said if you can trade up, there's no way he can beat that...

OTOH - it is not clear now that the Handspring upgrade one will be unlocked...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12