1.    #1  
    Congrats to everyone who has their Treo 600... that just means I'll have mine that much sooner.

So here's a question... I have reason not to buy the Treo 600 through Sprint, but obviously will get it activated by them. If I bring them the phone and want to activate it with a 2 year contact, can I get a discount? Don't they want to give me a discount to lock me in, or does a phone purchase need to occur?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I thought I would ask.
    Looks like its tied to the contract renewal and in some cases with CS new customers.
    It's not not tied to anything. I was going to post a new thread on this exact topic. Everyone seems to be getting diferent discount offers. Some being offered no discount at all. Bottom line is if you don't like what's being offered to you, you can call back and speak to someone else. I was told this by somone in the retention department. He said that he basically had $200 "to play with". Meaning that he could offer me up to $200 in discounts, credits etc. But it was up to him what if anything he would offer. And the better the customer you are (the more $$$ you spend), the more he would be willing to offer (it only makes sense to "retain" the customer who spends the most). Back when the Treo 300 came out I paid full price for it. Then a few months later it was discounted for new customers. I called and said I would like a credit for the $100. I spoke to numerous csr people who thought I wa crazy. Then I finally reached the right woman in the retention department & she said ok I'll credit your account right away. Just like that, no questions asked. The key is speaking to the people that have the power to do that. That would be a "team lead" then if that doesn't work "retention department". Just keep trying different people until you get what you want. The retention guy CONFIRMED that this how it works. He told me himself that if I don't get what i want, to call back until I reach the right person who will help me. He was very honest with me about the politics of their "system". Good luck!!

P.S. Try this SprintPCS number for almost no waiting:877.349.4413
    Nice to know as a new customer. I am going to go with TC. $150 off for new customer and $50 rebate. Worth the wait.
    Originally posted by Reevis
    Congrats to everyone who has their Treo 600... that just means I'll have mine that much sooner.

So here's a question... I have reason not to buy the Treo 600 through Sprint, but obviously will get it activated by them. If I bring them the phone and want to activate it with a 2 year contact, can I get a discount? Don't they want to give me a discount to lock me in, or does a phone purchase need to occur?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I thought I would ask.
    $150 instant i think. definately 150 not sure if its instant or not though.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    So you received a $300 discount in the form of $150 now and $150 later? So your Treo 600 price was $299?