Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I meant no offense to anyone and I appreciate all the hard work that some of you, WeeBitObsessed especially, did to help us get the phones as soon as possible. I hope it is legit and you all get your Treos quickly. As for me, I'd rather have the peace of mind and wait a few weeks. I've waited this long, a little bit longer won't kill me.
    Treohunk has removed this post
    Why couldn't a SprintPCS salesperson be as kind as both of these T-Mobile people are...and be online here helping us??? If T-Mo had high-speed (well, higher speed) data connections and had service in NC, I might jump at switching. But....

Matt
    Originally posted by treohunk
    well folks
    i know some of you have some concerns about this, and i would too if i was in your place. the reason that we ask for such information is for your own protection, you dont know how many fraud deals that we face at all times. but if you feel that its something that you dont want to go through, myself and Conrad will certainly understand. we both work for T-Mobile. i can refer back to Hump who was refered to me by T-Mobile 800 number and they told him that he needs to speak to a T-mobile Business sales rep to get this done. you have my name, my email address, and my Cell phone number as well. i work out T-Mobile Corporate Sales office in NYC and the address there is

665 broadway suite 300
    new york NY 10012.

and lastly
    we dont require a credit card number or such, we only ask for your info that are on the account so we can verify that it is infact the owner of that account requiring this device and this service.

if i can be in assistance to anyone please feel free to call me. at anytime. i have taken calls at 11 pm tonight. and i really hope that i addressed your concerns and made you all feel better.

Kind Regards
    Mohammad

As a prior victim of fraud, I was a little hesitant doing business over the phone. So I decided to check out Mohammad's credentials.

For all those who are concerned, I can vouch that Mohammed is indeed a T-Mobile employee. This information was verified using his Sales Rep ID code, which he was willing to share with me in order to verify his identity directly with T-Mobile.

He seems eager to help, so feel free to call with any questions or concerns.

The information he requires from us is to verify our identity when placing orders and making any changes on the account. So he will ask for an email with your SS #, Driver's License # and Date of birth. He said no credit check will be run on existing customers.

The purpose of my post was to let you all know that Mohammad is indeed listed as a valid T-Mobile employee. The rest is up to you.
    Last edited by Jay21; 10/08/2003 at 09:48 AM.
    This seems a little weird. First I tried e-mailing the guy and the e-mail bounced. The T-Mobile e-mail server said that "no such account exists". So I decided to give him a call. The first time I called him it rang forever, no voicemail. Then I called 5 minutes later and he answered the phone.

Secondly, being an existing T-Mobile customer, it seems weird that I would have to give him detailed personal information, to make a purchase using my credit card or add it to my additional T-Mobile account. I asked him why he needed so much personal data and he replied "to verify my purchase". This is bull****. Everytime I have purchased a phone from T-Mobile in the past they just ask me to verify my phone number and password on my account.

This smells fishy. Why does he need my SSN AND my drivers license number? I have done a number of phone purchases from T-Mobile and none of them have required so much personal data.

Beware . . . . .
    Originally posted by crabkilla
    Secondly, being an existing T-Mobile customer, it seems weird that I would have to give him detailed personal information, to make a purchase using my credit card or add it to my additional T-Mobile account.
    He told me that no credit card is needed. The phone will be billed directly to your T-Mobile account. They are getting the phones on 10/13.

When I gave him my cell phone number, he brought up all my account information including my password, last payment made, address, SIM card #, etc.. I have not yet given him the other information he asked for, but T-Mobile verified his Sales Rep ID (22869) as valid and matching his name in the system.

Might all seem weird, but why does his information check out and why did he have all my information by plugging in my cell phone number in the system?
    Originally posted by crabkilla
    This seems a little weird. First I tried e-mailing the guy and the e-mail bounced. The T-Mobile e-mail server said that "no such account exists". So I decided to give him a call. The first time I called him it rang forever, no voicemail. Then I called 5 minutes later and he answered the phone.

Secondly, being an existing T-Mobile customer, it seems weird that I would have to give him detailed personal information, to make a purchase using my credit card or add it to my additional T-Mobile account. I asked him why he needed so much personal data and he replied "to verify my purchase". This is bull****. Everytime I have purchased a phone from T-Mobile in the past they just ask me to verify my phone number and password on my account.

This smells fishy. Why does he need my SSN AND my drivers license number? I have done a number of phone purchases from T-Mobile and none of them have required so much personal data.

Beware . . . . .
    the email bounced? did you call him at the office? or cell phone?
    Ben
    Credit Fraud/Identity Theft is no fun.

Be REAL careful - if something smells, right or wrong, is it WORTH it?
  9.    #29  
    You must have mistyped the email I have been emailing him daily the past 3 days no bounces at all. At least 10-12 emails. If yoiu rthink its fishy just wait for retail no reason to complain just don't do it you feel that way. Sorry for themistypes at dmv on my 7230
    You must have mistyped the email I have been emailing him daily the past 3 days no bounces at all. At least 10-12 emails. If yoiu rthink its fishy just wait for retail no reason to complain just don't do it you feel that way. Sorry for themistypes at dmv on my 7230
    I've gotten an email reply from him as well. I hope I get to talk to him today. I've been getting voicemail all morning.
  11.    #31  
    Ya I msure he's being overun heh he was on the phone with us till 11pm est and I'm sure it began again this morning.
    i spoke with him this am and he is areal nice guy. great service, however, do we have a office number for him, we spoke this am via cell and i would perfer speaking with him from an office? thanks
    Ben
    Just called and got it all setup.

Thanks!
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I'm good to go. We even arranged delivery to the office (not home) on Tuesday morning. (Now I'll be a frequent visitor to the mail department on Tuesday).
    Originally posted by skfny
    I'm good to go. We even arranged delivery to the office (not home) on Tuesday morning. (Now I'll be a frequent visitor to the mail department on Tuesday).
    OK, so how much lighter is your wallet?
    If you are worried about making a deal like this, concerned about giving someone information that you don't know. Consider what occurs every time you pay for something in a restaurant with a credit or debit card. I was asked for no credit card information during my transaction with Mohammad.

Mohammad has given more than enough information for us to verify who he is. He may not have come out directly and said it, but if you're smart you can use what he has listed to follow-up on him.

www.smartpages.com is a wonderful thing. And don't you know it, the voicemail system answers with T-Mobile. Dial by lastname he doesn't show up (Hey, Mohammad, if you read this soon. You might want to have your Telecom folks fix that!), but if you press pound (#) a couple times he is the second name on the list (if I remember correctly).

Thought I'd share with you folks!
  17.    #37  
    The meeting with handspring and Tmobile is almost at hand!! 10am EST is the time for the showdown, we will know more soon.
    Though we are all interested in a full explanation, you probably are going to be "signing" - either vrrbally or actually - a nondisclosure agreement.
    10:30, Hope the meeting wraps up soon.
    Ben
  20.    #40  
    Originally posted by ben klieger
    10:30, Hope the meeting wraps up soon.
    No word as of yet
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast