Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do!

Will this ship with a docking station or will i have to purchase one separatley?

And will i be able to install other software onto it, or am i stuck with the software already loaded?

Chris
    NO -- it does NOT ship with Cradle.

YES -- you can add more software.
  3.    #3  
    So do u get any sort of data cable with it?

Chris
    Originally posted by regul8
    So do u get any sort of data cable with it?

Chris
    Yes it ships with a data cable.
    There are posts out there that list this info and have links to the Sprint business website that list what comes in the Sprint box.

...not trying to be mean or anything, but like the Mods have said, they're trying to clean up the threads.
    It ships with a data cable and an AC charger. You can buy a cradle separately. The data cable lets you sync it and transfer files to the PDA as a cradle does. The AC charger powers it like a cradle does. The advantage of a cradle is that it does both at the same time rather than having to choose, but given that the battery standby time is about a week, this isn't really that big a factor. I doubt I'll buy a cradle, although I probably will buy a car charger.
    And will i be able to install other software onto it, or am i stuck with the software already loaded?

There's absolutely tons of 3rd party apps for PalmOS! That's the whole point of creating a convergence device using the PalmOS! CHeckout various sites like:

palmgear.com
    Freewarepalm.com
    palmopensource.com
    pdagreen.com
    handango.com
    palmvenue.com
    pdatopsoft.com
    etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by regul8
    How do!

Will this ship with a docking station or will i have to purchase one separatley?

Chris
    you have to buy it seperately, instead you use the enclosed hotsync wire (USB) and connect the corresponding adapter directly into the treo...or you can set it up for a network sync...one of my favorites right there!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Ok, this is a weird question I'm hoping to find an answer to along these lines.

Can I use a headset when the T600 is sitting in its cradle?

Seems like a simple answer but from what I've seen, the T600's headset plug is in the base of the unit. Thus, if it sits in the cradle, it must be blocked! I happen to use the phone as my primary line for home and work, so I often sit at a desk and field calls from my phone in the cradle. If I can't use a headset, this is a huge issue!

Can anyone confirm or deny that a headset can/cannot be used when sitting in the cradle?
    The general answer seems to be no. Since the headset plug is on the bottom you can't be in the cradle. Now maybe someone will create a crade with audio like SONY did for their Clie's.

But it has a speakerphone.
    The cradle BETTER allow for headset use - that's how I use my 300 all day long. I do plan to get a cradle, and it really needs to have a pass-through or something for earbud use. Dang it.
    Maybe drill a small hole in the bottom of the cradle for the headset?
    You may not really need a cradle. The cable does the same stuff. When I posted earlier, I stupidly forgot that you can just plug the AC adapter into the cable, so it powers and syncs just like a cradle. The only difference is that the phone would be lying on your desk instead of sitting up in a cradle.
    But there's something about it sitting majestically on it's throne(cradle) for you to sit back and admire its beauty!

...don't mind me, just sitting here imagining my future toy and hopping GSM is release soon...i got issues!
    Get yourself a MiniSync (www.boxwave.com) and you can charge and sync at the same time, plus not have to carry a charger and sync cable with you when you travel....best purchase I've made in a long time.
    Originally posted by robcorn
    Get yourself a MiniSync (www.boxwave.com) and you can charge and sync at the same time, plus not have to carry a charger and sync cable with you when you travel....best purchase I've made in a long time.
    Don't mean to thread jack,
    but are you currently using this with a Treo 300? Does it work well?
    Have you ever had the retractable cables mysteriously retract on their own while connected to the PC and Treo?
    Originally posted by stephman

Don't mean to thread jack,
    but are you currently using this with a Treo 300? Does it work well?
    Have you ever had the retractable cables mysteriously retract on their own while connected to the PC and Treo?
    stephman, I use it everyday on my Treo 270 and have never had a problem with it at all. I've put the charger and sync cable back in my Treo box (for future resale) as they now serve no purpose to me. Also, for fifteen bucks you can get a car charger that the MiniSync plugs right into.
    Originally posted by robcorn

stephman, I use it everyday on my Treo 270 and have never had a problem with it at all. I've put the charger and sync cable back in my Treo box (for future resale) as they now serve no purpose to me. Also, for fifteen bucks you can get a car charger that the MiniSync plugs right into.
    I noticed that car charger/adaptor there.
    Thanks for the info and the link!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nrosser
    The cradle BETTER allow for headset use - that's how I use my 300 all day long. I do plan to get a cradle, and it really needs to have a pass-through or something for earbud use. Dang it.
    I totally agree. I have one primary line for home and work. With a home and two offices, I'm constantly travelling and am a believer that people call people, not places.....

So, in each office and home, I have a cradle with a headset. When I arrive I plug in the headset and plunk it down into the cradle.

So, the function of the cradle is a quick and easy way to have it sit up and charge! When people call, I don't have to pick up the phone, before I answer. If I need to outdial, I simply type in the name and dial. A cradle just makes this very convenient and easy and essential....

This seems like such a minute detail but how could Handspring miss this one! They've thought of everything else it seems like!

Let's hope Handspring proves that you can use a headset with the cradle. A great design would be to have another headset port on the cradle, so I don't have to connect it up each time I set it in the cradle! Unfortunately a cradle is really essential to me! This may mean I stick with my I500!
    so when can we expect the 600 in retail...? like in the sprint stores...? what's the 10/10 date about....?
    Let's hope Handspring proves that you can use a headset with the cradle. A great design would be to have another headset port on the cradle, so I don't have to connect it up each time I set it in the cradle! Unfortunately a cradle is really essential to me! This may mean I stick with my I500!
    You would have almost the exact same experience if you used the supplied cables instead of a cradle. It would be less upright and positioned but easier to move around slightly or handhold so you could type without unplugging it. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me, personally.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast