1.    #1  
    Just got off the phone with Sprint. I was laughing so hard I couldn't cry ...

Talking to telesales --

Me: Hi, my contract is up on Oct 10th and I'm thinking about renewing it with the 5% credit in this recent email I received.

SPCS: I can help you with that.

Me: Thanks, but before I do, I would like to upgrade my phone to the Treo 600. Can you give me the pricing details on this phone?

SPCS: I don't see the Treo 600, just the Treo 300. Can I send you this phone?

Me: No, I already have a Treo 300, I would like a Treo 600.

SPCS: Let me check our website. (pause, keys clicking in background) I don't see it on our website. So, its not available.

Me: Click on the business tab and you will see it there.

SPCS: I don't have access to the business section, may I transfer you to them?

Me: Sure.

SPCS: Before I do, you do know you are entitled to 50 minutes of free LD?

Me: Yes, and no, I do not want it. Could you put it my account notes not to ask again?

SPCS: OK, I'll transfer you.

Short wait -- no really, like 15 seconds -- now talking to business consulting ...

SPCS: This is X, how can I help you?

Me: I would like to get information on how to order the Treo 600, please.

SPCS: It's not available.

Me: Yes it is, I beleive it was released for distribution yesterday.

SPCS: No, it wasn't and no one can get one yet. Maybe in a week or two.

ME: I know for a fact that people have ordered the phone and that some have already received theirs. All I would like to do is place my order.

SPCS: Just because someone ordered and received the phone from us doesn't mean its available.

Me: (incredulously) What????

SPCS: I'm telling you, just like I tell all the other customers, that the phone is not available. I don't care whether or not someone else has one.

Me: Thanks, I'll call back later.

With my contract up at the end of this week ... I have to seriously considering switching with this kind of response. There is no doubt in my mind that they are losing 10,000 customers each month. They may have just lost another.

Too bad, too. I liked their coverage, but their service is atrocious.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Reading through the posts from yesterday and today, it seems like several people (including me) had success calling 1-888-253-1315.

Good luck!
    Man, you must be getting the exact some morons that I've been getting! I got one yesterday whom I asked about getting a discount and how much. This was supposedly the Business Services number I called yesterday(1-888-788-4727). It went something like this:

Me: "Can you tell me if a discount is available if I sign a new contract and how much it would be?"
    SPCS: "Yes, sir, you can get a discount, but I can't tell you how much. You'll have to go to a store to find out how much."
    Me: "Why do I have to go to a store? What's the difference between going to the store and talking to you?"
    SPCS: "Sir, they specialize in handsets and we don't, so I can't tell you how much you might could get."
    Me: "What's the discount have to do with the handset?"
    SPCS: "Sir, I suggest a visit a store to find out exactly how much of a discount you are eligible for."

I've been so lucky not have to deal with CS in all my years with SPCS, but I have to say that dealing with these morons after the last few days makes me want to leave.

Anyways, I can totally believe that the rep said that.
    TJD,

Just keep calling until you get someone who knows what the hell is going on. Out of 3 yesterday, 1 didn't know anything about it / couldn't find it, another found it but wouldn't give any discount, the 3rd found it offerred $100 each line in service credits if I buy 2 of them - which I asked to do...however she couldn't get it to order. She's suppose to call me this afternoon, hopefully, with the news that her supervisor was able to help her get them ordered.

I called the CSR number directly, and the woman's name is Beth. Remember, she hasn't fulfilled it yet with the T600's though - but she at least found them ;->

Good luck!

Matt
    OMG, will you all quite with the whining about customers service. I've had nothing but good experiences with Sprint, and bad with T-mo and AT&T. All customer service in most industries is going to be bad unless there incentives for them to be nice to you, or they get paid more than $8/hr, and even then you'll always get bad CSRs.

Go ahead to go with another provider. It will be the same as it is with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    This lousy customer service is typical of Sprint. Call back and hope for someone more competent...
    I successfully placed my order this morning. I got really mad and frustrated with the same info you were getting. I kept hanging up and calling back until I found someone who did help. It helped that he was interested in the phone and couldn't wait to get his too. Wes id# WWWARD02.
    Called back this afternoon and have a tracking number.
    Originally posted by slffl
    OMG, will you all quite with the whining about customers service. I've had nothing but good experiences with Sprint, and bad with T-mo and AT&T. All customer service in most industries is going to be bad unless there incentives for them to be nice to you, or they get paid more than $8/hr, and even then you'll always get bad CSRs.

