Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought I read in a post today that someone had ordered a third party (or aftermarket?) case for their incoming T600 (anticipating the poor nature of the case shipped with the unit). Are there any cases on the market currently?
    I have this for my Treo300 and it is supposed to also fit the 600. It is an excellent holster and the newer model also allows you to order a pouch for the SD card/earphone.

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/TREO.html

Its well worth the money and their service is outstanding.
    I have the NutShell (aka Tuff-As-Nuts) case mentioned above and also love it. I'm not sure how the same case, though, would provide a tight fit for both the 300 and the 600, given the different form factors. As a backup, I've order the leather side-loading case from Mobile Planet. I think this is a Handspring accessory:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....9DC7&listing=1
    Looking at the tuff-as website, they now list a case for the Treo600
    The reason I think the Tuff-As-Nuts "Nutshell" will work for both the Treo300 and the new 600 is because what the 600 lacks in width, it makes up for in thickness. The .1" difference in the height won't make any difference at all. Here are the dimension on the two if your interested.

Handspring
    Treo 600 (4.41" x 2.36" x 0.87")
    Treo 300 (4.3 x 2.7 x 0.82)

I think you'll find its an excellent choice for the money.

Last edited by norpah; 10/07/2003 at 03:19 PM.
    Good point, norpah. Do you have your 600 yet? If you get it this week, post a note about how it fits. I'll do the same.
    rasatter - kewl, just noticed you're a Richmonder also Where? I'm out in the West End (almost Glen Allen). Haven't run by the SPCS store in Short Pump yet, but spoke with one of the CSR's there and he really knew his stuff. So, might go see what they have in stock there after 10/15 (plan change, etc.) and maybe I can get lucky and just walk out with one in hand.
    www.covertec.com will come out with a treo 600 case at the end of october....

markus
    Vaja & EB Cases are also supposed to have cases out soon.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I just tried my Nutshell Treo 300 case with my spanky new Treo 600. As guessed above, the thickness does indeed make up for the size difference in terms of giving the device a fairly snug fit in the case. Thus, this case is workable and will certainly be sufficient to keep the 600 safe for now. It certainly is better than the case which came with the 600.

However, the case is definitely wider than it needs to be, so I wouldn't look at it as a long-term solution. Hopefully, Nutshell will make a case specifically for the 600 soon.

One caveat: my Nutshell case has a tiny bit of red fabric at the inside top which the 600 seemed to get caught on during removal. If you decide to snip this piece of fabric off (as I did), make sure you get it off completely rather than just cutting a piece off. If youy do the latter, it will leave a sharp end at the top of the case which may scratch the screen.

David
  11. sda
    A company in Sweden by the name of Krusell (www.krusell.se) makes outstanding cases in a variety of different form factors. They are distributed in the U.S. through www.razzy.com. I have purchased cases through 'razzy' in the past and they have outstanding customer service.

I sent an email to razzy.com customer service to find out when they might get a case to fit the new Treo 600. They in turn got in touch with Krusell. Here are the responses:

"I have received a reply to your question below regarding the Treo 600 Krusell case. Here is what Krusell said:

'We are still awaiting a unit for production, but should be receiving it by the end of this week. When the case will be available is difficult to say right now.

Best Regards
    Krusell/Sweden'

What this means is that Krusell is awaiting a Treo 600 unit to design a case for it. Then after the case is designed it usually takes about 30-45 days to manufacture and stock for resale."

I sent my email out to them on Monday, so they hope to have a unit by 10/10. With that info, it would seem that 'razzy' will have the cases sometime between mid-November and early December. Once I get my GSM Treo 600 (for Cingular), I'll be on the lookout to order a case from them. You might want to do the same.
    Available for shipping today, they say:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....BPB8&listing=1

If that link doesn't work, go to mobileplanet and search for Treo 600, then scroll down. It's a side-closing leather case with a belt clip for $20. I am guessing that the headset jack if exposed, although I'm not sure. All I know is what's in the ad. I don't have one and haven't ordered one. But I figured that might scratch some itches re: upgrading cases in a hurry ...
    Hi guys,

We have obtained a Treo 600 from the local agent, and while it will fit into the Nutshell we offer for the earlier Treo models, it is a tad loose.

However, we find that the Treo 600 fits just fine into our recently modified #203 case - which is the existing case with double-stitched sides to slim it down.

The result is a Nutshell that holds the Treo 600 snug-as-a-bug -
    tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html

And as a plus, the #203 should also accept the Treo 600 with its extended battery.

Due to the fact that our holsters are somewhat like a leather envelope - push the sides together and the depth of the case increases - there is enough 'slack' in this holster (without being a 'sloppy' fit) to give the extra depth that the extended battery will demand.

BTW: that red tag is a part of our branding...and has been relocated to the outside of our holsters, so there is no need to be concerned about any possible screen-scratching.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nutshell; 10/08/2003 at 05:55 AM.
    Ian @ Nutshell
    "When you least expect it...always expect the unexpected."
    Originally posted by nutshell
    Hi guys,

We have obtained a Treo 600 from the local agent, and while it will fit into the Nutshell we offer for the earlier Treo models, it is a tad loose.

However, we find that the Treo 600 fits just fine into our recently modified #203 case - which is the existing case with double-stitched sides to slim it down.

The result is a Nutshell that holds the Treo 600 snug-as-a-bug -
    tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html

And as a plus, the #203 should also accept the Treo 600 with its extended battery.

Due to the fact that our holsters are somewhat like a leather envelope - push the sides together and the depth of the case increases - there is enough 'slack' in this holster (without being a 'sloppy' fit) to give the extra depth that the extended battery will demand.

BTW: that red tag is a part of our branding...and has been relocated to the outside of our holsters, so there is no need to be concerned about any possible screen-scratching.
    Nutshell, that's great of you to come on here and provide that information for us!
    Much appreciated!
    I"m looking for a thin, soft, glove-leather case like I got for my 300 from Casetechworks.com. They are not showing anything for the 600 on their site. I just sent them an email about it and will post any reply I get.
    *Gags* those cases all look horrible. It totally defaces the value of this phone. If your going to pay that money for such a horrible product how about I just sell you my mother's old eyeglass case! lol! This Can't Be 4 Treo,...There's Gotta Be More!!
    Originally posted by rasatter
    As a backup, I've order the leather side-loading case from Mobile Planet.

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....9DC7&listing=1
    Rasatter,

Very interested in your assessment of this case.

Thanks,
    Not surprisingly, the Nutshell 203 has arrived long before any other accessory and is an excellent modification. Mobile Planet has delayed my order for all T600 accessories for about 7-10 days, because they say Handspring pushed back the delivery date. So, while I thought I'd order the HS side case as a backup, my order from Nutshell (in New Zealand no less!) has already arrived. The fit is not air-tight, but you wouldn't want that because it could put unnecessary pressure on the exposed keys. The double stitching is, however, an effective modification that provides for a more snug fit. Overall, this is a great case and I commend Nutshell for getting it to market so quickly.
    Not surprisingly, the Nutshell 203 has arrived long before any other accessory and is an excellent modification. Mobile Planet has delayed my order for all T600 accessories for about 7-10 days, because they say Handspring pushed back the delivery date. So, while I thought I'd order the HS side case as a backup, my order from Nutshell (in New Zealand no less!) has already arrived. The fit is not air-tight, but you wouldn't want that because it could put unnecessary pressure on the exposed keys. The double stitching is, however, an effective modification that provides for a more snug fit. Overall, this is a great case and I commend Nutshell for getting it to market so quickly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast