Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the tension grows..
    -- Go Illini!
    hopefully there is plenty tangible detail. i would have to imagine that this product launch is a significant amount of volume for tmobile for this quater and this delay is seen at a very high level. not just a blimp on the radar. a formal response is required.
    Ben
    Treohunk has removed this post
    T-mobile seems to have better converadge in my area and I would prefer to open a new account with you versus Sprint.
    Mohammad,

Would we work through you to activate the Treo through our existing T-Mobile accounts if we order direct from Handspring? I am just wondering how it would work if we buy the phone direct and then obviously need to activate.

Also, if you think it works, I can offer an email address and gather names of people that would be interested in purchasing this way. I could simply accumulate names and email addresses, and then pass them on to your attention. Let me know if this way would be effective.

php
    php_77,

If you are already a T-Mo customer and the phone you buy from HS is either unlocked (probable) or preconfigured for T-Mo (possible), you don't need the guy from T-Mobile. You insert your SIM and the phone works. There is no such thing as "activating" a GMS phone. Which, btw, is why Mohammad asking who wants to use him to "activate" a phone purchased from HS is a little puzzling.
    My t-Mo contract goes until November 7. Seems I have three options, if Handspring delays their offer for one more week. I could do the weebitobsessed deal, or I could cancel my contract on the 7th, and go with either a deal from T-mo with "new" service (and new phone#) or go through Handspring and get any upgrade deals they offer.
    I am still in on the weebitobsessed deal, but could put whole thing on hold.
    Bob
    Treohunk has removed this post
    Originally posted by treohunk
    well
    i just got an order to take my name off of this website for legal matters. would anyone help me and let me know how to do this?
    i kinda have to do it right away.
    Try and edit your posts, otherwise contact marcus, marcus@treocentral.com.
    M
    I am already with TM. so how would that work, i have to get new number?
    Ben
    Originally posted by treohunk
    well
    i just got an order to take my name off of this website for legal matters. would anyone help me and let me know how to do this?
    i kinda have to do it right away.
    You can go to your posts and edit them.
    Well, at least we know TMobile is aware of TreoCentral.
    i just spoke to Mohammad. It sounds like he will work with humP to update us going forwar. he can still help us get expediated delivery, however for professional reasons he must now work in the background. HUMP please let us know when you speak to HIM, HE THOUGHT HIS SUPERVISOR MIGHT HAVE MORE DETAILS THIS PM.
    Ben
  14.    #54  
    ok he will be sending email out to everyone that has contacted him in the past regarding what is currently going on.

i guess that you can contact me for ?s and ill forward them off to him, something to do with web rights for advertising and such which doesnt allow him to look for sales online, i ll read the email too when i get it soon enough.

im not saying that he cant do it, lets just wait for the emial for clarification.
    HumP

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated.

php_777
    Originally posted by HumP
    ok he will be sending email out to everyone that has contacted him in the past regarding what is currently going on.

i guess that you can contact me for ?s and ill forward them off to him, something to do with web rights for advertising and such which doesnt allow him to look for sales online, i ll read the email too when i get it soon enough.

im not saying that he cant do it, lets just wait for the emial for clarification.
    humP-
    mohammad was great but without being negative is this really a recalll or a supply side isue or marketing restraint? any insight?
    and the next question is what is the next move? wait?
    Ben
  17.    #57  
    Originally posted by ben klieger

humP-
    mohammad was great but without being negative is this really a recalll or a supply side isue or marketing restraint? any insight?
    and the next question is what is the next move? wait?
    I believe that they found the same issue that they found with the orange units and tmobile insisted that it was fixed before recieving shipment.

Tmobile is speaking with Handspring directly in the am, Mohammad is going to keep me updated, WHEN I KNOW YOU ALL WILL KNOW.
    Originally posted by HumP

I believe that they found the same issue that they found with the orange units and tmobile insisted that it was fixed before recieving shipment.

snip...

What happened to the Orange units? I don't remember.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123