1.    #1  
    can someone here post what their experience has been so far with signal strength on the 600 comapred to the 300?

Is there a better chipset on this phone for signal?
    '
    It's hard to compare for sure, since my Treo 300's service died at the same time the 600's service began. So I can't do side-by-side comparisons. It seems about the same or a little better, in the little time I've used it.
    I agree, it is at least the same, if not slightly better. My house is a marginal area. If I sit still, I can talk and that seems to be about the same with the T600.
    Carl
    I'm getting one more bar on the signal stregnth indicator than I usually do here at home...
    Originally posted by Fikse
    I'm getting one more bar on the signal stregnth indicator than I usually do here at home...
    That means nothing. The bars could be calibrated differently.
    Wombat/Fiske,

You switched your numbers from your Treo300 to the Treo600 (i.e. you just changed the phone, still the same number as before)? If so, how did it go (provisioning for data)? Were you charged an activation fee?

Thanks!
    Matt
    no activation charge..... the phone was provisioned for both voice and data within an hour...

the rep who activated the phone had no idea how to do it.... she was reading from a script that she had neven before.... but it worked!