1.    #1  
    OK, I'm at my wits end! I've tried to purchase this phone multiple times but I can't get the deal I really want! Calling 888-253-1315 gets me in touch with people who can order the phone for me, but $600 is a bit steep. So when I ask for discounts/service credits they say,

"I can't do that for you. You'll have to call customer service. Do you want me to transfer you there?"

To which I say, "Sure."

Once connected with Customer Service, the CSR will either say, "That phone is unavailable for purchase", or "You can purchase the phone for the full price, there are no discounts, service credits, etc. available for existing customers. Only way I can give you a discount is if you add a line. Do you want to to that?"

Of course my answer is, "No thank you." And the process starts all over again.

So I'd really like to know what strategies have been successful for other existing Sprint PCS customers trying to get the Treo 600 at a discount?
    go.digital
    1. be nice
    2. keep calling, i called all the 800 #s posted here, and *2. I have a feeling they all connect to the same place.
    3. have patience
    Originally posted by dulan
    OK, I'm at my wits end! I've tried to purchase this phone multiple times but I can't get the deal I really want! Calling 888-253-1315 gets me in touch with people who can order the phone for me, but $600 is a bit steep. So when I ask for discounts/service credits they say,

"I can't do that for you. You'll have to call customer service. Do you want me to transfer you there?"

To which I say, "Sure."

Once connected with Customer Service, the CSR will either say, "That phone is unavailable for purchase", or "You can purchase the phone for the full price, there are no discounts, service credits, etc. available for existing customers. Only way I can give you a discount is if you add a line. Do you want to to that?"

Of course my answer is, "No thank you." And the process starts all over again.

So I'd really like to know what strategies have been successful for other existing Sprint PCS customers trying to get the Treo 600 at a discount?
    Try 888 233 3538.
    I feel your pain. I finally got a good rep in Customer Service who knew what she was doing. She was able to confirm that she could add the phone to my existing plan which is very excellent since I have a great plan and I don't really want a new one. She tried very hard(put me on hold a several times) to find the Treo 600 in their systems. She did find it for preorder, but she was unable to give me the $100 discount on a pre-order, so she took my number down and told me that she'd check in a week and if it was released in the system that she'd call and we'd get it all setup. I want this phone a lot, but I'll wait to get it since I know without a doubt that I can get a $100 discount and I won't have to change my plan thus having to pay more. Also, I've been told that on the 15th, Sprint will be revamping their rebates and that existing customers will like it much better. The $100 discount is for doing an add-a-line to my existing count. The rumor I've heard on the new discount is that if you're had your existing phone for 18 months that you can get the same discount as a new user. I'm guessing that there will be varying degrees to that upgrade plan as 18 months is an awful long time to have a phone. I don't think I've ever had a phone that long.
    I'd suggest calling and saying you want to cancel your service. If Sprint is anything like AT&T (I cancelled to move to T-Mo and get a Treo 180) you'll immediately be transferred to a telemarketing type whose job it is to keep you from switching. In my case he had no chance because AT&T had no GSM at the time.

Play hardball. No need to be nice anymore. You've been there already and got nothing to show for it. Remind them that number portability is coming and there are other options available for getting a T600. If you're dead set on CDMA, you can only blame yourself for the treatment you're getting.

Hate to say I told you so!
    I must have about 15 different numbers for sprint.
    the one i call the most is 888-253-1315
    I placed an order this morning.
    i am an existing customer
    phone $600 - $150 for resigning
    this was at 9:30 am
    it is now 3:30 pm and there are no notes in my account and nothing seen as order
    my rep as marcus, and took a "paper order"
    what to do?
    no one else i talk to will offer a discount
    and i am afraid of re-ordering.
    andres