1.    #1  
    so we're buying $600 phones that are touted to play MP3's, but they skimp out on including the adapter to use headphones, which looks like it would cost $2 at radio shack....

anyone know where we can purchase these in stock? is it some kind of standard adapter that can be picked up at radio shack?
    Radio Shack has one that needs to be modified slightly to make it work. Ask for the 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter.

I think I will wait to get the Handspring accessory. I saw it on an European website - it's an L shaped special adapter. Actually I might buy the stereo headset too from HS so I won't have to use an adapter.
  3.    #3  
    how does it have to be modified?

will any 2.5mm stereo headset work without an adapter?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Fikse
    so we're buying $600 phones that are touted to play MP3's, but they skimp out on including the adapter to use headphones, which looks like it would cost $2 at radio shack....

anyone know where we can purchase these in stock? is it some kind of standard adapter that can be picked up at radio shack?
    Mobile Planet says they'll have it in stock tomorrow:

Go Here

Enjoy!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    5.99...coming with the phone!
    I have several old mobile phone headsets with 2.5mm jack.
    I would like to take one of those plugs and cut off the wires and then solder it into a set of stereo headphones to listen to MP3 on my mobile phone.

Anyone know the wiring schematics to make this happen.

Accuse me of being cheap, but I do it for fun.
    Thanks!
    Justin
    I bought the adapter from Radio Shack yesterday and cut some of the plastic off the connector so it would fit snuggly in the 600. I plugged in my Bose headsets and the 600 would route only the phone sounds (dial tone etc. ) to the right ear but the pTunes MP3 would still sound from the speaker as well as all the system sounds. Any advice?
    Originally posted by jeeter

Mobile Planet says they'll have it in stock tomorrow:

Go Here

Enjoy!
    Dude,

If 2.5 cents is all you can spare, buy the adapter at Radio Shack! It's $4 cheaper than at Mobile Planet!!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    $9.99! What rip. Mobile Planet is too high. We have them for $5.75. Bunch of other Treo 600 accessories too.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/gdept.asp?dept_id=18-011

Larry
    I'd be interested in making these as well...i've got the parts, just don't know how to hook'em up. Any luck?
    Larry,

You really shouldn't jump on other vendors about pricing. Your San Disk 256 card is $15 more than I paid for it at Costco. Does that make your business a ripoff site?

How about playing nice.

Ken
    I just picked up the 274-373 adapter from RS. You have to take an exacto or utility knife (or dremmel) and take off the plastic around the jack to allow it to work. I also shaved down one of the sides so that I could have the www.boxwave.com sync/charge cable attached at the same time. My Handspring sync/charge cable is at work, so I haven't tested to see if that fits yet.

It was a 30 second mod that saved me $2. Your decision as to whether $2 is worth it to you (as well as shipping, time, etc).
    The SP2J3 from pc-mobile is perfect for the Treo600. I bought several since their min order is $11US. It works great with my 600 in the case. The RS adapter sticks out too far plus you have to hack away the plastic. Looks kind of cheesy on a $500 phone
    Originally posted by rotorwash
    The SP2J3 from pc-mobile is perfect for the Treo600. I bought several since their min order is $11US. It works great with my 600 in the case. The RS adapter sticks out too far plus you have to hack away the plastic. Looks kind of cheesy on a $500 phone
    Website please.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Which Bose Headset do you have?
    http://www.pc-mobile.net/compaq.htm look for the audio adapter for the Ipaq 1910
    Originally posted by jlkoch
    I have several old mobile phone headsets with 2.5mm jack.
    I would like to take one of those plugs and cut off the wires and then solder it into a set of stereo headphones to listen to MP3 on my mobile phone.

Anyone know the wiring schematics to make this happen.

Accuse me of being cheap, but I do it for fun.
    Found this on the board earlier. It was a true blessing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Just wondering if there are any headsets that come ready-made for the 2.5 connection, rather than requiring an adapter.

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by Munir
    Just wondering if there are any headsets that come ready-made for the 2.5 connection, rather than requiring an adapter.

Anyone know?
    They are available, but are rare and limited in choice of course.
    They are yusually bundled rather than sold separately.

So the best solution is still to use an adapter.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Originally posted by Munir

Anyone know?
    Check this out for under $20.00. Handspring branded even!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15007