1.    #1  
    I have my Treo - so far it's very user-friendly. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to configure POP mail. Does this require 3rd party software?

I thought Seven's e-mail software was going to be included, but it wasn't with my T600.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bujin; 10/07/2003 at 04:21 PM.
    I don't know if the Treo 600 comes with its own email client.

However, you can download and install Snappermail from snappermail.com. It comes with good instructions on how to configure your email.
    Bujin, just to clarify -- you have your Treo 600 for Sprint's network?
    click the mail app that is a standard app in all of them. bring down the menu and under options there is new account...hit that and set everything up and BAM you're in.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Do I need to sync with my computer. I don't see a mail app yet but I have not installedany software from the CD.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Originally posted by PocketAddict
    Do I need to sync with my computer. I don't see a mail app yet but I have not installedany software from the CD.
    I would imagine, perhaps somewhat naively, that all the applications that come with the phone are pre-installed, and the CD is only for HotSynch, Desktop etc. This is based on the situation with my Visor - admittedly a few years ago now.

Have you looked in all the Launcher categories? The best way to be certain is to switch to the 'All' category.

P.S. Since I'm not sure what level of experience you have with PalmOS, I apologise if any of the above is already known to you.
  7.    #7  
    The default "mail" client seemed to only be for SMS - there wasn't a mail program that I could locate. I downloaded Snappermail, which is working fine.

Thanks!
    My DSL has been down for hours. Owned a few early Palms in the late 1990's and switched to PPC in 2000(went through 6 of those things). Back to palm because of the UX50(keyboard Wi-Fi and BT) and now the Treo. Still adjusting to the palm OS since it has only been one month. I cannot find a mail client. I called Sprint. The tech actually told me that I could not have a tREO 600. tHEN WENT ON TO TELL ME THAT i WOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE A 3RD party application for e-mail.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    I went thru the Treo 600 user guide from Sprint and found that the built in mail application is meant to be Business Connection. There is no POP client in the ROM or on the CD. It is just BC.

You tap the Get BC icon to download the Business Connection client over the air - very cool! I could not get it to work yet and suspect that Sprint may have jumped the gun. I'll wait a few days to see if they get the background stuf working.

Meanwhile I am going with SnapperMail as it has the best attachment support for POP3 accounts.

PS the download functionality in Blazer is very cool.