Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay - I am looking for a 2 ring (2 black circles on the connector) headset that incorporates the answer/end call button and potentially a mute button (but the latter is much less important). I prefer the Plantronics over the ear type with a boom microphone, anyone know of such a beast?

Every store I went two had one or both of the following:

1) Nokie 2.5mm version with answer end but it had 3 rings
    2) Non-nokia 2.5mm with NO answer/end button

Thoughts?
    Lee Ladisky
    If I'm not mistaken, the Treo 600 is compatible with any 2.5mm headset that claims "universal" compatibility. This means most 3rd party headsets not specifically designed for 1 phone over another.

My local target store has a ton of different models, as does my local Fry's, Circuit City, and Best Buy. Take your pick, save you receipt, and test the quality.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ardint
    If I'm not mistaken, the Treo 600 is compatible with any 2.5mm headset that claims "universal" compatibility. This means most 3rd party headsets not specifically designed for 1 phone over another.

My local target store has a ton of different models, as does my local Fry's, Circuit City, and Best Buy. Take your pick, save you receipt, and test the quality.
    Ardint,

Thanks - I have a universal one now that doesn't support the answer/end emulation. I have had no luck locating a universal 2.5mm (2 ring) that has this button. Most of the Nokia 2.5mm compatible headsets have this feature, just not the universals. Any ideas on a universal with answer/end emulation?

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Why not take advantage of a headset that allows you to listen to music with the Treo 600 MP3 application; then take incoming calls without changing headsets. The best one for this combination can be purchased at www.skullcandy.com.
    Hey Lee,
    I guess you can't use your Jabra freespeak anymore with the 600.
    I wonder if their is an adapter to go from a 4 conductor to a 3 conductor jack.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Hey Lee,
    I guess you can't use your Jabra freespeak anymore with the 600.
    I wonder if their is an adapter to go from a 4 conductor to a 3 conductor jack.
    Good thought... I'm going to call Jabra tomorrow and talk about their new version. I've had nothing but trouble with my Jabra and I hear the new version is pretty slick.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I too was/am concerned about this - some wwaayy back posts on this topic, I think, referred to a earbud from either Samsung or Sanyo that are both 2.5mm AND have the answer/end. I agree that our choices are limited if BOTH of those things are needed.

On the other hand, there is one other function that the generic 2.5mm ones have that I like - a mute function in line. Using my headset in the office with my 300 as I do, it's a hassle to have to mute via the phone itself, rather than just muting on the earbud cord.

I guess we'll see how things work out. But - I would like to gain more access to headsets that are both 2.5mm and have answer/end.
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Good thought... I'm going to call Jabra tomorrow and talk about their new version. I've had nothing but trouble with my Jabra and I hear the new version is pretty slick.

L
    Do they have a new one out yet?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    besides just a mute/answer button, I'd like buttons to skip forward songs on the mp3 player and adjust the volume. I have had this on other mp3 players and it makes for a huge advantage.
  10.    #10  

I believe so, just can't remember where I saw it... I think it was actually on THEIR website.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Like I said, check my earlier post for stores that carry a WIDE variety of different headset, universal, that have answer/end buttons. I have also seen mute buttons, but they are a little harder to find. Just shop around.

Good luck.
  12.    #12  

Try this site!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4139.html

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I've seen several people reccomend the skullcandy headphones. It looks like they are designed to be used with two devices, like a phone and an ipod. It is not clear to me how it would work with only a phone. Does anyone know?
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    There is a headset adapter available. I just ordered it at this site:

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=HNK8260CON
    Fuzzy, that's a four conductor, three ring plug in that adapter. It is for the current Treos, not the 600.
    I was about to go to sleep, so I'll keep this short...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T ORDER FROM SEIDIO!!!

While I will be the first to admit, they deserve a great deal of credit for being an innovative company and meeting the unique requirements of Treo compatibility, their products suffer from ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE QUALITY! Just take my word for it. I already posted about this in the Treo 300 forum (the topic was cases, I think) and other people shared similar, bad experiences, so I won't repeat it all here.

At least not until morning...
    Someone posted this earlier. Why wouldn't this work on the 600?

http://pc-mobile.net/i700.htm
    Wrong connector (i700-specific). They will develop one for the Treo600 when the Treo comes to Hong Kong.
    is it better to get the bluetooth version of the jabra (w/ a bluetooth SDIO card for the treo 600) or the non-bluetooth version with the adapter? do these jabra's let you answer the call w/o touching the handset or no?
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

Try this site!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4139.html

L
    Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast