Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by nrosser
    just so you know - you can move from field to field in the Add Contact area by just mashing the scroll down button - that goes from Last Name to First Name, etc...
    (also - using the Arrow Up key along with scroll up/down keys gets you from field to field sometimes in Blazer - it always will work in getting you from linkl to link, just as with the jog wheel in Blazer...)
    nrosser, I was thinking the same thing. It's sad to see that brickjr had to use his Treo 300 without knowing this. I think I asked about this right before I bought my Treo 300 because it seemed like a major flaw when I played with it in the store, but my question about it was answered quickly thanks to these forums.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by wombat2
    It is heavy, but in a good way. For lack of a better way to put it, it feels expensive.
    Good, because it is expensive.

However, I think I'm actually already just about as fast as I was with the Treo 300, although I make slightly more typos.
    This must be your imagination. Handspring wrote these revolutionary AI routines so that it knows exactly what key you meant to press, thus eliminating typos.

If you have big fingers and you want to use it to type any serious amount of text, I'd recommend testing it out first.
    Define "big fingers."

I have used only the pre-installed software, so I can't guarantee that all software works with it. But, all software that I've tried works with it.
    Please post your findings with using 3rd party software. I suspect the developers will have to modify their apps to take advantage of it, but would be pleasantly surprised to hear otherwise.

As noted elsewhere, reception seems equal to or perhaps better than the Treo 300. I can't compare directly since the Treo 300 became deactivated at the same time the 600 was activated. My gut feeling is that reception is a tad better, but I'm not positive.
    I'm extremely interested in this. If anyone can compare the 600 to the 300, please post your results. Also, please pay no attention to the signal strength meter as these are fairly meaningless. Instead, find a place where your Treo 300 can barely pick up a signal but frequently loses the signal and see if the 600 is better. Thanks in advance.

Everyone who's seen it so far has oohed and aahed about it. It looks smart, stylish and expensive ...
    Good, because it is expensive.

The plastic tip screws off and is used to reset the device.
    Well, that's too bad. Many manufacturers are making the hole big enough for the tip of the stylus these days. Still, it's a minor issue so long as it doesn't need to be reset often.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    How is the battery life?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123