Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So are you saying that you can NOT attach a 640x480 jpg, taken with the T600, to an email and email it to someone?

The only way to get that 640x480 jpg to somewhere is to sync?
    Hope I phrased it properly so you understand my question.

For example, I can take a 640x480 pic with my Nokia 3650, attach it to an email, and send that email from the phone to say my home email address.
    There may be (probably is) a way. I'm using the "share" feature in the photo program. If I save it instead, and use the popmail program, I probably could e-mail it as a file attachment. I haven't set up popmail yet ... don't really want to get that involved until I sync.
    Originally posted by wombat2

There may be (probably is) a way. I'm using the "share" feature in the photo program. If I save it instead, and use the popmail program, I probably could e-mail it as a file attachment. I haven't set up popmail yet ... don't really want to get that involved until I sync.
    Cool wombat2! thx for the speedy reply.

gawed! I'm so amped to get the GSM version...the wait is killing me!

Thanks again.
    sprint, handspring, what ?

I just found a place called www.treo600.net, has anyone heard of them yet ?
    If anyone would like to see first-hand what they look like, post your e-mail address and I'll send you a photo (unless I'm deluged with requests).
    hump@humpster.net
    - speaker volume, microphone, etc

These all seem good. The speakerphone speaker is on the back of the phone, which seems a bit odd. I guess that's just where it fit.
    Wombat, everything you said here is correct. My first impressions are very similar to yours.
    One note about the speaker phone. It MAY be on the back, by design. Place the phone on a hard surface when using the speakerphone. It resonates and sounds louder and clearer. This is the same design as the old LG TP3000 (the first smartphone), and it had the BEST speakerphone I have ever heard on a cell phone.
    Carl
    over here in the UK the GSM version is free on a monthly tariff of over 50 pounds (75$) 1 year contract with the tariff only tied to that level for 4 months then you can drop it down to any tariff..
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano

Wombat, everything you said here is correct. My first impressions are very similar to yours.
    One note about the speaker phone. It MAY be on the back, by design. Place the phone on a hard surface when using the speakerphone. It resonates and sounds louder and clearer. This is the same design as the old LG TP3000 (the first smartphone), and it had the BEST speakerphone I have ever heard on a cell phone.
    When you set it down flat on the table, because the speakerphone speaker is on the back, does it muffle the sound? Is the design such that their is open airspace to the speaker?
    If you want, I'll host them for everyone
    Last edited by RAF2; 10/08/2003 at 01:23 AM.
    I want a Treo 600!!!
    Originally posted by treo600mad
    over here in the UK the GSM version is free on a monthly tariff of over 50 pounds (75$) 1 year contract with the tariff only tied to that level for 4 months then you can drop it down to any tariff..
    dude what's up with this? you've now successfully posted it in about 4 different threads. find the right fourm and start a new thread. easy
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    hump, raf - just check that URL I posted earlier, the photos I've uploaded so far are there. I'll send some 640x480 ones soon (I just synced the 600 for the first time).
    nice and thanks wombst2, if you can't tell yet i'm griping about the fact my phone is in india, so if i mention it do not even bother reading that sentence lol. anyways, id post a bunch of pictures on my site, but my phone is in india grrr

lol
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    JD007,

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is Sprint BC Palm client? I will probably so "duh" after you tell me, but please enlighten me. Thanks,

Russell
    Sprint BC Palm client = Sprint Business Connection Palm client. It is an email package that comes with the Sprint version of the Treo 600.

For more info...

https://bc.sprintpcs.com/subscriber/login.stp

Hope that helps,
    Roger
    Very nice first impression review. the stuff re the camera was especially helpful as well as the other subjective reactions.

do you have any experience on syncing with the Outllook conduit to Outllook on your PC?

I curently sync my T300 to Palm Desktop, but am planning on using the T600 Oultook conduit to sync to Outlook rather than to Desktop.

Have you or any of you made such a change in syncing pathways?

Thank you.
  15.    #35  
    I have been syncing with Outlook for years and I've never had any issues. The conduit software works very well.

In my opinion, your best bet is to reinstall the Palm software that came with your Treo 300. When it asks if you will be syncing with Outlook or Palm Desktop, choose Outlook this time. The conduit software will automatically be installed. Then, sync your Treo 300 at least one more time to ensure that all the info from your PDA makes it into Outlook.

When you get the Treo 600, you will probably want to uninstall your current version of Palm Desktop to install the updated version Sprint gives you. Since you're already syncing with Outlook, it won't really matter anyway. When you install the new software, just choose to sync with Outlook again and your info from Outlook will be synced to your new device automatically. All contacts and appointments should still be intact.

Hope that helps...
    hi !

how's the screen resolution with graphic apps ?

...i'm going to use astrology software and other geeky graph apps on it so i would really appreciate your advice.

do you run any graph app already ?
    which ones (so that i go get screenshots over the internet if you can't post them)

THX !
    Originally posted by stephman

So are you saying that you can NOT attach a 640x480 jpg, taken with the T600, to an email and email it to someone?

The only way to get that 640x480 jpg to somewhere is to sync?
    Hope I phrased it properly so you understand my question.

For example, I can take a 640x480 pic with my Nokia 3650, attach it to an email, and send that email from the phone to say my home email address.
    I'm hoping that is a Sprint issue, and not a Treo issue. T-Mobile's MMS system works well, and very easily. I have no problem with my current T-Mobile phone just clicking send, and putting in an e-mail address and having it show up there at 640x480.
    I think it's partly a wombat2 issue.

When you receive the e-mail, there's a 293x180 version in your inbox. But you can click to enlarge it, which takes it to about 400x300. You can then click to enlarge again, which takes it to 640x480.

I assume that's the complete image rather than just a stretched version, but I'm not quite sure yet. I was going to post those images to the wombat2.textamerica.com page, but wanted to wait until I finish setting up so I can directly export some images to the PC and verify that they're the same as the double-enlarged ones in e-mail.
  19. OJM
    My 600 is UPS tracking as "Out for Delivery" - very excited. In the meantime, a quick question. I am giving my 300 to a friend and don't know whether to give him the cradle or save it to use w/ the 600. I assume the cradle is incompatible as the form factor has changed - correct? As always - thnx for the 411!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    It does not fit in the cradle. I have seen a picture of the new cradle floating around on these boards. The owner said the form factor differneces between the models make it impossible to use the old cradle. Note that the adaptor is the same, so cables and whatnot work, but the cradle won't.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast