Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Ok.. please tell me this is normal. At volume level 5, I get a very bad buzz when playing back anything on my 600. It's certainly not crisp, and the speakerphone also sounds terrible.. Someone please tell me that I didn't get a defictive treo....
    Are you playing back a mp3 via pocket tunes? Try adjusting souhd controls on the player...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Are you playing back a mp3 via pocket tunes? Try adjusting souhd controls on the player...
    Nope.. it's a problem with the speaker itself. I called handspring first to verify. Even though the Cust Rep told me that they have not released the phone yet, when I explained the problem, she said that it did indeed sound like a hardware problem, and that I should absolutly call Sprint to have it taken care of. Spoke to Brooke @ Cust. Care, and she did just that. Replacement treo is on the way, should be here by Friday the the latest. I will not be syncing this one, as I will toy more with this unit until my "hopefully" working replacement comes.

I will post a sample of the sound output if I have a chance, but it was really messed up. I tried the tone Waitin, and it's bascially crackeling the whole way through the song. Somethings wrong with the speaker, so I have a replacement on the way. After reading a review saying how good the Sound Quailty on the speaker was, I figured something was up

So, I'm sad, and happy.. I can play, and I have a replacement on the way.. Ah well.
    Mine was defective too. But in my case, the CDMA radio refused to work. The palm part of the device was fine, just couldn't get the phone part to function. Every time you try to turn "Wireless Mode" on, the device did a soft reset. I even brought it to the Sprint store (they were amazed that I actually had one) but they couldn't get the phone to work either.

Called Sprint back and they said they were sending out a replacement immediately.

Hope our problems are not a sign of "bad" things to come.
    enjoy your new toy.. over here in the UK the GSM version is free on a monthly tariff of over 50 pounds (75$) 1 year contract with the tariff only tied to that level for 4 months then you can drop it down to any tariff..
    Originally posted by rventuri
    Mine was defective too. But in my case, the CDMA radio refused to work. The palm part of the device was fine, just couldn't get the phone part to function. Every time you try to turn "Wireless Mode" on, the device did a soft reset. I even brought it to the Sprint store (they were amazed that I actually had one) but they couldn't get the phone to work either.

Called Sprint back and they said they were sending out a replacement immediately.

Hope our problems are not a sign of "bad" things to come.

not defective, just a programming error, have them reprogram it.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    SprintTreo600...

I brought it to the Sprint store and the tech tried to reprogram it many times to no avail. Every time you try to turn Wireless mode on, it does a soft reset in about 10 seconds.

If by reprogram it you mean reflash the firmware. I asked about that and they said that they don't have the firmware to flash.

If you know something, I don't, please share it with me. Otherwise it seems that there is something wrong with the CDMA radio itself.
    My first I700 wouldn't connect to VzW's EN and they replaced it AM NBD. But I expect TC to have theirs selling tomorrow so I can get one by Thursday/Friday.
    Originally posted by treo600mad
    enjoy your new toy.. over here in the UK the GSM version is free on a monthly tariff of over 50 pounds (75$) 1 year contract with the tariff only tied to that level for 4 months then you can drop it down to any tariff..
    Treo600mad, no offense but do you work for Orange by any chance ? You have 6 posts in 6 different threads and in each you have the exact same "infomercial" message

Just wondering
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    My treo 600 that i got today had similar problems. there was no sound in any application and the phone would not work. called sprint , they are sending me a new replacement phone. hope the next one works
    Great another high quality treo!
    Glad I'm waiting.......
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    no problems with mine.
    Carl
    Treo600mad, no offense but do you work for Orange by any chance ? You have 6 posts in 6 different threads and in each you have the exact same "infomercial" message

If you do work for Orange could you please tell us when we'll be able to buy the phone!
    Originally posted by treo600mad
    why do they do their service like that? after 4 months can you cancel? if you do cancel, do still get to keep the phone?
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Originally posted by franknitty69

why do they do their service like that? after 4 months can you cancel? if you do cancel, do still get to keep the phone?
    I don't think you can actually cancel the contract - I think you're stuck with that for a full year - but after 4 months (120 days to be specific) you can change the plan you are on and move to one which is cheaper per month. So you pay 50 a month for 4 months to get a phone for free (yes, the phone is yours), and then downgrade to, for example, a 20 per month plan.
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Great another high quality treo!
    Glad I'm waiting.......
    I'm with you on that one MillerHiFi...

I guess that service providers loading network specific software doesn't help either.
    www.gsmworld.com

How's life in Geneve?
    I lived there for 7 years. Miss it terribly!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    My speaker crackles like that on higher volume also. However, I dialed a number and got on-hold music, and turned the volume up all the way, and no crackle - but it was quieter than the other call at full volume with crackle. I have a feeling that the little speaker can't take that much volume.. and with everything else working so well, I'll hold off to see if others' replacements don't exhibit this problem.
    i'm on my second phone that the speaker quit on. The first one worked fine for about 3 weeks, then went crackly, then it finally just quit working. Called HS and had a new one sent out, and right out of the box it doesn't work!

what a POS! I NEVER had a problem with my treo 300

-M