1.    #1  
    - Despite the fact that it took damn near a dozen calls to find someone who knew what was going on to order the phone....

- Despite the fact that my plan has now been changed 3 times in 3 days trying to get ready for this phone. Amazingly long story with an amazing amount of Sprint incompetence....

- Despite the fact they I ordered the phone within half an hour of my friend who lives down the street on Monday, somehow he got his phone today and as of 10:00pm EST my tracking number still doesn't even work.

- Despite the fact that I paid the always fun early adopter fee

- Despite the fact that Sprint managed to bill my account within 3 hours of ordering the phone they have yet to 48 hours later update my account info on their web site with any info about my plan changes.

- Despite the fact that their plans are at an all time low.

- Despite all this I'm a glutton for punishment and still come to this site and read about people playing with their new toys.
    I'm a hopeless early adopter tech addict praying to the gizmo gods that somehow my phone is in transit and will magically appear before the tracking number works....................................PLEASE give me the strength when I meet my friend at Starbucks tommorow that I won't attack him and try to steal his phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WAIT...THE PAIN...TEH HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh the HORROR!!!!!

I think I'll go read a book................
    I fell your pain and actually have the same story: ordered yesterday morning PST and my tracking still doesn't work... Was really ticked off when I saw another CA person order AFTER ME and receive it THIS MORNING

Then again, I'm getting one, so I'm counting my blessings as I'm sure quite a few on this board would like to be in our shoes and just have to wait another 24 hours ... hopefully
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Originally posted by itlan
    I'm a hopeless early adopter tech addict praying to the gizmo gods that somehow my phone is in transit and will magically appear before the tracking number works...
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Misery sure does love company!
    GreenTeeth I feel your pain. I order yesterday morning and tracking number still does not work. I called a 2nd time to make sure the number was correct... (it was)... yet still UPS has no info on my tracking number...

Soooo painful.
    Roger
    I also orders Monday afternoon (about 3PM EST). I called Tuesday morning, confimed my order, and got a tracking number. Over 12 hours later and my tracking number still does not work!!! Every time I hit the "Track" button on the UPS website, I grin like a 4 year old and anxiously await the page to load. In the millisecond I wait for the page to load I envision "Package slated for arrival..." messages. But then reality slaps me hard on the face. My tracking number is still not active. I've been waiting for this phone for months and my Sidekick's just not doing it for me anymore.

I know a few days after this long wait should seem like nothing, but I'm a bit obsessed. I'm getting no work done. The "Refresh" button on my browser is starting to show some serious wear. Is there such a thing as techno-puberty? I'm nervous, giggly, unsure of what's happening, and I have no sense of time except for the here and now. I want my Treo here, NOW.

Anyway, I see that at least one of you has called to confirm your tracking number. I'm sure my number is right, I had the rep read it back to me twice, and l read it back to her just one more time to be really sure. I would assume that a tracking number is not assigned until it is actually slapped to the box and ready to ship. In fact, the rep on the phone told me my order shipped this morning prior to me calling. Does anyone have any idea of why we have tracking numbers, but nothing is tracking?? Please, someone find out.

Oh well, back to continuously hitting "Refresh" on the UPS site for another few hours.
    Your tracking number may be issued, the package may have shipped, but if your number isn't in the website, here's what it means:

With a large business account, like sprint is to UPS, coordination for packages occurs long before the package is in UPS' hands. Sprint puts in the order for the shipment, UPS confirms it, and bills sprint. At that time, sprint has tracking numbers, and they are issued to customers. Then UPS takes delivery of the packages, and ONLY at this time is a tracking number actually attached to a specific box. It may or may not be in their tracking system yet. Once it makes its first stop on its way to your home or office, and is scanned as it is incoming, then it will appear on the website.

Hope that helps. Frustrating, isn't it?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of people who ordered the Treo 600 on Monday (3:30PM). I called early this morning and got my tracking number. When I called this morning the lady told me my phone was already on the shipping dock. It is 12:42AM on Wednesday and still my tracking number is not active. I have called 4 times today to double check and was told to give it until late Wednesday morning as information isn't put in the computer until it arrives at its destination. I guess I am going to bed and will see what a few hours brings. If it is still not active when I get up you can bet I will be right back on the phone to Sprint telesales.

macfan
    Originally posted by ardint
    Your tracking number may be issued, the package may have shipped, but if your number isn't in the website, here's what it means:

With a large business account, like sprint is to UPS, coordination for packages occurs long before the package is in UPS' hands. Sprint puts in the order for the shipment, UPS confirms it, and bills sprint. At that time, sprint has tracking numbers, and they are issued to customers. Then UPS takes delivery of the packages, and ONLY at this time is a tracking number actually attached to a specific box. It may or may not be in their tracking system yet. Once it makes its first stop on its way to your home or office, and is scanned as it is incoming, then it will appear on the website.

Hope that helps. Frustrating, isn't it?
    Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you!
    Originally posted by johnty11
    Oh well, back to continuously hitting "Refresh" on the UPS site for another few hours.
    FYI Guys, I checked a post from LeeLadisky who copied part of his tracking from UPS... It looks like the first scan was around midnight - 1 AM:

----
    Oct 6, 2003 3:05 A.M. OAKLAND, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
    Oct 4, 2003 6:34 A.M. OAKLAND, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
    5:11 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
    12:42 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ORIGIN SCAN
    Oct 3, 2003 12:35 A.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
    ----

So... I guess I'm not going to bed just yet, my [Refresh] button could use some more wear and tear !!!
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Had to check UPS one more time before bed, and there it is. The Holy Grail:

NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
    Oct 8, 2003 12:24 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US ORIGIN SCAN

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Everybody have a good night, with visions of Treo's dancing in your head.
    My order (placed Monday) is finally tracking too:

In Transit
    Sched. Delivery: Oct 8, 2003
    Shipped to: AUSTIN, TX, US
    Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER

AWESOME! AWESOME!!

I am feeling ill. I think I am going to call in sick to work today. Cough... cough... yes, definitely feeling ill.
    Roger