This past weekend, I experienced a problem. When I picked up my treo to retrieve a phone number, I was surprised to see that the screen was already on and the “palm powered” logo was displayed.

I believe I have experienced a similar problem a few times in the past. On the prior occasions, I was able to rectify the matter by performing a soft reset. Thus, in this instance, I attempted a soft reset. It did not work. I also tried a hard reset. That did not work, either. When I tried the hard reset, a screen came up with the following message:

Erase all data?

Yes – “up” button.
No – any other button.

Since I have not performed a hot sync operation for the past several days, I do NOT want to erase all data. Thus, I pressed another button. The “palm powered” logo screen returned and remained on the screen. I tried this a few times, but each time, the same result occurred.

According to the instructions in the manual, I also tried a "warm" reset. That did not work either.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY (OTHER THAN A HARD RESET) TO GET THE UNIT TO OPERATE PROPERLY (I.E., TURN ON AND BRING UP MY INFORMATION) OR, AT LEAST, HOW I CAN HOT SYNC THE UNIT (FROM MY UNIT'S CURRENT STATE - BEFORE PERFORMING A HARD RESET) SO THAT ANY INFORMATION I INPUTTED SINCE MY LAST HOT SYNC WILL BE SAVED ONTO MY COMPUTER – BEFORE I PERFORM A HARD RESET.

TO ALL IN TREO LAND - THANK YOU!!!!!