Go ahead to go with another provider. It will be the same as it is with Sprint.
    Guess I'm just lucky, but I've never had any problems with AT&T or T-mobile's customer service. The only reason I left AT&T was because they didn't carry the Treo when they first came out, and T-mobile (Voicestream at the time) did. Customer service has been great with both providers. When I've had to call (one time even included having to replace a defective Treo 180) I have gotten knowledgable reps who dealt with my problems promptly and were quite friendly. Even when I've asked about the Treo 600 they've given acceptable answers. I've never had Sprint so I can't comment on their customer service, but my roommate had a Sprint phone and I know for a fact that the coverage absolutely sucked for it... and I'm in a metro area. I always had decent signal strength with AT&T and T-mobile.

Also, when you come accross a rep who doesn't know what they're talking about (and this goes for ANY company) they always seem to be rude because they figure their information is always right and you're insignificant and couldn't possibly be more informed than they are. Sure it's true that many of them aren't paid enough to care, but that's still no good excuse.
    Originally posted by Bob VA
    I successfully placed my order this morning. I got really mad and frustrated with the same info you were getting. I kept hanging up and calling back until I found someone who did help. It helped that he was interested in the phone and couldn't wait to get his too. Wes id# WWWARD02.
    Called back this afternoon and have a tracking number.
    What number did you dial?
    Were you an existing customer?
    Did you get a discount?

I've called a bunch of times and found that Customer Service (*2) have no clue about the phone. Unfortunately, the folks at 888-253-1315 will order the phone for you but won't give discounts or service credits. For that, they forward me over to Customer Service who, as I mentioned above, haven't a clue about the phone and won't give any discounts anyway.
    go.digital
    I've always had good experiences with people I've talked with at Sprint, including yesterday. Nice lady, intelligent, willing to work with me.

But I think the issue here is the poor communication about niche products from up above. Granted, a CSR probably gets 15 calls about replacing those freebie candybar phones for every one call about a high-end phone, much less the particular high-end phone we are all interested in. However, it's really bad that even when they go hunting for info, they are coming up with different answers. Judging by what's on this board, it's all over the map

- some find the phone after some hunting
    - some know about it right away
    - some hunt and never find anything
    - some are sure that the phone won't be out for a week or so and won't budge no matter what you tell them
    - some give discounts, some don't

It's clear that Sprint is not prioritizing information about this phone and making sure that everyone's on the same page. Is this a problem? In the grand scheme of things, probably not. Remember, we are a TINY fraction of their user base. However, it does give a small black eye to the company, and it seems it would be easy to fix by just putting new phones in some easy-to-find place in the computer system (heck, a page called "NEW PHONES") and posting notices on the break room billboard.
    I have used both Sprint and T-Mobile and I can say with confidence that T-Mobile CS is sooo much better than Sprint's that there is no comparison. In addition, T-Mobile's service seems to be always improving. People are always curtious and don't talk down to you when they don't understand what you're talking about. They always transfer you to more knowledgable people if they can't answer your questions.
    I called Sprint this morning. 2 separate CSR's that I spoke with told me they didn't have the phone, but knew who did. At that point I was transferred to Accessories (of all things) and they were able to handle my order. She stated it would ship today and I'd receive it within 2-3 business days. The accessories # is 1-800-974-2221. The only potential issue? She had to write down the order by hand and handle it that way! However, I remember seeing another post on another page that was handled this way. She ASSURED me that it would be shipped today. Still waiting to get the tracking #. We'll see.
    Krob's getting treo 600 screen protectors, Krob's getting treo 600 screen protectors!!!

Good luck! I hope it comes through for ya!

Matt
    Funny!
    Yeah, so I called back to Accessories to find out the status of my order, i.e. processing and a tracking #. I found out that they were expecting to have that phone but DIDN'T YET! Augh. So, I told them to rip up that order, then called the direct business number (1-877-636-6804), ordered the phone--it *supposedly* is in stock--told them it was a replacement phone and was only charged $399. It's being shipped out today with potential of receiving it tomorrow.

I think this could get real interesting on my end! I have the potential of getting 2 Treo 600's charged to my account, and the potential for them to mess with me when they realize they charged me the wrong price!!
    Originally posted by krob
    --told them it was a replacement phone and was only charged $399. It's being shipped out today with potential of receiving it tomorrow.

I think this could get real interesting on my end! I have the potential of getting 2 Treo 600's charged to my account, and the potential for them to mess with me when they realize they charged me the wrong price!!
    So, you're gonna get some screen protectors AND a replacement Treo 300. Woo Woooo!
    Wish ya the best of luck, man

I'm calling around trying to find one local.. so much fun... nice people!